Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

They need to work out these kinks. Ridiculous!  

Best Answer

Define complete reset? 

I charged mine Thursday morning and it died about 2am overnight. Lost my sleep tracking for that night. Willing to try any tips. 

I would even do a roll back of the firmware if it was an option. I’d rather sync once a week than charge twice a day. 

Best Answer

Please please fix the new up date I’ve had to charge my battery twice in the last 2 days……… not on!!! 

Best Answer

I lost half my battery this morning but since closing the app it’s remained somewhat stable. Perhaps give that a try until a more permanent fix is available. 

Best Answer

I got this update and since I got it I have to charge my device at least twice a day and it doesn’t even last through the night,  I’ve gone from having 4 + days battery life to less than 12 hours battery life 

Best Answer
I did a complete reset ( from the watch screen) and that solved the
problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
All I know is that following a complete reset the watch works well with the
original minimal battery drain per day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! Since updating my battery life is not even lasting 8 hrs. It used to last 3-4 days. I do not use always on and have not made any changes since updating. Please help.

Best Answer

I did the full reset and that worked for about 2-3 days. Now the watch is back to dying within the day even with a full battery. It's so unreliable. 

Best Answer

@atomicgirlwonde wrote:

Define complete reset? 

A "factory reset". On the Sense go to "Settings", "About Sense" and "Factory reset".

It seems to fix the battery drain issue, at least temporarily. So far I haven't seen anyone report that a factory reset doesn't fix the problem, but one user reported that the issue came back 2-3 days later. I did a factory reset around a week ago and my battery has been normal since. Some users have reported that turning off Bluetooth will keep the battery from draining until they turn it back on.

Worth noting that the battery issue was a common issue prior to the update coming out and might not be caused by this current firmware. I'm still on the previous firmware update (44.128.4.17) and it happened to my watch last week. It's a recent bug that's been complained about all over the forums. It looks like it *might* be related to a recent update to the Fitbit app on iOS. I haven't seen anyone mention Android and of those I've seen mention a device they've all been using iOS. It's hard to say for sure because Fitbit isn't publicly acknowledging the problem.

Best Answer

@auddye wrote:

I did the full reset and that worked for about 2-3 days. Now the watch is back to dying within the day even with a full battery. It's so unreliable. 

That's frustrating. Thank you for posting though! Since Fitbit isn't publically responding to this bug we're forced to rely on each other. You're the first person I've seen report that the issue came back after a "factory reset". Did you happen to get the new firmware update that's starting going out? Based on the number of people mentioning the battery drain issue in that thread it looks like it might be triggering the issue. It makes me wonder if the factory reset fixed the issue and then the firmware update brought it back.

Are you using your Sense with an iPhone or an iOS device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up resetting ( from the watch, swipe to settings, then down to reset)… then had to reinitialize … battery problem went away.

Best Answer

@Irac Are you running your Sense with an iPhone or other iOS device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has acknowledged the bug in the IOS app and said that their engineers are working on a solution. I don't turn off bluetooth, but I do force quit the app and have no problems with battery drain by doing that.

Best Answer

I also did the reset and it didn’t work. Mine is still under warranty so Fitbit is sending me a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are all of you syncing with iOS?

And did you try factory resetting the Sense?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes and yes

Best Answer
Both iOS and Android ( my other phone)…all sync well
Best Answer

I did the reset and quit the app, recharged my sense, and it seems to drain even faster. When is this going to get fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Arnie15 @Did your Sense update the firmware? It should be now running 44.128.4.17. My Sense updated to this over a week ago and hasn’t had an issue since. It’s possible to update the firmware from the app - go to Account, Help and Support, Check for Sense Update. 
Hopefully things improve for you and your Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes