Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

Same with me, it is an IOS issue, i was told by Fitbit. Nothing can be done until they resolve the issue, IM NOT HAPPY.

Best Answer
Thanks for letting me know, i will call again and hopefully i will get a positive answer!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know, i will call again and hopefully this time i will be getting a positive answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

I’ll try this!
Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit,

I’ve been continuously mailing with the fitbit team for almost a week now. Still no solution for my draining problem 😥.

I’m convinced the problem is the Fitbit app on my iphone and not my Fitbit Sense it self. As soon as I turn off Bluetooth on my iphone the battery drain stops. The issue started when I updated the Fitbit app.

The Fitbit team won’t (can’t?) inform me about the cause. They only tell my what steps to follow in order to investigate the matter. Untill now unfortunately unable to fix the issue.

Greetings,

Roel

Best Answer

Interestingly, I have tried testing your theory and I think you are right.  At 10:30 this morning I was at 100% by 11:30 I was at 95%.  I have turned off the Bluetooth on my Iphone and in the last hour I have only lost 1% of my battery.  Last night I had 100% battery at 19:00, in the middle of the night my battery died.  Something is clearly wrong.  I haven't changed any settings on it since I received it at Christmas and I used to get at least 5 days out of it, yesterday I charged it 3 times to get through the day.

Best Answer

I have logged a call, their response was to send me to the article about what causes battery drain.  I'm not doing any of those things and when I lost 5% in an hour I was sat watching TV. 

I have done what Roel_kokonut  suggested and turned off my Bluetooth and in the last 2 hours have only gone down 1% while I have been out working in the garden.  

Customer support is sending me a label to return my Sense for a new one.  Not sure that will correct the issue.

Best Answer

I have had nothing but problems with my sense. Firstly it wouldn’t sync intermittently, then it stopped syncing altogether. Finally got it resolved, now the battery drains overnight in 8 hours and nothing has changed on my watch to make this happen. Fitbit take days to answer emails which isn’t good enough. It’s 8 months old no doubt they’re waiting to the warranty expires!!! Crap watch don’t buy. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem but now on my case my battery drains within 4hours of fully battery charge! I haven’t changed any settings since I bought it in January. It’s frustrating 

Best Answer

This issues has started for me too in the last 24hours

i wonder if it’s an update issue

Best Answer

My sense is 3 months old and all of the above has happened.  I’ve always loved my Fitbit’s.  The sense seems to have problems.  I did a chat with customer service and they are sending out a new one.   Currently my sense drains in 4-6 hours 🥺

Best Answer

Update: I sucked it up and did a factory reset. I held off on this, thinking it'd be a huge inconvenience, but it wasn't. Since I've done the factory reset, things seem to be working all as before. The Fitbit team did reach out to me to replace my device, but since I did the factory reset and things seem ok, I asked they keep the ticket open just to make sure it sticks, but I'm ok as of now. I still think there was a factory/coding issue associated with these troubles, but it seems the factory reset fixed the problem. 

Best Answer

I wonder the same thing and it has been an issue all weekend. In the past, my sense's battery life has been 7 days..

Best Answer

Effectively its a fault with the IOS Fitbit App.

The workaround for now is to turn Bluetooth off on the phone and to charge and restart the watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Did you also remove the Fitbit app on your phone?

Best Answer

I have Android and am seeing the same issue, but restarting the watch seems to fix it for a while. 

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer
Reset fitbit and seems better

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same problem of battery draining started for me about 5 days ago when for the last 5 months I have had a weeks worth of battery. I have also tested through turning off bluetooth - fully charged fitbit and then switched off bluetooth for a few hours, went for a GPS tracked run during that time and only lost 12%. Switched bluetooth back on and within next couple hours it was down to 37%. Definitely all happened since the app update last week, so assume that there are some syncing issues with the app that is draining the battery.

Best Answer

Got my Sense in March. It has regularly lasted 5 days. Suddenly on Saturday it went from 100 to dead in less than 8 hours. Followed all the tips to manage batter life and it died again yesterday in less than 8 using no apps, all battery life extending settings. Fitbit, what gives? You could be honest and let us know of buggy updates. Is it faulty batteries? This is a major issue. We can’t all be doing the wrong things all of a sudden. 

Best Answer

Same here wouldn’t sync on weekend restarted, re-set, deleted app started again eventually synced last night after update was on 77% when I went to bed was flat this morning!! Usually it last 5 days

contacted Fitbit who were no help!!!

Best Answer