Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense OS update (5.2.1)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find the release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense here.

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

I did this times 3 and it was a complete waste of time and fixed nothing, issues remain.

First admit the firmware is a problem Fitbit, then fix it, problems solved for everyone.

Best Answer

Hi nope no information available on Google too.

No one knows, it's so confusing.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

This release includes bug fixes and improvements

That is all that they posted, not very helpful

Best Answer

Mine says there is an update but when I look for it not there. 

won't sync now either, gets stuck

Worked great for 24hrs after changing to different device now crap again!

Click on it, where does it go. I tried and no sign of update or how to download and now watch won't sync

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not going to be a good thing. I think I have the Sense for less than 2 months, I think there have been 3 firmware updates. They said my watch is "broken" and I should return it... then they will send out a replacement, refurbished, which was somebody else's problem. All I know for certain is for the price, and what is should do and actually does do, this is just overpriced junk.The nice watch faces are extra cost or are not compatible with the Sense. For the prices I could get an Apple Watch, or something else that works.

I had it synced to my phone, but never could answer call from the watch. So I disconnected it. And the internet agrees, I did not find many positive reviews of the Sense.

Best Answer
I agree that there are problems. It took me 2 RMA's to get one that now
works. Now that it works, all of the advertised features are there and I
would not go to an Apple watch as I am not leaving the Android platform at
this time (or not in the near future).
Best Answer

Hello, the problem of counting floors is still not repaired with this latest firmware (5.2.1), I have been testing for several days and still more than 200 floors while I do not mount any!!!

Best Answer

@JohnGillet wrote:

Hello, the problem of counting floors is still not repaired with this latest firmware (5.2.1), I have been testing for several days and still more than 200 floors while I do not mount any!!!

Yep, 8 or so months and they STILL can't fix this issue.

Can't wait to see what Samsung watch is going to offer and how it integrates with Fitbit because the Sense will be my last Fitbit device.

Best Answer

"Release notes will be available soon"

In my head, "soon" means within the next couple of days. The OS update has been out for a week, follow the link, and you are told to follow another link "What is new in the latest Fitbit os update"  What will you find at the end of the link game? Whats new for OS 5.2.1. In the end it won't matter. It is almost 100% certain all we will get when "Whats new for Fitbit OS 5.2.4" gets out there is "This release includes bug fixes and improvements."

So remind me; What is the point?

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Try restart sense n app

Clear fitbit app cache n data

Best Answer

@Pamzss wrote:

Try restart sense n app

Clear fitbit app cache n data

If this is in reference to the stair count issue.  Sense is restarted after the firmware update is done and the app has nothing to do with the stair count being I can get the count right on the Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you read the blog on this firmware update

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was the last update
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just moved over to Android so persevering to see I'd it sorts out. I've had all updates to device, app, fitbit  op systems to both so now monitoring. 

Best Answer

updated to the latest firmware/OS and the link provided for details on the update says fixed bugs and improved performance or vice versa...so much for providing any specific details....

Best Answer

just received the 5.49 Firmware. (up from 5.38) and smooth sailing install and so far running just fine. no issues calls and texts work as well as other apps and ECG device and apps all seem fine

Best Answer

Morning, I asked on there facebook page and got a link,but there was no info about this update on it. I don't understand why others are on different updates from others?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitbitCommunity wrote: We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! 

I am not sure what to say, I just installed the update but nothing changed, mainly because I don't know what to expect. Hopefully what wasn't broken will still work, and maybe, just maybe I will receive a sleep score every morning from now on.

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

Received the upgrade this morning. So far so good.  I can't say that the update fixed or improved anything, but it also doesn't appear to have broken anything either.

Best Answer