Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense band detached

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased that sense (i purchased the additional warranty) on a Friday it arrived on a Tuesday, on Wednesday i call fitbit to complain that the bottom portion of the band is detaching itself, the small piece that locks is loose and keeps moving causing the problem, i have even tried the other bans that came with the fitbit, the same thing is occurring. The rep told me that what i had to do for a device that i had only had less than 24 hours was file a claim, they would investigate! i returned all of their product for a full refund because i thought they should have changed out their defective product, but the rep told me no i still needed to file a claim. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
47 REPLIES 47

Hi @Voidedlime. It's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for letting me know that your Sense isn't staying latched to the wristband and for your efforts in contacting our Support team. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry that you've gone through this experience. Our team continuously reviews the forums to work on our products and services based on our members comments. Your feedback won't be the exception as it'll help us to evaluate our procedures and improve our overall environment. You're always welcome back to the Fitbit family if you change of mind.

See you around.

Best Answer

According to the rep this is how fitbit usually handles situations like this, i specifically questioned the rep keeping in mind that i only had this device <24 hrs, the problem was an apparent defect in the small latch that should keep the strap in place. To request me to file a claim was absurd, i did not damage the device. If the strap came off while i was wearing the device,  it fell, the face cracks, what would be fitbit thought while i am waiting on fitbit to make a decision, so again i returned your product,  i am a very dissatisfied consumer.  This incident has made me not want to make any future purchases from fitbit and i would advise others the same. 

Best Answer

Hi @Voidedlime. It's good to see you here again.

Thanks for your continued feedback about your Sense. I see your point of view about going through this situation with your new watch and your experience with our Support team. I'm sorry that you've had this experience and please know that your feedback will be passed along so we can keep improving our services and the Fitbit experience.

If you need anything else from me, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just upgraded to to the Sense from the Versa 2. The wristband is causing me a lot of problems already as well. I’ve only had it for a few hours. It’s uncomfortable and hard to do up.  I have developed a rash on the area where it goes under. I don’t have sensitive skin.  I’ve tried loosening it and tightening it and it’s still not awesome. Definitely not as comfortable as the Versa 2. I’ll give it a go for a few more days but if I continue to find it annoying - it’s going back.

Best Answer
  • Completely understand. Mine comes off every few hours and I can’t believe I’ll have to get a refund and try another product for such a simple thing. I love everything else about it but I know I’ll lose it soon and not even know it detached itself. So frustrating. Good luck to you. 
Best Answer

The advice I’ve had is to buy another band, but I’m still disappointed in how poor the design is of this infinity band. Some people rave about it but I find it really difficult to do up and, I have the same fear as  you that it’s going fall off. I’ll give it a try for another couple days and I guess I’ll just order yet another band if I decide to stick with it. I would really like Fitbit  to switch back to a normal clasp! Good luck to you too. 

Best Answer
I have tried turning the band over- the long one, and it hasn’t detached itself yet. So odd that they don’t Mark them so we know how to attach them. Hoping this works!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. Will give it a go. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem i had, i was afraid i would lose it or it would fall off, break the screen when i contacted fitbit about exchanging it they told me to submit a claim. I refused considering i only has it ( the sense) less than 24 hours, i was calling to complain,  so i returned it for a refund and put my versa 2 back on.

Best Answer

@TweedC and @alohatad, welcome to the Community Forums. @Voidedlime, it's nice to see you again.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand your concern about having these issues with the band and I'm sorry that you've gone through this experience. Our team constantly works on our devices, accessories and services based on the comments that we received from our members to make sure we're delivering something that fits your needs. Feedback like yours takes a big part of this process so be sure that won't be taken for granted.

@TweedC, if by any chance you continue having a discomfort while wearing the Sense, please let me know so I can get you in touch with our Support team for further assistance.

If you have another question, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The wristband is certainly a big area to improve.  My Sense is now enjoying an extended swim at the bottom of the ocean thanks to the strap popping off.  Goodbye $600 watch, it was a lovely week and a half I had you for.

Best Answer

Wow, i am sorry to hear that you lost your fitbit. That was the point i was trying to get thru to the customer service representative at fitbit but for some reason he couldn't understand the possibility of something like this happening. Did you have insurance, if so check to see if it's covered for lost because the band detached. 

Best Answer

Hi @mikelakenz. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Voidedlime, it's good to see you around.

Thanks for your thorough feedback about the Sense and I'm sorry for the inconvenience experienced with the wristbands. I understand where you're coming from about this situation, please know that our team always takes our members feedback to work and improve our devices, services and overall environment, and yours won't be the exception. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So was is the plan of action by FitBit?  I am experiencing the same that the band is detaching by itself during regular movements. This was a Christmas gift and I’d hate to crack it or worse, lose it. 
also I understand there is a find your FitBit-like app yet it doesn’t apply to the Sense. Any updates there?  Thank you!

Best Answer

I am sorry to say there is no action plan other than to give you a generic "sorry to hear that, we will work to improve that on the next model you buy.  My next model will not be a Fitbit though.

Best Answer

Fitbit doesn't seem to be taking this band situation serious, the generic/ robotic responses aren't enough especially for people that spend money on their products. 

Best Answer

Hi @Flamboyant. Welcome on board. @mikelakenz and @Voidedlime, it's good to see you around.

@Flamboyant, thanks for letting me know about your Sense. I understand your concern about this situation, that's why I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case on your behalf and provide you with further assistance. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

@mikelakenz and @Voidedlime, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation. Because you already have a case created, I'd recommend to reply back to the last email sent by our team and keep an open communication with them, that way you'll receive more details about their resolution.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I personally have received no emails from fitbit! When i spoke with the representative on the phone he was less than concerned. I question if this is the attitude of fitbit as a whole?

Best Answer

@Voidedlime, thanks for getting back.

I appreciate you for your thorough feedback, I'm sorry that you've had that experience with our team. I was told by our Support team that an email was sent to you last month, however, since you've not received it I've requested them to get in touch with you to share more details about your case. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes