Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. Thanks for participating in this thread, as well as sharing your feedback after updating the Fitbit app.

Before anything else, let me clarify that the battery short life issues experienced on the Sense is caused by the Fitbit app after syncing with iOS device. If you have an Android device or a different issue, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic.

As mentioned before, our team released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version which should now be available to all our users. This version should allow your Sense to hold the charge correctly under normal conditions (Note that certain features such as GPS or SpO2 tracking impact the battery life as described here). If you've not done so, go to the App store and update your Fitbit app. Please take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Your patience is truly appreciated and your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed. If by any chance you continue having issues after having this update, let me know so I can forward your posts to the proper team for further investigation.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

I've had the Sense for 4 months.  Over the last 5-6 days, the battery seems to have drained completely within a short time - ie literally overnight.  Each time, I've recharged it to 100% each time but again last night it seemed to have drained completely.  I've had no sleep readings and non-continuous other readings since then.   This is now a serious concern

Best Answer
Maybe you have installed the SpO2 Tracker.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
Best Answer

I’ve had the same issue. Contact customer support who’ll send a replacement as within warranty.

Best Answer

Same issue here.

Last couple of days my Sense battery drains within one day or even less... Last night in sleeping mode from 44% to zero in a few hours.

I haven’t changed any settings and did not install any new app. My Sense has become useless.

Please fix it!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I contacted fitbit support chat. They couldn’t help me and forwarded my case to a “special team”. They will review my case and will send me an e-mail. They can’t tell me when.

To be continued.....

Best Answer

This happened to my battery on Friday and Saturday. The battery died out of nowhere after just a few hours, where previously it would last for days at a time without needing to be charged. Then the syncing issue started. The Sense will not sync to my phone and after HOURS on the phone with customer support doing everything they recommended, we did a factory reset. The factory reset also did not work. My Sense is only 2 months old. Such a shame that such an expensive device is so defective. Disappointment for sure. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. My watch worked fine for about a year now, but about a week ago I noticed that the battery started going dead after a day or two. Now my watch can only go about 12 hours before the battery goes dead. I just did a factory reset to see if that will do anything. 

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue with my Sense purchased 30 Nov 2020. It is draining the battery in less than a day despite changing from SP02 watch face and two forced reboots. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and it started 3 days ago, I plug it in it charges to 100% and by the end of the day it is dead again. It is only a few months old and it used to hold a charge for 4-6 days.

Best Answer

Like @N8teGee, I was only getting between 2 1/2 - 3 days charge prior to uninstalling the SpO2 app. Once I did that, and changed to a simpler clock face, I'm now getting 7 days between charges. I was never really using the SpO2, so it doesn't bother me not to have it. That said, though, I'm hoping that the excessive drain will be addressed in a future update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted Support and they are sending me a replacement. My watch had all of a sudden such an incredibly loss of battery life that it made the Sense effectively unusable. If that is your case do contact them for a replacement. It is clear there is some issue with some of our Senses'  

Best Answer

The “fitbit team” has contacted me via e-mail.

I had to switch off several features to spare battery life.

“For us to further investigate the issue, please disable the features that can impact battery life as described in Can I extend my fitbit device’s battery life”

They also told me that I was using the GPS feature. But I haven’t been using that since the issue occured.

“Upon checking here, we are able to see that you are using the built-in GPS feature of the device. Please note that using this feature may affect your device battery life.”

Three days ago I update mij Fitbit Iphone app. In my opinion it’s no coincidence that the drainage started the exact same day. The fitbit team however shares no information about the cause....

Hopefully they can solve it quickly.

Best Answer

I contact support as well and they are sending me a replacement too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t been contacted by customer service yet. How long does that take?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

same issues here and they tell me to stop using GPS and other features. That’s why I bought and battery dying so quickly. Went to bed with 61% battery , up to run at 5:30 am and completely dead x

Best Answer

Same problem as everyone else. Worked fine until a couple of days ago. Now it doesn't last 7 hours. Turned off the GPS and heart monitoring on all the activities but has not made any difference. 

Working through Customer Services checks but it looks increasingly like it's an update fault and not my fitbit sense.

Hopefully they'll resolve this quickly.

Best Answer

Same here - no changes apart from updating the Fitbit app as my Sense wasn’t syncing and the battery life then tanked and now lasts less than 12 hours. Am being sent a replacement but assume until the underlying issue is resolved, will have the same problem with that.

Best Answer

Today I fully charged my Sense and disabled the Bluetooth on my iphone. Ever since the battery only dropped 9% in stead of 100%.

In my opinion the issue is caused by the iphone app. Wondering what the Fitbit team says.......

Best Answer

I charged my Sense this morning and by 7pm it was dead.  I haven't changed anything on it ever, it has always lasted for days today it didn't even last 12 hours.  I have charged it again and it has gone from 99% to 83% in 2 hours.  Something is clearly wrong with it.

Best Answer