Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

Interesting...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe updating the app caused the problem. I can tell you I tried turning it off and back on and turning off the Bluetooth. It didn’t help. I did a factory reset. Afterwards, my Fitbit downloaded new firmware and the problem was resolved.worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hallo,

So i managed to  reset the fitbit but that only lasted the 3 days and after that it went back to the same story.Si raised a case with support,followed all the links on how to save battery invain,i just received my replacement without sending the faulty/old one. so far so good.I hope this wont be the norm with Sense.This is my first time fitbit,crossing my fingers i am not dissapointed after afew months.

Guys try reaching support,They come through!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Have had the Sense since it was released and have always had the battery last almost a full week. As of yesterday, the battery has been draining from 100% to 0 in just a few hours. I haven't made any changes to the Sense, am not using the SpO2 app or clock, not using GPS or other apps, and the clock face is not set to stay on.  I wonder if there was an automatic update push which is causing these problems?   Very frustrating...

Best Answer

I’m pleased to see that you were able to find a solution and received a new Sense. 
The issue is with the Fitbit app. After carrying out all the steps to save the battery, I have now disconnected from the app and get the five days of battery life. Turning off Bluetooth is not an option as it is used for many other things like my hearing aids. Why should you have to brick your phone to use a Fitbit device? Just buy a $10 watch. I will connect to the app once a week to update data. My syncing issue has resolved itself connecting only occasionally. It takes a few minutes to sync but it does get there.

Please fix the Fitbit app or simply go back to a previous version.

Best Answer

Only had my Sense for four months. Last week I noticed battery was draining at alarming rate, I’m now lucky if I get five hours from full charge. 
I’ve tried looking online for solution without any luck. Noticed it appears to be a common issue. 
would appreciate any help or advice. 

Best Answer

There is currently a bug in the IOS Fitbit App.

The temporary workaround is to disable Bluetooth on the phone, except when you need to sync [obviously you won't get notifications or calls without Bluetooth on].

Recharge the watch and restart it and the battery should be as good as normal.

If you aren't on IOS or it doesn't fix it then it could be worth changing your clock face.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I’m wondering if the watch face utilized and how often the watch face is activated has something to do with it.  I have a basic watch face. My watch only lights up when I get a text, email, phone call, notifications like drink water, wash your hands, steps til hourly goal, etc.  i do not use “always on. The app is used strictly to check my metrics. The watch is like a device to record data. I have an iPhone and obviously iOS.

I am averaging approx 20% drain every 24 hours 

I kept record of my battery usage and it is below.

Also below is my watch face. I have an SpO2 face as one of my 5 but never select and get my SpO2 data every morning.

100% 7:15 p.m. 5/11 Tue CHARGE

89% 4:26 a.m. 5/12 Wed

73% 4:25 a.m. 5/13 Thur

53% 5:35 a.m 5/14 Friday

33% 5:32 a.m. 5/15 Sat

19% 7:27 p.m 5/15 Sat

100% 10:02 p.m. 5/15 Sat CHARGE

87% 6:33 a.m. 5/16 Sun

66% 11:28 a.m. 5/17 Mon

47% 6:49 a.m. 5/18 Tue

25% 5:58 a.m. 5/19 Wed

17% 7:00 p.m. 5/19 Wed

ABD2D6F1-DF10-4856-A47F-22BDAE6571FA.jpeg

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you around and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this new thread to keep our team informed of this situation. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your watches. I've escalated this issue experienced with the Sense battery quickly draining when syncing with the iOS Fitbit app. I'm sorry you're having this experience and our team is working to get this resolved soon. Be sure to keep the Fitbit app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

Your patience is truly appreciated and rest assured that your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
Model # is
280-0603-01 A
M/N FB512
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Sense since launch and during the past two weeks, I've experienced the battery drain as well. My Sense is paired with an iPhone 5s that has a bad bluetooth(any paired wireless headset mic will not pickup my voice), but never had issues pairing with the Sense.

After my second experience with the large battery drain, I charged my Sense to 100% at around 10:15 PM, changed my clockface to Intersection, turned off my phone's bluetooth and closed my fitbit app. I went to bed with it and the next morning when I woke up(6:10 AM), it only drained to 92%.

At that time, on my iPhone, I went to my settings and turned on bluetooth, deleted the existing bluetooth connection with my Sense, opened the fitbit app and re-paired the bluetooth connection with my Sense and monitored the battery charge throughout the day. Between 7 - 8, I had a short workout, but below are my readings throughout the day:

0820 - 89%

1015 - 88% (opened the google assist app)

1115 - 87%

1241 - 87%

1317 -  86%

1416 - 86%

1508 - 85%

1609 - 84%

By this time it seems that my battery drain was back to normal, and since last Wed, I have not seen any issues. I even changed my clock face to a SPO2 one that I regularly use and I've noticed normal battery drain.

Best Answer

Mine is only a few weeks old. I’m charging every 24 hours due to dead battery. Cant track sleep with a dead battery. I’m so disappointed with this device. I’m under 30’days , just may return it for a refund

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hardybush196164 

Its most likely a bug in the Fitbit App.

If you are using an iPhone try these workarounds.

On the phone

• Remove Sense from Bluetooth
  • Logout of the Fitbit App
  • Login and do a sync

Or  just turn off Bluetooth on the phone.

Go to watch settings and  do Shutdown. Then charge the watch and see if that fixes the battery drain.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hardybush196164If it were me, I'd probably return or exchange it, especially since you've only had it such a short time. It could be a number of things that's making it drain so quickly but it may be better safe than sorry. There's been a number of people on here who have gotten a Sense that's drained so quickly and they've gotten a replacement from Fitbit. Hope you're able to get it sorted quickly!

Best Answer

What kind of answer is this? My Fitbit was working fine until last week. Now, it won’t hold a charge 1 day. It’ll go from 100 to 0 in less than 24 hours. 

Where is Fitbit? This was almost 400 dollars and is only a few months old. I want an actual answer. I want the watch to work as it has when I got it.

Best Answer

In my research, it has to do with the IOS app. However, you won't get a straight explanation from Fitbit. I understand your frustration @Stetsonblade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. It started two days ago. I went from a full battery to 14% in less than 12 hours with no major apps being used. I have taken everything off of it that I can. I had a chat with tech support, and their suggestion was to read an article about battery life. Absolutely no help. I have had this for less than a month.

Best Answer

My month-old Sense starting a fast battery drain two days ago. I charge it to 100%, and less than 12 hours later I am down to single digits in battery life. I don't have the SpO2 app installed, I don't use GPS, the Always-on is not on, and I have removed all apps that I don't use. I'm not sure where to go from here, as customer service referred me to an article to read for tips on getting the most out of my battery life. I did not change anything before the battery started draining. Currently, it has drained 30% in less than 3 hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning all, 

My Sense has returned to normal battery drain after performing a factory reset and updating to the latest firmware. I did this last Friday and since that time have kept the Sense connected to the Fitbit app on my iPhone. It has been regularly syncing and maintaining a good charge. After three days it is still sitting at over 50% battery level. I’m anticipating that a charge will last for at least four days. 

My only other desire is to be able to use the Fitbit app on my Windows PC to sync with the Sense device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the forums.

Thanks for the details provided, as well as every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry you're going through this experience with the Sense. Our team is working to get this resolved and in the meantime, I'd recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent your watch's battery from draining when syncing. 

I've moved some of your posts to this thread to keep tracking this situation. I appreciate your patience and I'll keep this thread updated as soon as I receive more details from our team.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes