Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen got cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cracked my screen after three weeks. Fitbit won't replace it or make recommendations on where to repair it. I'm so mad. This will be my last device from Fitbit.

Anybody feel me on this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

Exactly id pay for new crystal not an option ! So back to cheaper version works great have had each one 3 plus years no problems

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly same here

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a new watch cause everytime something popped up on my fb page i would
say it was a terrible product.
Best Answer

Hi Kashipp, my screen also just broke, Ive only had it a month. My credit card does have insurance, I was wondering how you stated it to your credit card company to receive the refund, any tips would be great!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to call a bunch of places until I found one that can do it. Most
places won't touch a fit bit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I paid cash but every time something popped up in my fb page I complained
so fit contacted me i sent pictures of it to them and they finally sent me
a new one.
Best Answer

I completely agree. Had same thing happen. I have been with fitbit over 10 years and never needed an "extended warranty" that you pay for, then pay for again when you actually want to use the warranty.

I am happy to pay for a repair- but this is not an option.

However, my biggest concern is that not only is fixing devices not an option, but then push to buy another with no recourse on the amount of electronic waste being creates. The amounts of waste is really what bothers me, the answers I got were "oh well" toss it and buy a new one, that's your only option because there is "no physical" store.

How many people actually abide by the electronic waste rules (at least for the US).

So very sad and DISAPPOINTING.

Best Answer

I have had my Sense less than a week and it cracked when I dropped in the bathroom floor. I am devastated. It wasn't even a hard impact.

Best Answer

Hi @lilypotts check with your credit card company as they often have your item covered when an accident happens. Can't hurt to ask them.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Costco took it back and gave refund. I love that company.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rinnsenpai Sorry bit belated reply and hopefully you have sorted it out by now. In cased you have not then 1st place to start is card issuing institute/bank or directly contacted credit card customer service in your country. They pretty helpful.

Best Answer

@JmcdpI'm 100% in agreement with you. Not only environment needs protection but consumers deserve much better after sale service with availability of parts up to 4-5 years after the warranty has expired.  Unfortunately we're living or made to live in a through away society without any concern for the environment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely feel you! My screen cracked after a week of using it from normal wear. I didn't hit or anything of the sort. It seems that there is a manufacturing defect. Why are screens cracking so easily? I had a Versa for 1.5 years before the screen went white but the glass itself was still fine. I wish Fitbit would take a look at this rather than saying its our fault they broke. It seems obvious there is a problem here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I buy the protection plan on every device I get, it is so worth it in these cases!!  I also buy 9M glass screen protectors w/side bumper, full face & side protection from Amazon & keep spares at all times.  Too late now but going forward you wouldn't need to be out that money!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
The extended warranty plan is only available in the US and anyway it does seem ridiculous that you have to pay for an extended warranty plan to cover what is very obvoisly a known defect (read the thousands of reports of broken screen) in the current FitBit Sense
Wouldn’t it be more appropriate for FitBit to listen to it’s consumers complaints & resolve this problem with a screen that us fit for purpose & replace all the watches they have alreeady sold with this known defect

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi

I have seen this so many times, the screens are hard to get hold of and then finding someone to repair it is even harder. I'm fortunately able to do the repairs as it's the business I do have done for over 30yrs now fitting screens on devices.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took me 4 incredibly unhelpful calls to Customer Service before I finally managed to google the answer that the Extended warranty is only available in the US.  Even though I was getting pester to buy the extended warranty on the dashboard, and the app, and emails.  Still could not purchase it, and CS didn't know why not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where can you even purchase replacement screens?  I am reasonably able to follow instructions and I feel confident in replacing the screen myself (can't find a local person to repair).

Thanks!

Best Answer
Hi

There's some on eBay where I found them there the same screen as the Versa 3.

I'm happy to fit them.

Billy

Sent from Samsung Mobile S10+
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit sense accidentally dropped from my bed level onto a wooden floor and got a bad crack. I didn't expect that. The quality of the screen is pathetic. I don't know what to do. I have had this device for just a week

Best Answer