Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense OS update (5.2.1)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find the release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense here.

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
141 REPLIES 141

I contacted support and after all the trouble shooting (again) they sent me
a label to get it replaced 😣--

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

@Sepsisdnacan you please remove your personal information?

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh god! I don’t know how. I just answered the forum thru my email!

Best Answer

@Sepsisdna if you click on the three dots in the right corner of your comment you get a pull down menu with the edit option. Just remove your personal information and save it. A moderator can remove it later 👍

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

I won’t give me that option

i have:

mark as new

bookmark

subscribe

perma link

email to a friend

Report this post

no edit no delete

Best Answer

Are you sure you're logged in while you're looking? Also the Edit Reply button is at the very top of list, above the line, and the list of options that you posted that you can see.

If you don't look carefully you can actually miss it. (I couldn't find it myself the first couple times I looked)

If you're logged in and can't see that on your own posts then I have no idea why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably best to inform Fitbit Support directly of the problem. They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband thinks it because I’m a mere jogger 😣

Best Answer

@Sepsisdna- There have been problems editing the posts in some cases.

Can you try with a PC browser, but it could be related somehow to your account.

By logging in on another platform it may clear the Edit function to enable you to edit it.

Well done for becoming a jogger!

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I don't think your husband is right on this, @Sepsisdna 🙂

Just access the Community website using a web browser, log in and then follow what @RonaldM and @Klocker  wrote. It should work. Although I'm a mere "runner" 😆

Best Answer

@RonaldM when you see something like all caps or personal info, it is best to report, rather than ask the poster to edit. 

Best Answer

Thanks @Rich_Laue, I did both 😉 Good to see it worked 👍

Best Answer

Yet ANOTHER Fitbit fail.   Once again, I bought a Fitbit product, hoping that it would work better than the last version, yet on software update the whole thing falls apart. Not only did the ability to connect app to Wifi fail,  But the ability to update the tracker bombed also.. I am shocked that this many years into producing these products that you cannot seem to get this right. I am giving this away and moving on.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and thanks for your participation in this thread.

@nblgwtw Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry you're going through this experience and to work on this together, may I know if you see a green light on the back? If you've not done so, please give a try to the troubleshooting steps described in this help article, monitor its behavior and keep me posted on the outcome.

@an1 Thanks for the details provided. While it's not possible to revert to a previous firmware version, I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team and they're helping you with this matter. Please follow their instructions and keep an open communication with them, I'm sure they'll keep working on this to bring you back on track.

@Sepsisdna I'm glad you've received help from our Support team and thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Sense. Just to clarify with you and @SunsetRunner, let me share that the status you see under your username is your rank and it'll depend on how active you are in the Community Forums. You can learn more about it here.

@SunriseRun480 Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your Sense. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team constantly works on our devices and the feedback shared in the forums is always taken into consideration to improve their performance, your comments won't be the exception. If you'd like to give your watch another chance, please let me know the model of your phone, as well as confirm if you've tried the troubleshooting tips described in this help article. Take in mind that in order to connect to your network and install the update, your watch needs to be plugged into the charging cable.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, same issues.  Device syncs, I can see my info in the phone app.  Sleep doesn't show on watchface, and battery now tanks, whereas it has been great for months with same usage pattern.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like several others I am seeing sync facing after connecting to another Bluetooth device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this latest update my spo2 does not show consistently on the watch face. When i check the metrics i am not sure it's still reading sp02 any longer.. have app and watch face installed.. Need help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Almost a week after the update I have to say all the things work fine for me. Not sure if this is related to the last update, but since then I have received daily sleep stages! I don't want to jinx it, but I'm very excited about this. Especially it's months ago since I received it on a daily basis. 

@AZFitbtUser any luck on your side? 

Screenshot_20210815-074901.jpg

Best Answer

Yes I get my sleep stages too I'm just not getting my spo2.. it's frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

This last update has bricked my sense. It is stuck on the logo and I have tried to delete from app, factory reset using the button multiple times, and let it die completely. Nothing has worked. So disappointed with this device and Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes