Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense OS update (5.2.1)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find the release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense here.

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

Yup @SunsetRunner that is fitbit's typical MO.  

Any major changes that the user may see are usually mentioned in the blog.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Hi!

I have noticed that my OnePlus 9 Pro phone stops syncing with my Fitbit Sense after i have connected to a another Bluetooth device, like my car handsfree connection.

To solve this i reboot the Oneplus device and then it starts to sync with the Fitbit device again. 

To me this is a OnePlus Bluetooth connection problem.

Best regards

Best Answer

I got the Notice on my FitBit App on my iPhone 11 that a Firmware Update is available for my "Sense."  I clicked on "Update Tracker", scrolled to end of "Privacy & your FitBit device" and clicked on "I accept."  On the next screen advising that "it can take over 20 minutes to complete...", I clicked on "Next" since both my phone & FitBit were over 50% charged and connected to chargers.  After about 15 seconds of not "searching" for my Sense device, the screen shows a Message telling me to make sure the screen turns on when I press the button on the FitBit.  To eliminate all possibilities on my end, I first made both the IPhone and the Sense so that the screen is "Always On" and "Never turns off."  I then shut down both the phone and the FitBit Sense, then restarted both.  I again went into my iPhone FitBit App, clicked on "Update Tracker" etc. etc. and did everything as before.  The "Updater" cannot find the device!  I give up!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitbitCommunity wrote:

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

I've just installed it on my current Fitbit Sense. I'm not sure if there will be any change to any functionality as the features implemented of any change are for Premium Users as mentioned on your blog. For a firmware rollout the opaqueness of detail of what has been fixed is a reflection of the lack of commitment to Sense owners who have reported bugs for several months including:

• Grossly inflated floor count
  • Inconsistent syncing with phones
  • Notifications not being received
  • Inconsistent recording of SpO2 data during sleep
  • SpO2 readings now 24 hours behind every other health metric when it is recorded

So what exactly of these have been fixed? Given that hundreds of dollars has been spent by individual owners, we are entitled to know the details of the software update. Other tech companies provide this. There is no informed choice or consent extended to owners from Fitbit. It is a forced choice by owners of a device that does not perform as advertised and hope that firmware and software updates do indeed fix problems.

The Sense is looking to be the last Fitbit I will own given the ongoing record of poor customer service and deliberate ignorance of reasonable requests and expectations.

Best Answer

@LostScientist42 - well said. This hits pretty much every single nail on the head with the ongoing problems with this device and lack of proper support. This will also be my last Fitbit device. It was my first and figuring it was the "premium" model I was shocked at the problems and how long they have gone on for. I expect my screen to fall off any day now too seeing as that's one of the only problems I have not had yet.

Best Answer

Hi everyone and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your Sense and the firmware update. Before anything else, let me share that this is primarily a small update, but the help articles notes will be updated soon. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed along to keep our team informed.

Our team is aware of the issues experienced with the inaccurate floors and the SpO2 data not appearing in the Health Metrics tile. I understand how much this is affecting you and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. They're working on both issues to bring a solution and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, I'd recommend keeping an eye to both threads which will be updated as soon as we received more details from them:

@Howaboutthat I'm sorry for the issues you've experienced with your Sense, and thanks for the steps tried on your own. In regards to the wallet tile, do you see an error message when setting up Fitbit Pay? Is your phone syncing correctly? As you may know, your watch needs to be connected with the Fitbit app in order to use some apps such as Find Phone, or set up certain features such as Fitbit Pay. If you've tried the possible troubleshooting tips described in our help site including setting up your watch as a new device, let me suggest contacting our Support team so they can investigate what may be occurring. You can get connected with them via chat or phone by clicking here.

In regards to the notifications, I noticed that you've received assistance in this other thread. Please follow the instructions shared in there and if you have additional questions, I recommend replying directly to that thread to receive more details and prevent any confusion.

@MartinNWales Thanks for sharing detailed information about your Sense. As you may know, the battery life of your Sense will depend on how frequent certain features such as GPS connection, SpO2 tracking or Always-On Display are used. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, but just to take them into consideration. That being said, let me suggest trying the tips described in this help article to maximize the battery life, fully charge your Sense with the original charging cable and monitor its behavior in the next days.

@JT_sense_user Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your watch prior to posting. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you're having this experience with your watch. Our team constantly works on our products to improve their performance based on the feedback shared in the forums, rest assured your comments won't go unnoticed. Because the possible troubleshooting steps were exhausted, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options. Click here to get connected with them, and make sure to share the steps you've tried so far.

@20miBicycleMan Thanks for sharing detailed information, and for your efforts. I'm sorry the firmware update isn't downloading correctly and because you've tried our recommended steps, please give one last try to the following:

1. Forget your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and turn off any other Bluetooth connection nearby.
  3. With your Sense plugged into the charging cable, open the Fitbit app.
  4. Tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process and firmware update.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit wrote:

Our team is aware of the issues experienced with the inaccurate floors and the SpO2 data not appearing in the Health Metrics tile. I understand how much this is affecting you and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. They're working on both issues to bring a solution and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, I'd recommend keeping an eye to both threads which will be updated as soon as we received more details from them:

This response is tiresome.  It's been 8+ months reporting these issues and if your developers cannot fix these issues at hand in a timely manner it's time for new developers/management.

Also, this is 2021 and every other software/service company lets their customer know what bugs/issues that aren't resolved and which were resolved with each software update.  Leaving customers in the dark is very poor customer service.

Best Answer
Battery drain issues sorted itself after a full discharge / recharge. Stable since and no change to usage

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@primortal  Unfortunately the suggestion was made and outright refused, and blocked for comment, so it's not going to happen.

Add a Notice board of known issues under development and issues resolved

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I updated and now it will now charge. I am REALLY mad about this since I just got it 7/24/2021...so I have not even had it for 2 months and it seems like the update "bricked" it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nblgwtw was your Sense on it's charger while updating like stated in the upgrade instructions? If so it is strange for sure you still need to charge it.  

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated the app yesterday and read that there will be new feature that I can check my SpO2 from my clock's Today's feature. However, I'm not seeing it although I slso checked the Today's manager but it wasn't there, too. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

updated to latest firmware the other day, now notifications are intermittent or even not functioning...

If this continues, will factory reset the watch and see what happens...

app on the iOS has a new update, its now version 3.45

Had to force update through the app store

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@UserJ when I click on the today app of my Sense I see my Sp02 at the bottom of the page. Maybe it has to be added to your list. Can you take a look at the bottom of the Today list, and click on the 'modify' (in Dutch it's called 'bewerken' so I hope I translated it correctly 😅) button? 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

Since the latest update my Fitbit sense battery lasts around 6h! Then it goes from 100% to 0%! Is there a way to revert this update? Are you aware of this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to download the app SPO2 tracker by Fitbit. Then it will show on today app. (Not the drop down but the Today app) 

Also my wife's Sense updated to 5.49 as well tonight no issues...

However no fix for the lack of notifications from Blink motion camera or from Life360 Place alerts on watch still. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that yesterday but it wasn't there. Today I decided to try once again after your comment and now it was. Maybe it needed to be through the night to appear or something. So thank you! 

Best Answer

Im having the same issue I can’t even go through the menu system to factory reset it makes my Fitbit  useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get my GPS working again after latest sense software upgrade. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Decided to do a factory reset after 2 days of not getting notifications after latest firmware update. Rather than going through individual suggestions of reset/install/uninstall bluetooth connect/re-connect, its just the same response over and over again when encountering issues after firmware update. 

Its a bit of a pain (time consuming) and shouldn't have to reset every firmware update.

So we'll see if issues (notifications, floor count, heart rate) gets fixed or at least, minimized. 

Best Answer
0 Votes