Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

Sense firmware 128.5.38

Fitbit App 3.43.1 (1057)

IoS version 14.6

all checked ok, App Force quit, phone rebooted, App restarted, watch fully charged using supplied cable.  Manual sync slow, warning message from App, Watch not in use checking battery decay time

Best Answer
On Iphone go into settings>fitbit and disable bluetooth permission. The
watch will return to previous battery life and you will still be able to
use bluetooth for other applications. And you can enable all other features
on the watch.

But you will have to enable bluetooth whenever you want to sync. Most
notifications won't happen with bluetooth disabled for the fitbit
applications. However you should still be able to disable or accept phone
calls from the watch.

Lets hope this is temporary.
Best Answer

Mine was fixed when I forced an update last week after one morning when my alarm didn’t go off! Generally that seems to sort it. 

Best Answer

I’m having same issue ever since I did update my sense battery drains from 100% to 0 in 4 hrs ridiculous a very expensive waste. When is this going to be resolved. Have had my sense since January 2021 this is serious issue for such a expensive product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mysteriously after posting on this thread my battery has been charged for three days! I didn’t do anything I’m not sure how it happened the battery was draining in four hours for over a week and then one day it just stopped.

Best Answer

Same with me, a few days after my moan!🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Belive me it worked for me, resetting the sense to the factory default did the trick and the battery is working fine.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

I appreciate your feedback and the suggestions shared to help other members. As a friendly reminder, this thread is related to the battery short life experienced on the Sense when syncing with iOS devices. If you have a different question, I'd invite you to create a new topic so you can have more chances to receive help from other Community members and moderators. Note that you can always visit our Help Site where you can find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

@Bfroggy1@Sheils1@Lizziecat and @MDealy Thanks for the details provided and for trying the suggestions shared in this thread. I'm sorry the battery is still draining on your Sense and given this situation, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can provide you with further assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to share all the steps tried so far.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I just received my new Sense last Wednesday. Sunday it was down to 7% and needed a charge. I had it charged up to 100% when I put it on last night to go to sleep, and somehow it drained all the way to 75% overnight. 

I had an issue when I took it into the pool on Thursday to track my laps where it seemed to crash and restart on me. I’m afraid of this being a permanent norm. Any help or insight is appreciated!

Best Answer

Reset it to factory settings..after the fitbit is set up again..turn off bluetooth until you have to sync again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Lizzy,

I've already tried all the steps advised by your support team several times, but the issue still persists. If I leave Bluetooth on and the Fitbit app open on my iphone, the battery is down to 0% in no time and that's really not ok.

Please keep us updated on a fix asap.

Thanks!

Best Answer
what??? i did not know that! Says compatible with iPhone and Android...!!!
Fibit should return our money back!
If i knew that, i would buy Apple watch, it was jus more 100 dollars or so
more than the fitbit....
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is. What they mean is this issue is only with iOS not android and this thread is just for iOS issues. If you have an issue with android then you need to load a different thread. 

Best Answer

I have an android and mine has been doing the same thing and of course support continuously says to shut everything off. Why would I have purchased this to not be able to use the features?

Best Answer

Hi,

I found that my changing the clock face I bought recently fixed the battery draining issue for my Fitbit sense. I use iPhone. The clock face that I bought was Long Shadow by Lignite. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I have a Sense, My battery got worse drained in minutes, my watch display started scrolling by itself, I was able to reboot at the time but now the fitbit has a temperature symbol, with a triangle behind it on my display, and the button doesn't work. I did call but no one mentioned this issue can cause the battery issue and possibly this display issue.  I was told to send it back, and Thank goodness I still have a warranty, but I have to send it back and wait 2 weeks for new one...  sadly and frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

It’s been a few weeks now since I updated the Fitbit app and the Sense firmware. I am finding that a full charge now only lasts three to four days as opposed to the five days that I used to get before the battery draining issue occurred. It would be nice to think that another app update and/or a firmware update will be offered shortly to address the issue totally and we can get back to the originally advertised specifications.

Best Answer
I still find myself checking the battery % a few times a day - it's annoying - but I really don't trust it anymore.  Very disappointed in Fitbit mgmt too as this doesn't seem to phase them.  It's been more than an inconvenience.  I've been a Fitbit user for a long time but at this point, Apple's looking better and better.
Best Answer

I finally solved the battery drain issue by going to Fitbit in the settings menu & turning Bluetooth off after using the app. No loss of additional functionality. Subsequent sync attempt will offer to fix it & take you to Fitbit settings menu where Bluetooth can be turned on. I wonder if the Fitbit program has a corrupt Bluetooth connect/disconnect command line?

Best Answer

How did you do a complete reset on your sense? Why is the battery draining so quickly? I just got the sense on my bday June 29th, & I charged it once,& the battery drained in one day.

Best Answer
0 Votes