Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ugh where do I start! I just switched from my Versa 2 to the Sense yesterday. My Versa has not been recording sleep for weeks even after doing factory reset and all other options. I decided to purchase the Sense and it was delivered yesterday! I was so excited to use it overnight and see my sleep recorded! Well there’s nothing! So now I’m a little ticked off because I just paid over $200 for something that doesn’t do what it’s supposed to. How do I get this work cuz otherwise i will be returning the Sense?

*Using iPhone 13 max pro 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Do you have premium with the sense ? 

Best Answer

Yes I do 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Then you should be getting sleep tracking have you set your bed time ie as say 11.30 bed and 6.30 awake it should track your sleep between the times you've put in though to be honest mine has me sleeping from midnight until 11am which is rubbish

C Hutton
Best Answer

No I don’t have times set as I go to to sleep at various times. Which is why I rely on the watch tracking it automatically. I’ll give it a few days if it doesn’t work I’ll be returning the watch. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit community.

@Ewelina91 So in the Fitbit app, under sleep, it's still telling you to "Wear it while sleeping"? Do you manually use the "Sleep Mode" that turns off notifications and automatic screen wake? I've been told it doesn't help with detecting sleep start, but I do use that option as my sleep and wake times vary depending on if I'm working or not and I have yet to miss a sleep track since using the Sense for over a month now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use the 1 in the app where you set your bedtime and wake up time I've been using it for over a year now but it does sometimes give me silly sleep periods like when I'm awake at 8am it says I was sleeping until 10.45 don't know why

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea it says to wear to sleep. Under health metrics I only have the rest in heart rate based off previous readings from my Versa 2. I don’t use the sleep mode. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ewelina91 I would give Sleep Mode a try and see if there's any difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh I've breathing rate skin temperature heart rate variable resting heart and spo2 oxygen on mine

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Ewelina91. Thanks for your insights and suggestions, @Tracy7873 and @eezeepee.

Before anything else, let me explain that the Sleep Mode setting will prevent your watch from receiving notifications or turning on when moving your arm towards you. Because this setting can be used at any time of the day, it shouldn't affect how the rest of your data is recorded. To know more about the settings included in your watch, check this help article.

@Ewelina91 Thanks for the details provided, and your efforts while working on this matter. I understand how you're feeling about not getting your sleep data recorded and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. As you know, your Sense should automatically track your sleep as long as you've been inactive for at least 1 hour (3 hours to get sleep stages). Because this isn't your case, I'd suggest restarting your watch to refresh its performance and wearing it about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone to sleep. Once you're awake, sync with the Fitbit app to check your details and let me know how it goes.

@Tracy7873 Just to confirm, do you start your activities as soon as you wake up? Your Sense should start recording your sleep data as soon as it detects that you're completely at rest and you haven't moved for about an hour. However, if you wake up but stay in bed without doing too much activity such as watching TV, your watch might think you're still asleep. Assuming this is correct, you can try syncing your watch once you're awake to interrupt the sleep tracking and sleep your data on the Fitbit app.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Yea its very annoying. Last night was the second night and still didn’t
record any sleep. I’ve reset it already and that didn’t help. I’ve switched
the watch to my other wrist today but i don’t feel like that will help.
Just wondering is there a red light on the watch when sleep is being
recorded? Because I only see the green lights.
Best Answer
0 Votes
HI again looks like I was wrong my data didn't go through to metrics as I thought it had so looks like I've still same problem my data won't transfer from my fitbit to my health metrics on my phone fitbit app still

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem only with my spo2 my watch tracks everything but for the last 4 nights hasn't tracked it its the green light that tracks it the red light is your heart rate as far as I know I contacted support who informed me they would fix it just bare with them why should I when I pay £7.99 a month for this they told me to use a different spo2 watch face at night tried that didn't work hopefully they fix it ASAP

C Hutton
Best Answer

I've been wearing fitbit devices for many years (this is my fourth fitbit) and I have never had trouble with the sleep tracking before getting the Sense.  It seems to work for awhile then just stops tracking sleep - like the past three nights.  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the tracking failure.  I wear it in the appropriate place, clean it regularly, have the same band, sync in the morning (although there is often no data in the Sense to sync).  A couple of years ago my daughter got me an apple watch that I wore for a few months.  Mainly because of Fitbit's integrated sleep tracking, I returned it and bought the Sense, which I've had for more than a year.  The Sense is just not a reliable sleep tracker and I'm really disappointed.  

Best Answer

@Ewelina91 I believe the red LED is for the SpO2 tracking. 

Best Answer
I had the versa 2 and it just stopped working after 3 months fitbit replaced it but with a refurbished one which I thought was unfair as it was under guarantee it went the same way after 2 weeks so I took the sense for half price instead of another refurbished versa the sense I love all was going great with it until last week I've only had it 2 months and it stopped transferring my night time data to the health metrics doesn't matter what I do still doesn't fitbit support have told me to bear with it for another few nights which I don't see why I should as I pay £7.99 month for this service 😡

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh ok. Idk why i thought it was associated with sleep. Well anyways I saw it last night a couple times and it did nothing. No sleep tracking. The only metric I have in the health metrics is my resting heart rate. Everything else is blank. When I get a chance I’ll be contacting support again to see what they tell me. Otherwise I’ll be returning the sense and going back to my Versa 2 even though it doesn’t track my sleep anymore either ;(

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know I’ve went through a couple Fitbit devices. I still have my Blaze and Versa. I probably should look back at my Blaze, don’t even remember the reason to why I switched to the Versa. It seems like the newer the watch the worse they get. Really wish this wasn’t the case.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you pay for premium you need that for the metrics to work

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes