Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen got cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cracked my screen after three weeks. Fitbit won't replace it or make recommendations on where to repair it. I'm so mad. This will be my last device from Fitbit.

Anybody feel me on this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about your broken screen, although from my own personal experience most companies unfortunately don't cover accidental damage. I believe some credit cards offer some type of product protection, so if you paid with one perhaps it's worth looking into.

I have notified a Moderator, maybe they can review your support case to see if all avenues have been explored. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. @N8teGee, thanks the heads up and for your suggestions.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to contact our Support team and I'm sorry about the cracked screen of your Sense. I see where you're coming from about this situation experienced with your watch. As you know, our warranty doesn't cover accidental damages and currently Fitbit doesn't have a physical store or place where you can take your watch to repair it. Please keep an open communication with our team so they can provide you with more details about your case and if possible, give a try to @N8teGee's suggestion.

If you need anything else from me, let me know.

Best Answer

Any accidental damage cover on house insurance? Might cost u an excess but cheaper than £299 4 a replacement. Personally, I have all my phones/gadgets covered by a separate insurance policy but I appreciate that doesn’t help ur current situation.

Best Answer

I'm sorry your watch got scratched. I'm concerned about that as well. There's nothing more upsetting than that happening with a new watch. 

I believe that there are a few times when extended coverage is offered on the phone app shortly after setting the watch up as a new device. If I'm not mistaken, the extended warranty covers breakage, etc. If you recently received the watch, keep an eye out for it. The only thing is, it's $60+ for two years of coverage. I purchased a few sense cases a few days ago. They are silicone covers that fit over the watch. I will use it when I'm doing something that might compromise the watch face. Check out Amazon for Sense Cases. Better than nothing if you are working at something that might damage the watch. 

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Yes, thank you! Cases are a good thing, and so is a screen protector. I don’t know why FitBit used different glass than in the OG Versa, because I have a 2 1/2 year old Versa with ZERO SCRATCHES! I’ve had my sense only a couple weeks when it got scratched. Boy was I MAD. My scratches are teensy, and hard to see but still... I didn’t need a screen protector for the OG, why would I need one on an improved model? But *sigh* I do. I just wish I’d put one on sooner. 😞

On the other hand, I *did* pay for the $64 insurance, but there’s a $40 deductible, so I’m not using it for my scratch... I’d use it if I’d cracked the screen tho.

im so, SO sorry, and I hope FitBit will do the RIGHT THING and replace your watch. 
i saw someone get THREE REPLACEMENTS because they thought their Sense was not constructed properly- the gold “ring” around our Senses has a gap on either side INTENTIONALLY, yet this person sent in pics of the watch and got a free née Sense EVERY TIME, because they didn’t know what it was supposed to look like. Compare that with your situation? I’m mad FOR you!

Really praying for PROPER care. Good luck!🍀 

Best Answer

I'm so mad! My wrist hit a doorknob I was passing the other day and my sense screen cracked! Less than 2 months old!! And they want to offer a discount for a new product. Ridiculous! I've been a loyalist for years, but I'll be going elsewhere with my money. Poor design if the screen cracks so easily. So yes I feel you. 

Best Answer

Why should Fitbit take care of your damaged device? If I accidentally dropped my cell phone, I wouldn't expect my my cell phone company or phone maker to fix it. Same thing with anything else. Unless you bought insurance for it you're on your own. 

Best Answer

My phone has repair options and can with stand much more wear and tear. Tapping your wrist on a doorknob shouldn't break it. My versa took much more abuse than that and never broke. They need too look into how this is made if several people are having this issue so soon in its release. 

Best Answer

Same here. I dropped it within 2 weeks of buying, and it cracked in two places. Super disappointed about the fragile of the screen. I bought at Costco and was able to return without problems. Do not buy this product.  It’s not ready for prime time.

Agreed, kashipp. This is a bad product. Elevate the issue within Fitbit. You’re not the only one having this issues. Mine cracked within 2 weeks. Unacceptable.  The watch screen is defective, and they’re prolly having tons of issues with it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

UPDATE: thankfully the credit card I used (Chase Freedom) insures purchases and they gave me a full refund. Definitely won't be buying another fitbit for awhile. I'm still disappointed in this design and that they couldn't do more to help on something that's clearly a design flaw.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointed with screen quality had a week and scratched so easily 

Best Answer

This just happened to me too and they will not do a thing to help me either.  I won't be buying fitbit again.

Best Answer

My watch screen shattered this morning 😳🙄💀🤬 Based all of these comments there's no hope for it to be repaired because Fitbit did not think ahead 

Best Answer
I am still trying to get them to make it right. They HAD to know this was
an issue.
When I saw the insurance option pop up during set up J thought it was odd.
10 YEARS never had a need for it. 72 hours with the sense and boom!
10 years a customer without one issue should be a factor.
Now I see they are with Google.
Best Answer

Actually same as if you crashed your car. Can't really go back to the dealer and have them fix it for free?

Best Answer

GSDguy,

You’re being flat out absurd. The product is defective. Did you not read all the reports on this thread? Or do you work for Fitbit and are trying to make excuses for bad quality? Stop gaslighting customers.

Best Answer

I agree they know that they are defective and should give all of us our money back or replacements.

Best Answer

Totally agree, not sure if you read, but the credit card I purchased it on (Chase) insured mine and gave me a full refund. Try your CC company! 

Best Answer

This is the latest reply that was sent to me from fitbit is that they are not going to do anything to make this good and hope I get back on track with fitbit.  I really can't believe that they would tell me this.  I will not buy there product again. 

Best Answer