Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen got cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cracked my screen after three weeks. Fitbit won't replace it or make recommendations on where to repair it. I'm so mad. This will be my last device from Fitbit.

Anybody feel me on this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

I scraped my bumper on a curb, took it to Ford wanting a new car. They said I can finance or purchase another one, or I can pay to have my bumper fixed. Car was one week old🙄

Best Answer

My point is I guess they don't even offer an option or  place to pay to send it in to get it fixed.  

Best Answer

Did you ask if they could fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did there is no place to bring it, and they do not offer repair of a cracked screen.  If they did I would be willing to pay to get it fixed.

Best Answer

Wow ok, it's more clear now..No way to fix it and they can't, maybe I should sell mine..wow

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you crack or damage an Apple Watch guess what; Apple can repair it in most instances for a fee of course but that pails in comparison to buying a whole new watch from Apple. Yet, Fitbit can’t say the same even through a third party vendor they are contracted with for a repair. Totally makes sense right? Maybe there’s a quality issue if this happens so frequently with the slightest bump or graze. 

Best Answer

SORRY To hear about your experience...i wonder if you got a new one, if the problem was resolved by fitbit or if you just got a different product from a different company...

For me, my sense screen got messed up when i connected it to the charger. It has lines on it and it does not retain the charge, plus is unreadable. I am hoping ot hear form fitbit soon. I am still hopeful. This was a preordered item.

Wait, i was reading, dont we have a 1 year warranty? 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Not for accidental damage...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hav a versa and dropped it and banged it around never had a problem.
Send them a picture and open a ticket. I told them i would never buy
another one of their products and they sent me a new Sense replacement.

I had posted on one of their facebook post that the thing was made out of
crappy materials and that my $329.00 was down the drain and that I would
never purchase another Fitbit again. I have been having them for about 9
year now. They sent me a message wanting a picture of it and they offered
me 50% off a new one or a replacement. I took the replacement and got a
brand new sence.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also been a long-time Fitbit loyalist. Fitbit One, Ultra, Force, Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa... I've had most of them.

My Versa lasted 2.5 years and finally gave up the ghost last December when the screen popped off while shoveling snow. I chalked it up to the extreme cold causing the 2.5 year old adhesive to give out. The Versa had hiked hundreds of miles, spent countless hours in the gym, and survived every pre-pandemic drunken shenanigan. It had a few screen scratches, but it lived a very active life so I was ok with $200 for 2.5 years of life.

So I purchased a brand new Fitbit Sense in the beginning of January. At $300, it's the most expensive one I've bought to date. I immediately purchased a pack of TPU film protectors for the screen. The first one was applied within the first 10 minutes of unboxing. It's been less than 40 days, the film is still pristine, the watch itself is still pristine. I've been working from home, haven't lifted a weight or barely stepped out of my house other than to walk the dog. Last night, I noticed at a very specific angle in bright lighting, there was a weird 'line' I had never seen before. There is a perfectly sliver of a crack in the left side of the screen. No impact. No visible damage ANYWHERE.

tl;dr:

My Versa went to hell & back over 2.5y and survived with only the tiniest of scratches. The Sense didn't make it 40 days being babied in my home with ZERO workouts.

Sorry, but that just has defective glass written all over if for me. Glad I wasted $300 on Fitbit's "flagship" product. I'm beyond pissed to say the least.

Best Answer

My Versa Sense has a crack and less than 2 months old. My last Versa 2 never had any cracks. Maybe this is a problems with them

Best Answer

Hey, my Sense screen cracked from a 30cm fall (max) after the wristband opened accidentally during exercise. I've had it for only 3 months and I'm extremely disappointed by the poor screen quality. I've had a Samsung watch for years, while my partner has used an Apple Watch for 4 years now. Guess what; not a single scratch on the screens. However, you could easily tell that Sense's screen is too fragile for a $329 watch since it had scratched too easily (just by touching a wall or a doorknob). Won't be buying Fitbit in the near future. No repair option, no replacement offer. Nothing. Essentially, $329 down the drain.

Best Answer

Same here.

I bought my Sense for 335$. I accidentally hit the doorframe while walking to the ktichen with my wrist and the screen cracked.

A effing 350$ smart watch should have gorilla 5 class glass that does not crack that easily.

I've been using Fitbit products for 6 years and the support won't help.

This is the last watch I bought from them.

Best Answer

I am with you - so angry.  My sense screen cracked because the band came off at the device!  I am fed up with Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Uh oh same problem here! My screen is cracked, I have no idea how I did it. I would think I would’ve noticed an action that caused  such a crack on my screen??? I’ve had Fitbit‘s for years and no problems and only had my Sense for a few weeks. I am heartbroken and perhaps I should’ve followed my sons advice and bought an Apple Watch instead...

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me after 2 weeks.  There must be some kind of defect.  I didn't do anything to damage it.  I'm very gentle with it.  Always happy with the customer service in the past been using Fitbits since the first.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit now owned by Google should stand behind their products, especially when there’s hundreds and maybe thousands of reports of the same issue happening over and over. This is a QUALITY issue. Maybe Fitbit needs to update the gorilla glass they use and not use an inferior and outdated product. I would understand if this occurred here and there but this is a consistent issue. I’ve dropped my phone numerous times and no the screen didn’t crack but if it would have I could have it repaired or replaced.

Fitbit offers no options or solutions, how can you sell a product and have no way to make repairs. If there’s a faulty battery, someone is out of luck with that too. 

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer

you have 90 days to return your watch to the place you bought it from even if it broke cracked shattered burned up blown up god struck it with lightning. you have 90 days to return it period.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Converse  the return policy if purchased directly from Fitbit.com is 45 days no questions asked. Other retailers vary for their returns. you can read the policy here - click. Where did you see 90 days?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

bestbuy & Sam's Club and Costco 90 days almost all major retailers is 90 days if they sell electronics. Maybe it a California thing?

Best Answer