Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense microphone stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The microphone on my Fitbit Sense has stopped working, it worked a week or so after purchase but it wont register anything anymore. I have tried resetting both my watch and phone but nothing seems to work anymore. Is this a hardware issue or do i have a faulty product?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

My microphone has also quit working. Contacted customer support. Had me do a factory reset. Still not working. Can’t do anything but offer me 35% discount as I am out of warranty . I got it October 14 2020. Second time I. A row that a Fitbit quit working just after the warranty expired. I got smart this time. I got the extended warranty from the store. Fingers crossed they will pull through.

Whether they replace it or not, I am done with Fitbit. If they can’t make a product to last longer than a year, something is wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you get a Sense or the Versa?
Best Answer
0 Votes

In 2019 got the versa lite. It started random rebooting after an update mid 2020. Replaced it with the sense October 14,2020 and now this one is malfunctioning after having it 14 months. Two months after warranty. I’m not happy at all. I spent 500.00 on a watch that only lasted a year. 

update…I used a needle and cleaned out the microphone hole on the side of my sense. It works again. Figure that would be something they would suggest.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I also happen to be affected. This sucks. It's as if the mic is broken, the speaker isn't. Can pair and unpaired and repair 8 different ways to Sunday and NOTHING. I'm super upset because my fitbit sense came highly recommended in comparison to Apple products

Best Answer

Add me to the list that's affected. This is obviously a widespread problem and it's BS that Fitbit just ignores it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sharewarebear a brush, compressed air, toothpick or cleaning putty is recommended. The user has to be carefull with needle to keep from causing more damage. 

I'm not sure how widespread that it is, I only know 3 with a versa 3 and their mics work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The mic wasn't working, so if using a pin or needle caused damage, It's already broke. nothing lost. 

That said, I was careful and not to dig. Just put the tip of the needle to loosen the dirt.

Best Answer
0 Votes