Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen got cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cracked my screen after three weeks. Fitbit won't replace it or make recommendations on where to repair it. I'm so mad. This will be my last device from Fitbit.

Anybody feel me on this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

@Odyssey13 I did let them know but they keep requesting more so trying to get an idea of what others have used. Forgot to tag, though! Thanks for the reminder!

Best Answer

@kashipp Hi! I'm trying to file a purchase protection claim through Chase, as well. They keep asking for this 

• Repair Estimate/ Non- repairable. Item must be physically examined at and authorized repair facility or come from the manufacturer.

I'm wondering, what did you use to satisfy this request? I have submitted emails with Fitbit indicating that there are no repair centers but I think they're wanting the watch to be physically inspected. Help?

Best Answer

I submitted the emails/ chat log from Fitbit saying there was no locations, along with pictures of the broken screen.

I have heard rumors that chase is going to stop covering these under purchase protection because they are getting so many claims, but I haven’t looked into anything about that. 

I went Apple Watch- love it. Good luck hope this helps!

Best Answer

@kashipp thanks! That's what I submitted so maybe they aren't going to cover it. I'll try to call. 🤷‍:female_sign: So frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine thru fitbit. Sent a picture of screen to them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Careyes when did that happen? I was just told it's not under warranty and they offered me a coupon towards a new one. I did drop it but I had the original versa for years and it went through many small accidents without issue... I think I'd be less frustrated if there was a repair option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine fell putting it on!  I literally just got it. The screen is shattered.  

The new strap is so fiddley.  I went from a Versa2 to Sense, Versa2 never had a scratch. 

I raised a ticket with support but reading this I don't have much hope.  I really hope I did not just waste my money.  If so this is the last fitbit product I will ever get.  I'm absolutely gutted. I was SITTING at my desk so it fell about 2 feet.  I was trying to get the strap to fasten and it fell.  😞

Best Answer
That's so frustrating! The sense seems much more fragile than the versa.
Did you purchase your sense with a credit card? I did have luck filing a
purchase protection claim through my credit card and used the money to
replace the broken one. It might be worth a shot. I also bought the
protection plan this time around and I now use a silicone protective cover,
just in case.
Best Answer
Hi, Fitbit did replace my device in the end and have had no trouble with it since but a lot more careful when doing work around the house. Cheers Nigel

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Isn't sense suppose to have a Gorilla glass which should be strong enough to withstand small accidents/drops/bumps. Hopefully Fitbit comes to the rescue for your sense and to keep the loyal users around much more longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally just bought the Samsung 4 Watch and it's the best decision I've ever made. Fitbit lost a lifelong customer to save a couple bucks. I tried and tried but they wouldn't help. Don't they understand that I wouldn't have ever tried another product and now I'll never buy another Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit did the exact same thing to me, it was less than 6 months old and I noticed a nick near the bezel. I reached out to them and they claimed no faulty workmanship, I decided to fill the chip with crazy glue hoping the chip wouldn't spread... no such luck, now the entire screen is a mess of spiderweb cracks and it looks like crap.

I have found on line that it will cost roughly $200.00 plus tax and shipping to replace the screen with is brutal, that's the cost of half of it new, what a joke.

no more FitBits for me either or anyone in my family.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the issue is that there isn’t a designated place to get the device repaired and there isn’t a solution available for cracked screens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You may be right, but the insult came from FitBit, when they told me the
would offer me 10% discount on new fitbit... that doesn't even cover the
taxes where I am, and the unit wasn't even 6 months old.

Pretty much soured me on fitbit anymore
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! Mind broke as well. 

Best Answer

I agree wholeheartedly. I just wish there was a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish that the marketing for the sense would have been more transparent to showcase the fragility 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gorilla Glass 3 is 2013 technology. Pretty much all versions have the same scratch resistance. Crack resistance is the only thing to improve but it's not crack proof even to this day because glass is glass and it can and will break in a drop especially if you don't have a protective case. Even the Apple Watch with is sapphire crystal face breaks. It might take a few more drops but it breaks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been replacing Fitbit damaged screens for just over two years now, several happy customers. I got fed-up with people getting ripped off by Fitbit, once you've paid that's all there worried about, don't care after that. Happy to help ones on here, Sence screens £120 fitted and including returned postage.

Hope this may help some, I've being repairing screens on phones, tablets and laptops since I started doing computers nearly 30yrs ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes