Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

You need to read some of the comments. It’s a software fault. You need to update the app with a forced update so check through AppStore, your profile, purchases and search. It should say update not open. 
to force your sense to restart, you hold the button in for about 20 secs until the blue dots appear. Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
Should all be fixed now, mine is!
Best Answer

Yes my Sense battery is now lasting for about 3 days much better now.
Thanks 🙏 --

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

I was told today by FITBIT support via chat that the fix is not available to all users. When will the roll out be complete?  Won’t my device battery life be shortened by the need to frequently charge the device?  

frustrated Fitbit user,

OGH

Best Answer
How were you able to make your fitbit sense battery last longer?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t. My device will only hold a charge for less than a day. I am waiting for the fix to be available for my iPhone/device..

Best Answer

I turn off Bluetooth/ settings/ Fitbit ap/ turn off Bluetooth.  When I want to sync I go to settings/ Fitbit ap/ turn on Bluetooth sync go back to fitbit sync device, but make sure to go back and turn off Bluetooth, if I don’t the Fitbit ap will drain my sense. Not very convenient, Fitbit needs to correct the sense firmware update, because mine hasn’t held a charge since the hour I updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried to force an update on the app? Go into your purchased and then search and instead of saying open it will say update. Don’t go through updates. Everyone else has sorted their issues this way. 

Best Answer

Having purchased my Fitbit sense 4 weeks ago I’m now at a stage where I’m charging every 48 hours. Battery has drained 40% overnight ?

to say I’m disappointed and frustrated is an understatement 

Best Answer

Hello!

I noticed this issue several months ago. Fitbit was draining my battery like crazy, always operating in the background more than normal and killing my battery. I was relieved when that bug was fixed in an update - after whichever update it was (I wish I could provide exact dates, but sadly I can’t), I used fitbit normally, didn’t close it, and its background activity affecting battery was severely reduced.

Unfortunately the most recent update has re-introduced that battery issue. Massive amounts of battery drain in “background activity” - more than what is warranted - and I am now both a) forced to close the app after using it to try and prevent this, and b) constantly bugged by fitbit notifications to “keep my app running in the background so it can sync”. 

So the questions are - has anyone else noticed this, and to the Fitbit team - could we please get this fixed? 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I tried this but apparently my phone is too old to support the update. Now I have a Fitbit that will be of no use unless I purchase a new phone. 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone is too old the iOS version is no longer compatible with the latest Fitbit update needed to stop the battery draining problem.  

Best Answer
I really don’t know it all of a sudden started working again. I did nothing except for complain.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports about this situation. As mentioned before, a new Fitbit app version for iOS devices is already available and you can download it from the App store to improve the battery short life issues experienced with your Sense. Please take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

I want to inform you that I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have more questions about your Sense or any other features please check out our help site or create a new topic in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and we'll continue working to improve your Fitbit experience with our products, services and overall environment. 

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes