Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with the iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense becoming increasingly unable to sync over last week or so. Refusing to sync at all now. Have followed every piece of advice - resetting, turn on and off (both iPhone and Sense), removing and reconnecting device, forgetting device from phone Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling app. Nothing working. Also always been inaccurate on floor counting but today has stopped calorie tracking. All very frustrating for a long term Fitbit devotee. Any ideas what else I can do before I demand replacement? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

Thank you, will definitely give this a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to mention the battery life issue as well. I feel like this started one day when my Sense had a noticeable slow down (lagging in Exercise menu), that was resolved after I restarted, but then the sync issue happened after that. This was a few days ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what phone you have. In the help doc above, one of the troubleshooting steps is to remove the sense from the phones Bluetooth. Do not remove from the fitbit app. 

Another step that has helped many with android and iOS is to clear the Fitbit Apps cache. 

Sometimes a restart of the phone or Sense works. 

Or if it is a hardware problem the phone or sense may need a shutdown and restart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some update on my earlier post.

Today after restarting my phone 3 times it’s finally syncing really fast and I have all health parameters measured. I wish everyone a quick fix for your Sense watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of the previous suggestions.

1) Restarted everyting

2) Un-paired the bluetooth and re-paired several times with limited success.

3) Removed and reloaded from the fitbit app several times with limited success.

Regardless, the Sense will not sync twice in a row after any of these attempted solutions. Prior to this is has been working fine for the last year or so.

Best Answer
Thanks!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with me. It never used to be this bad, but now it won't hold a connection for more than a few minutes. It's messing up my sleep tracking because it loses connection during the night now. 

Best Answer

It would be helpful in answering if we knew what type of phone that help is being asked for. 

Have you cleared the phones Cache? Or at least the fitbit's cache? 

Tried removing the tracker from the phones Bluetooth? 

Not just a restart, but done a complete power off of the phone, and or the tracker? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same sync issue with my Sense.  Did all the stop/start steps, turn on/off bluetooth, etc. with the support.  At the end what worked is to launch a factory reset from the Setting, About menu on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you around the Community Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to work on this situation, I'm sorry for the delayed response. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to sync your Sense correctly. Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it help us to improve the Fitbit experience, your comments won't be the exception. If you've exhausted the troubleshooting tips described here, please provide me with the following information so I can investigate on my end:

• What is the error message displayed on the Fitbit app when trying to sync?
  • Do you recall since when this started to happen?
  • What is the model of your phone?
  • On the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Help & Support and let me know the version

See you around.

Best Answer

The error reads “sorry couldn’t sync your sense”.  This started within the past week.  I have done all the things that everyone else has done and what is listed in the troubleshooting section.  I have an iPhone 11 and it is up to date.  My Fitbit app is up to date as well.  I’m hoping this means you all are working on a fix to whatever “bug” is causing all of this.  I bought my watch 6 months ago. 

Best Answer

I have followed all these steps.  I have now removed the device from the app to do a reinstall and now I get that something has gone wrong and it said abort.  Now not only will it not sync now I can’t even get it  it added to the Fitbit app.  This is the third time this has happened. Seems like every few months I have to disconnect it then reload it.  This was never an issue with any other Fitbit before.  Too much money paid on these for this type of problem to be happening every few months.  And now can’t even get it added to the app.  

Best Answer

Won’t that lose all our data? We haven’t been able to sync in a few days so we just gonna throw it all out?

Best Answer

Ok, so today, the sync has worked every time I requested a sync from the fitbit app.  WTH.....no updates, no factory resets, no turning off bluetooth, etc.....but for some reason, it has worked today, maybe 7 times throughout the day.  Just tried it again, and it worked.

Did someone fix the "bug" and the app updated without me knowing it?  I'm crossing my fingers that the issue has been fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes Rich, i have done your suggestion numerous times over the last week and it will sync one time then i have to go through the process again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The last couple weeks I have done that several times each day. When it
happened on a weekly bases, it was annoying but workable. Now???
Best Answer
0 Votes

All the same issues... took mine back to factory settings and completely sorted it! 

Best Answer

Today May 9 it does seem to be back to normal sync. Fingers crossed! 

Sense (formerly Ionic), iPhone 12
Best Answer

ok, I'm on day 4 of everything is working correctly.  I'm thinking "they" fixed something and didn't tell us.

Best Answer

Same is happening to my Sense. 
blank screen- can’t turn it off- nothing is working to sync. But then randomly I get a text popping up on the watch face- but not able to actually sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes