Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen got cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cracked my screen after three weeks. Fitbit won't replace it or make recommendations on where to repair it. I'm so mad. This will be my last device from Fitbit.

Anybody feel me on this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

@Kakuu  check with your credit card or Paypal company about their insurance. Sometimes these have coverage we're not aware of and they will help you. Fitbit's warranty doesn't cover accidents. click to read warranty

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Its so sad. People's screens are cracking and literally falling off and they won't do anything about it. Mine cracked from just wearing it after a week. I had my versa for 1 1/2 years and that screen didn't crack. There has to be something wrong with these Sense watches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The more posts I read about how peoples screens are cracking the madder I get about it. I am switching to apple. The sad part is that I have been an Android user for 10 years and this is my second fitbit. I would have stayed with Fitbit for years but now I will never go back. It's such a shame. 

Best Answer

I’m with you. I love my fitbit and have had several Fitbits over the years, always upgrading. I am coming to terms, however,  with the fact that I’m going to buy an Apple Watch every time I look at my Fitbit and see this huge crack. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For discussion purchases no company covers for accidental breakage. Quality of the product, screen in this case, is for sure is a debatable. I understand the frustration and anger because these devices are not cheap. Screen suppose to be Corning Gorilla Glass 3 (which has the ability to resist every day wear & tare including scratches and to some extent even breakage. But comments made here seems to contradict the qualities and also deploying any extra protectors void warranty. So I suggest Fitbit knows the quality of its products and should include screen protector for extra bit of screen protection as the std hits and bumps which are normal during exercises at the gym and even outside.

My strap, 2-3 time, came of during exercise but one time, luckily, sense fell on the soft ground and yes it get bit of ugly scuffs on it which makes me wonder if screen is really Corning Gorilla Glass 3!

I'm one of those guys who really look after their goods very well  & this scuff is really annoying the hell out of me.

Best Answer

@demoncaster83did you manage to get it repaired or find the screen. I can see lot for samsung & apple but nothing for fitbit devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a new one from fitbit
Best Answer

Any chance you can have a watch smith or jeweler buff it out?

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clove6060hm, never thought of it before. But really these screens should be able to handle general rubbing & scuffing with the walls/doors including soft falls. These watches are sold to be used in gyms and outdoors so it is not too much to ask. These devices are not cheap by any means so some robustness should be built into them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree 100%
I live in fear daily that I will damage the glass.

I even use a TPU cover. While it protects the glass, moisture/sweat gets trapped between the cover and glass. I have to remove and clean the cover and glass all the time. It’s a pain. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning
Electronic partners have just quoted £95 if that helps

Kind regards
Sue
Best Answer
0 Votes
No mine was like a spider web crack.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It would still only be a new screen I would try if you want to pay £95
Sue
Best Answer

Nope, never found where to get the screen replaced, and have honestly given up.  Replacing the screen won't fix the underlying problems of a terriblely designed product (WAY more issues than just the screen), and a Company that doesn't care.

So I am saving up to get a Garmin, hopefully they go on sale for Black Friday.

Best Answer

Yes @Converse is right. It does varies from country to country & retailers to retailer as well. May be others sellers has more faith in Fitbit devices than Fitbit itself. Actually Google NOW.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think everyone has lost faith in the quality of FitBit products. I actually gave up on Sense and bought a FitBit Versa3, it lasted just under 6 months and then just died.
Although I had charged it only a couple of days before, I thought it has just run out of charge so I attached the charger, the FitBit Today logo appeared but it did not then
continue to turn on and show today stats. I left it on charge overnight and in the morning a blank screen. I disconnected the charger & reconnected and nothing just
blank screen. Searched the forum and yep, it’s another common problem. Fortunately the shop I bought it from gave a 6 month guarantee, so I contacted them immediately,
sent it to them and they sent me a replacement and although this replacement is not new, you can see it has been used, it does work. So fingers crossed this one lasts
more than 6 months.

I don’t know if it was the original FitBit that began to cut the quality of their components to perhaps save money & improve their bottom line and thus increase sale price to Google
or whether Google did same after purchase, but the quality has deteriorated drastically. I’ve been a fit bit owner for about 6 years but when this used replacement I was
sent dies my next purchase will be a Garmen or a XiaoMi as I have friends who own both and are very happy with them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm trying to file a purchase protection claim through Chase, as well. They keep asking for this 

• Repair Estimate/ Non- repairable. Item must be physically examined at and authorized repair facility or come from the manufacturer.

I'm wondering, what did you use to satisfy this request? I have submitted emails with Fitbit indicating that there are no repair centers but I think they're wanting the watch to be physically inspected. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
So very sorry, my sence was never under warranty with anyone.
Good luck

Sue
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm trying to file a purchase protection claim through Chase, as well. They keep asking for this:

Repair Estimate/ Non- repairable. Item must be physically examined at and authorized repair facility or come from the manufacturer.

I'm wondering, what did you use to satisfy this request? I have submitted emails with Fitbit indicating that there are no repair centers but I think they're wanting the watch to be physically inspected. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jwhite36  when responding to a particular member's post, it is less confusing if you tag them, as I did you. Unless a person knows you are addressing them, everyone else thinks you're asking them the question. You might want to get back in touch with Chase as they are the ones telling you their guidelines. Just tell them that there are no repair centers for Fitbit and see what Chase says.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer