Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense band detached

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased that sense (i purchased the additional warranty) on a Friday it arrived on a Tuesday, on Wednesday i call fitbit to complain that the bottom portion of the band is detaching itself, the small piece that locks is loose and keeps moving causing the problem, i have even tried the other bans that came with the fitbit, the same thing is occurring. The rep told me that what i had to do for a device that i had only had less than 24 hours was file a claim, they would investigate! i returned all of their product for a full refund because i thought they should have changed out their defective product, but the rep told me no i still needed to file a claim. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
47 REPLIES 47

I have a similar problem with the wristband of the Fitbit sense. It is so uncomfortable and tough to put on and off. The two bands that come with it are either too small or too big for my hand. I am definitely returning it because of disappointment. No matter how fancy the watch is, it is not fit for me.

Best Answer

Hi @fahmy83. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know about your Sense. I'm sorry you've gone through this experience. Be sure your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed and will help us to work on our products, and improve your experience with them. Given this situation, I'd suggest you to get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and provide you with further assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

Thanks for your reply and I am glad you took note of it. 

At the moment, I don't think I have options because I have already shipped it back. 

Thanks again and have a good day. 

Best Answer

Hi @fahmy83. I'm glad to see you again.

You're welcome, thanks to you for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation. You're always welcome back to the Fitbit family if you change of mind.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this just happened after my swimming session today. After only having the Sense for less than 3 weeks. I took it off in the changing room to get dry and dressed. When I was ready to go I picked my Sense up by the strap, it came off and my watch fell to the floor and the screen is cracked. Never before has this happened but I see it's a thing with these new bands. I've emailed support with the pictures. If I was careless I would just accept it but the band shouldn't just fall off. Really sad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, sorry to hear, not surprised! Hopefully fitbit will do the right thing, replace it. Did you purchase the additional warranty? I still don't understand why fitbit isn't addressing the problem, seems like someone is only reading these post, responding and apparently thinking that's enough. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't purchase with Fitbit directly so unfortunately not. I shouldn't need to really if it's a common issue. I had Fitbit for lots of years since the Charge HR. I bought a Samsung Active 2 last year and changed it after a few months for the Sense. Thinking I wanted to go back to Fitbit. I hope they do the right thing too but we shall see. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you but I had my Fitbit 24 hours, contacted Fitbit to complain about the band detaching, they directed me to file a claim I was applauded that they would suggest such a thing instead of correcting the issue, there was no damage to the device, so I just told them to refund my money and the included my extended warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Fitbit support have arranged a new device for me and it's been dispatched. Obviously very happy with that. Great service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is fantastic,  now you should get the extended warranty on the new device, it will cover most damages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the UK and can't see where that is possible? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well at least you got a new device, just be mindful of the band issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ste and @Voidedlime. It's good to see you participating in the forums.

@ste Thanks for letting me know about your Sense. While I'm glad our Support team helped you with this matter, I'm sorry you've had this experience with your band. I understand where you and @Voidedlime are coming from about this situation and please know that your comments will be passed along to the proper team so we can continue improving our devices. If by any chance you have any inquiry about their resolution, please follow up with your email case so you can receive further assistance.

Best Answer

I participated in my first 5k today and was super excited to wear my Fitbit to track. When I arrived home, I knew I needed a shower badly and proceeded to complete the task, taking off my fit bit. I detached the bands so I could thoroughly wash the bands to remove any sweat residue and wipe down the back and sensors properly before putting back on. Now, I can't get the short back to stay attached. I've used compressed air to blow any potential debris out but no luck. The longest I've gotten the band to remain intact since performing what should be considered proper/routine maintenance is  minutes. If I move my arm the slightest, I have to be cautious and prepare to lose my device to the floor. I need this issue fixed quickly as I use my sense daily and have an active life so holding this thing to my arm isn't suitable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow.... ongoing issue with the band. Fitbit come on do something about these issues, most of us are repeat customers, upgrading our devices. My Fitbit Sense would have been my 3rd device, I like the device but not willing to risk losing my money but having the device fall off, get lost or broke so I returned it when I realized I was on my own for a brand new device. 

Best Answer

Hi @MamaMandaVAB. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Voidedlime It's good to see you again.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Sense. I understand how you're feeling about having this issue with the bands as this definitely isn't the experience that we want you to have. Our team will work to improve our products based on your comments, so we can make sure we're delivering something that fits your needs and keeps you motivated to reach a healthy lifestyle.

@MamaMandaVAB I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. Because they're providing you with assistance, please follow their instructions and follow up with your email case should you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Sense last weekend from Amazon and had the same problem. Strangely Amazon tried to deny their responsibility as the Retailer under UK Consumer law and tried to pass me off to a Fitbit employee to begin claim process. Amazon refused to replace the faulty Sense, very strange, but when I refused to speak to Fitbit and compromise my consumer rights Amazon did issue a full return. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to here Amazon did the right thing to refund your money. But I would think after all of this time fitbit would have corrected this problem with the Sense band! I have received emails from other companies, because I want to upgrade my device but fitbit is letting me down.

Best Answer

Sorry you are still not fairly treated by Fitbit. Reading this and other posts I think I'll move to Apple once they have a watch that lasts longer than two days charges in minutes not hours!

Best Answer

Hi @sarah.jo. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Voidedlime Thanks for your participation.

Thanks for the details provided, as well as sharing your feedback about the Sense. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team will continue working to improve on our products and services, and your feedback will be of great help to achieve that. If you need further assistance, please get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone, and keep an open communication with them. Your comments are truly appreciated and rest assured they won't be taken for granted.

Best Answer
0 Votes