Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ugh where do I start! I just switched from my Versa 2 to the Sense yesterday. My Versa has not been recording sleep for weeks even after doing factory reset and all other options. I decided to purchase the Sense and it was delivered yesterday! I was so excited to use it overnight and see my sleep recorded! Well there’s nothing! So now I’m a little ticked off because I just paid over $200 for something that doesn’t do what it’s supposed to. How do I get this work cuz otherwise i will be returning the Sense?

*Using iPhone 13 max pro 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46
I agree i like my sense very much just don't like the bother it gives me hopefully fitbit sort it asap

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

yea I pay for premium.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switch my phone off when I am ready to go to sleep and switch it back on again when I wake up. It records my sleep accurately. It didn't before. It was entirely wrong! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me also my problem I had with tracking my sleep and spo2 have been fixed overnight some how not sure how but long may it last

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also switch my phone of at bedtime the problem I was having with my data and tracking seems to be fixed this morning all my metrics where there transfered from my watch don't know if forcing the app to close had anything to do with it (advisor told me to force close fitbit app) hopefully it keep working

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe it works but I don’t think that’s the way it should be. The watch should work without me having to do anything with my phone otherwise it’s just useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
:hundred_points: % agreed though fitbit support wouldn't agree I've tried often enough

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, it's good to see you around the forums.

Before anything else, let me clarify that it's Premium isn't required to receive sleep patterns and sleep stages, unless you want a detailed information about this data or other features. To learn more about Premium and its benefits, I'd recommend this help article.

Additionally, let me explain that the red light is the SpO2 sensor which activates whenever you're sleeping to track this data. On the other hand, the green light is the heart rate sensor.

@Ewelina91 and @Mickey59 Thanks for keeping me posted and every step tried on your own. I'm sorry your Sense is still not tracking your sleep data correctly and because the possible steps were exhausted, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can further investigate and see what can be done to bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

@Tracy7873 Thanks for the details and your efforts. Because you're having issues with the Health Metrics data, I'd encourage you to start a new topic or find a related topic to receive help from the Community. That way, we can keep the forums organized and on-topic.

@eezeepee and @CandyChris Thanks for sharing your insights and suggestions.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was only replying to this post as I was getting questions sent to me I was just giving my thoughts on it

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Tracy7873.

Thanks for getting back. I understand where you're coming from and appreciate the time you took in sharing your thoughts about this situation. Please note that when replying back, you'll be subscribed to that thread in order to receive responses from anyone that joins the conversation. In case you'd no longer like to follow a thread or post, you can delete your subscriptions by following these steps:

1. Navigate to your Community Settings, and click Subscriptions & Notifications
  2. Click My Subscriptions to view a list of posts, threads, and boards that you are subscribed to. 
  3. To delete a subscription, check-mark the box next to each respective subscription. Then, click "Email Subscription Options" to the top right, then Delete Selected Subscriptions.

I hope to see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello

i had the same problem the other night i woke in the morning synced as usual and under sleep in the app it said wear your fitbit to bed 

ive never had this before i restarted my sense i also checked if the fitbit app needed updating ....which it did so updated and following morning had usual sleep score and stats back

so see if your fitbit app needs updating and update then restart sense sync and hopefully your sleep tracking will work

Best Answer

Hi there, @Newtripley.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense, and sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad your watch is now recording your sleep details correctly. Your post is very helpful and I'm sure other members experiencing similar issues will think the same. I hope you can keep crushing your goals!

Have a good one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit , I am having these same problems with my Sense.  I have my "bedtime" times set and went to sleep during those times last night and my Sense did not detect any sleep at all.  My battery is almost full and I am wearing the watch on my non-dominant hand.  I just swapped from the Luxe to the Sense because the Luxe was not tracking my sleep either.  Is there any remedy for this?

Best Answer
Only thing I would say is are you sleeping for 3 hours undisturbed you must sleep for at least 3 hours to record your sleep

C Hutton
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Huatine@Tracy7873 Thanks for stopping by to help our new member.

@Huatine Thanks for the details provided, and your efforts while working on this situation. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense and because the same happened with your Luxe, may I know if you slept for more than 1 hour to receive sleep patterns (3 hours to get sleep stages)? Were you wearing your Sense snug on your wrist? Also, is your watch tracking your heart rate data correctly?

If you haven't done so, please restart your watch to refresh its performance, wear it about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone and make sure to sync as soon as you're awake to check your details.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for a week and it didn't log my sleep on 2 different days.   I also find that its counting steps while I sleep. Last night I had 98 steps. Im thinking of returning mine.

Best Answer

I've been using my Sense since December 29, 2021 and haven't missed a single sleep tracking. 🤔

Best Answer

Hi!  I definitely slept more than 3 hours.  Since posting my watch has started tracking my sleep, but not 100% correctly, one night it said I was asleep from midnight until 3 am, when I was actually asleep around 9pm until 7am.  I will try restarting my watch to see if that helps.

Best Answer
Mine does that sometimes it would say I was asleep from 10pm until 11am which I'm definitely not I have my sleep set from 11.30pm until 6.30am on my app

C Hutton
Best Answer

Last night it gave me 2 readings. I went to bed about 1am and it read from 139am to 316am then started a new reading at 520am to 956am (yes I slept late today lol). 

Best Answer
0 Votes