Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense microphone stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The microphone on my Fitbit Sense has stopped working, it worked a week or so after purchase but it wont register anything anymore. I have tried resetting both my watch and phone but nothing seems to work anymore. Is this a hardware issue or do i have a faulty product?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hi @Eribo have you looked under the settings (on watch) is the mic still turned on? 

The phone should have nothing to do with it. Unless there is a communication error and you would have mentioned this. 

Best Answer

Yep, its still turned on in the settings. I have tried turning it on and off a few times but that didnt resolve the issue.

Its as if the mic just cant register any sound, while it worked perfectly before

Best Answer
0 Votes

A restart or a shutdown did not work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, tried that multiple times but to no success

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact thing happened to me. It happened right as I got the new update, so now I can’t even use the new features. I’ve tried every conceivable remedy to no avail. I even tried contacting support, and the person said they’d create a ticket, elevate it to their superiors and email me with the conclusion.... still waiting on that email.... very aggravating as I’ve only had the sense for around a month and nothing physical has happened to it, I.e. dropping, water, etc.

hoping to get an answer on a fix soon

Best Answer

Hi @Eribo and @pinano_man. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Rich_Laue, thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@Eribo, thanks for the information provided and for the time taken to troubleshoot your watch. I'm sorry that the microphone isn't working, even though this function is turned on in the settings. Because this shouldn't be happening, I've requested a case to our Support team so they can further investigate and help you with this matter. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

@pinano_man, thanks for joining this thread and for your efforts in contacting our team. I understand how yo're feeling about this situation which isn't allowing you to use the new features. Because you already have a case created, I forwarded your post to our team so they can look into this and get in touch with you. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I didn't even notice it quit working.  My wife called me and I answered on my watch.  She kept saying she couldn't hear me.  Pretty wild because it was working a few days ago when I answered a call from my brother.  I then tried using assistant and voice reply to text messages and nothing works.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.

Best Answer

Also, new development although I’m not sure if it’s related (but I would assume it is since all of my issues have arisen from the new firmware), my battery fully drains in about 1/3 of a day now when it used to last 3 or 4. It will be on my wrist, screen off, doing nothing, and it will die in 8 hours easily

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you checked the settings on the watch to see if the speaker is turned on? 

Best Answer

Yeah, several times

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery also seems to drain much quicker since last firmware update, 

Best Answer

This is because of the SpO2 not depended on the watch face. If you did not use the SpO2 watch face before. I suggest removing the SpO2 app from your tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's great to see you around and welcome to our new members. @Rich_Laue, thanks for your continued assistance.

@DNC247 and @pinano_man, thanks for letting me know about your Sense and the issues that you've had with it. In regards to the microphone not working correctly, I've contacted our Support team and I was told that you'll receive a response as soon as they finish their investigation. Please keep an open communication with them so you can receive further assistance.

@MarcusMayo, thanks for joining this thread and reporting that your watch is having the same behavior. Just to confirm, is the microphone turned on under the Settings app? If that's correct, I'd recommend to restart your Sense a restart to refresh its performance. Look forward to your comments.

By the way, if you're having other issues with your Sense, I'd recommend to open a new thread and provide as many details as you can so you can receive help from the Community, and to keep the forums organized.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a resolution to this problem. I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions with no luck. 

The n=microphone just stopped working a week or so after I got it. Google Assistant worked great, but now with no microphone it's rendered useless.

Please advise on a recommended solution.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Unfortunately I’ve had that app uninstalled. I never installed it to begin with

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Un-Fit without knowing what troubleshooting has been tried. 

• Is the mic turned on? 
  • Have you tried a restart? 
  • Actually better to do a shutdown. 
  • Do you get any errors? 
  • Do you see any circles or squiggly lines when wanting to speak to Alexa? 
Best Answer
Yes, the mic is on. All settings are correct. I've tried all the obvious
remedies. I've even opened a support ticket with Fitbit.
I wouldn't have posted if I didn't try all of the troubleshooting options.

My Google Assistant is operating fine. The microphone is the problem.

I feel that these forums provide no assistance to users. It's just an
endless rabbit hole of questions.

Thanks
Best Answer

Agreed. I’ve done all the things I could do on my own which is why I’m here, but I haven’t received any answers or potential solutions anywhere.

It’s doubly aggravating that it appears the firmware update caused my issues, but Fitbit has been very slow to help or offer any solutions

Best Answer