Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense - Transcript error when using voice replies

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning my note 20 ultra updated to Android 12 and one ui 4.0. Ever since voice replies to text messages have stopped working.  When I attempt to use a voice reply my Sense either gives a transcription error, or says unavailable.  Strangely, google assistant is working so I know that it is not the microphone.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited to add troubleshooting steps:

I have:  forced stop, cleared cache, logged out and back into the fitbit app, restarted sense, restarted phone, checked that ALL permissions are allowed, removed Sense from the app and then set it up again, factory reset Sense and set it up again, uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app, checked the settings app in Sense to make sure microphone is on, checked to make sure all of the correct apps are set to "default", tested using both the stock Samsung messaging app and Google Messages app same results with both, checked battery settings to make sure the app is allowed to run unrestricted in the background, checked settings to make sure app is "kept open" and allowed to run in the background "at all times" .   Both the Fitbit app and Sense firmware are the latest version.

Nothing has worked. When I attempt to respond to a text message with a voice reply I immediately get either a "transcription error" or "unavailable" both of these errors occur before I can even begin speaking.  Interestingly, if I try to send a "quick reply" either an emoji or a text those work flawlessly. 

This problem has only started after my phone updated to Android 12 and Samsung One UI 4.0.  Seeing as how others are having the same issue on non-Samsung phones I'm guessing this is an issue with Android 12.

This needs to be elevated to support.  I can only imagine that this issue will become far more wide spread as more phones are upgraded to Android 12.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

same problem we are having on the Versa 3 and 2 watches   happened about 2 days ago... many different phones involved.  Samsung, Motorola , and now i read some google pixels.. 

------------

well stated..  happening to SENSE, VERSA 2 and 3... 

did you get a hold of somebody?  i forwarded this to some mods in here already

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay I finally remembered to try to voice reply and something is definitely broken.

PXL_20220401_175148315.jpg

Best Answer
I tried to remove everything from phone, did a factory reset on watch
and started from scratch. Still did not work.
Best Answer

Fitbit needs to get this resolved fast. I just got mine less than a week ago, mainly switched from AmazonFit for the option to reply. This is A LOT of money out of my pocket to work properly. I definitely would have went a different route knowing this issue!

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports and feedback, as well as the steps tried on your own. Let me share that our team is aware of this situation and they're working to get this fixed soon. Your patience is truly appreciated and rest assured I'll keep them informed of the impact to you and other members. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. By the way, I've moved some of your posts to keep the forums organized.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for elevating this to technical support and for letting us know that they are working on the issue.  I understand that glitches happen sometimes, especially when you are supporting many different devices with different operating systems/versions.  I appreciate the fact that you will be keeping us updated on the progress of a "fix".  

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad to announce that this issue has been resolved! Please try using the voice replies on your Sense and let us know how it goes. You can always check this help article for instructions on how to use this feature.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer

I just tried one text reply and mine seems to be working now.

Thank you to those that got this issue resolved fairly quickly.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, @LizzyFitbit. That was really fast! 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

It is now working for me also. Thanks for taking care of the problem.

Best Answer

Thank you for the quick fix.  I can confirm it's now working again for me as well. 😊

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you here.

You're welcome, and thanks to you for keeping me posted. I'm glad the voice replies are working correctly and I hope you can keep taking advantage of the features included on your Sense.

In case you have some spare time, check out our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. Happy stepping! 😎

Best Answer

Hi,
Unfortunately, my voice replies still aren't working. I still have the same error. Is it possible that the update has not been released for the European part of the world?

Best Answer

maybe you need to restart the watch..  you probably already have done this i guess..

also restart phone?  

sorry that is all i can recommend?

Best Answer

Voice replies now work, but only if I'm connected to mobile internet with my mobile, but voice replies don't work when my mobile is connected to Wi-Fi. What can I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hankaff It sounds like an issue with your home network or Internet service. Have you tried restarting your router to see if that fixes the issue? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi there, @hankaff@Phamstagram360 and @N8teGee Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@hankaff Thanks for keeping me posted about your Sense. Let me share that our team has bring a fix to all our affected members regardless of the location. I'm sorry you're still having this issue and as our friends mentioned, I'd also suggest restarting your watch, removing and reconnecting your Wi-Fi from the Sense's settings. Once that is done, try receiving a notification in order to test the quick replies and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not resolved. I'm still getting the issue. Prior to this whole transcription error started, I could voice reply on any messaging platform, like Google chat,  what'sapp, facebook messaging, and my phones native messaging app. Now the only "resolved" issue is it only works with the default messaging app for my phone, android messages. Properly resolve this issue, not just half way please! 

I should state this is for both my sense, and my husband's BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX Versa 3

Best Answer

Hi there, @hmcgee.

Thanks for joining this thread. I'm sorry the issue persists with your Sense and your husband's Versa 3. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've tried any other troubleshooting step prior to posting? Did you also try the the suggestions shared in this thread?

In the meantime, please give a try to the following:

1. Forget your Fitbit device from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. On your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Fitbit device, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Try using the voice replies one more time. For instructions, see this help article.
Best Answer
0 Votes