Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen got cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cracked my screen after three weeks. Fitbit won't replace it or make recommendations on where to repair it. I'm so mad. This will be my last device from Fitbit.

Anybody feel me on this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

ahh, ok @Converse . Costco is 90 days. Best Buy on the east coast is generally 14 days, per the sales receipt. I know that some credit cards offer a warranty on different items, but that varies, too. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing happened with mine with no idea how it happened. Now the Sense time can fall behind when my phone is a little distance from the Sense. Will be trying Apple next time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @SunsetRunner & everyone on this forum for warning us that the Sense screen breaks easily & that there is no way to fix it and Fitbit customer service just send you running in circles.  My Versa has just died after 3 years & I was going to buy a Sense, now I will review & buy another brand.  It’s sad to see what was a great brand lose it’s core values of great quality, great customer service & begin to die.  

Best Answer
Fitbit (google) will not help you. I pled my case for 2 months and the
process was infuriating.

Costco took the fitbit back as well as a folder of documentation.
I hope costco stops selling them. Why should costco excellent customer
support pay for a design a product.

My sense review on costco has over 200 was helpful votes.

Big business that won't support customers are
A problem I won't ignore.

Google is now collecting all our health data and selling to the highest
border no doubt.

It's too bad. I love data. I will pay more for less if it's not Google.
Google is as powerful as the most powerful geo political entity. It
disturbs me.
Best Answer

I accidently cracked my Sense a week ago. I'm horrified to know that Fitbit can't/won't provide a replacement service!

M. Ward

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit is selling a 59$ insurance for two years that covers accidental damage. On Amazon you can buy the same for cheaper ( 39$ ) which holds 3 years.

Best Answer

Me too!! Mine cracked after 6 months and it cracked after weirdly charging it. Screen was perfect before the charge and still cant get a repair or replacement. Im so unhappy with their aftercare 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Myn cracked too I went on a walk and on my way home the corner was shattered I have no clue what did it. I didint slam it against anything you would not think it would break that easy... I am very pissed it's not very cool. Expecially since I had the versa 2 and the watch went through the ringer. I get the warranty won't cover it but they should let you pay to get it fixed I mean they made the **ahem** thing 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also cracked my watch glass cover, by dropping it slightly above knee height. And the watch is only a months old. Should have read all these comments before I made the purchase, definitely won't buy from fitbit again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must be one of the lucky ones. After my screen cracked in less than 2 months, time not keeping right, the band came off in month 4 where the Sensor fell to the floor from waist height. After this action the Fitbit would not sync with the App. After a lot of correspondence with Fitbit I have received a new Sensor and Band. My faith is back with them but they do need to address the weak screen on this model.

Best Answer
0 Votes
🙂 Were you luck because you had so many problems with your Fitbit Sense or because after a lot of communication with them you finally got them to step up and take responsibility for the defects in their product. It is obvious from all the complaints out their about the glass breaking, that the glass they are using is not fit for purpose. I am sure they will make a running modification to a stronger glass fit for purpose, but will they step up and replace the glass free of charge for all the poor people who bought the watch before they do this.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it seems to be a problem with screen.
Im back and forward complaining but getting nowhere with my emails, they
just send me to fitbit.com for answers.
Im not letting this go easily as ive said to them if you look at
fibit community you will see how common this fault is.
Ive had 4 fitbits in the past and never had a problem with them, its got to
be the model of new sense and the glass quality.
What gets me it is a fitness watch so the glass should be a lot stronger
and its not fit for its purpose.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats good, its a fight isnt it. They say they have No complaints channel,
No repair centre.
Ive said a company this big how have they not got this in place, they just
send me to the website for answers or pay for a new one!

Im still back and forward to them as not happy with this outcome.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry you have to deal with this. The customer service is infuriating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine 2 weeks to date now and a small bump against a door frame caused a nick in the bottom of the screen in the left corner and two small scratches. I am beyond furious reading how much trouble people have had. I just went through the process to file the complaint with customer service. Dino was less than helpful and at the end typed a spiel of how to save the conversation and aborted the chat before I could save it for my records. Customer service is horrible. I always went for Samsung before this. Boy do I regret trying fitbit. Next I'll be trying to find a place to replace my screen and protectors have been ordered. Clearly thus watch screen is very weak. Not right for an active watch.

Best Answer

I cannot find anyone to fix my broken screen after two weeks until this now (2 months of searching). Screen cost by repair shop was quoted at $200!  So, basically, if you crack your sense screen, and no insurance, your out of luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry you had to deal with this.  After years with fitbit it's a very unwelcome surprise.

Service rep at fitbit said they don't have repairs or screens , then had the nerve to say it's a good idea.

I've  read a few comments on this community defending fitbits lack of dealing with the screen issue.  I can't imagine a customer taking the time to do that.  I wonder if they have staff post these ridiculous comments, like this one "if you had an accident with your car would you expects the dealer to own it?"  I'm considering Samsung or Garmin. It's a hot market,  there will be competition!

Best Answer

Same boat i got offered nothing hiw do uou get screen replaced?

Best Answer

Not after free! Just after the ability to get it fixed

Best Answer

Thanks good call but used debit card

Best Answer
0 Votes