Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense shows SpO2 data but not on Health metrics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought after the update this would fix this. But I've had this under spo2 for about 2 weeks now. I've had SpO2 signature clockface in my watch every night except last night after the update, when I downloaded the spo2 app. Anyone else having this problem? The watchface shows spo2 data when I use it, so I know its a fitbit app issue. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s10+ running Android 10 and my fitbit app is up to date.

Screenshot_20201125-053622_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @DaughterofMaat. It's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for all the information and screenshots provided. I'm sorry that the SpO2 data is displayed on your watch but not on the Fitbit app. Let's work on this together. Just to confirm, aside of the SpO2 is the rest of your information syncing correctly?

Because you have an Android device, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove the Sense from the Bluetooth settings in your phone.
  2. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  3. On your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your Fitbit account.
  6. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and check your details.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Just started happening to me on an IPhone. Watch shows SpO2 avg and range. App shows nothing but to download a clock face etc like above

Best Answer

@Adroblaw 

Check your version for 3.37

In the phone Fitbit App

Click on profile photo [top left]

Help & Support

App Version at the top

If that is the case probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Thanks. I checked and was running 3.36 but when I checked for updates it says: I am up to date and won’t offer me 3.37.

Aron Robinson
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Adroblaw, it's good to see you here in the forums. @Guy_, thanks for your great suggestions.

Thanks for trying the suggestions above. While the Health Metrics isn't showing your SpO2 data, are you able to see your breathing rate, heart-rate variability, skin temperature and resting heart rate data? Is your watch syncing correctly with the Fitbit app?

Because your post didn't mention, I'd suggest you to log out from your account, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account. Then, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and check your details.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy:

Thank you for responding! 

Yes, all of the other metrics are showing up regularly. Occasionally I get a no data but generally they are all there. As far as I know the watch is syncing correctly with the app as the other data shows, steps, est calories, heart rate (current and past)  sleep data and the related charts, etc. 

I have quit the app, restarted my phone, logged in and out etc. not only that but I have changed clock faces to other SPO2 ones and non SpO2 ones to no avail. The SpO2 clock face and App show as installed. 

I will try these again. And advise if anything changes. 

I  again have logged out of Fitbit, shut down the phone. Restarted the phone, logged in to Fitbit manually synced all twice and nothing has changed. 

The only thing I haven’t done is remove the clock faces and remove the SpO2 App and then download them again. 

any other troubleshooting thoughts?
Best Answer

I am also interested in this as I am facing the same problem here...

Sorry for hi jacking your comment, but having this resolved is very important for me, see bellow a topic I have created explaining the situation:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Sense for my father that is 76 years of age and obese. I purchased this watch because it would help him monitor his Health Metrics.

To be honest he loves his watch, and what is more, it actually motivated him to start moving and eat less, in the last two weeks he has shed a couple of kilos and sleeps better at night, great and thank you!!

One more additional reason is that my father suffers from sleep apnea, meaning that at times in his sleep he stops breathing. He usually sleeps with the aid of oxygen, and because of the sense O2 saturation readings he can monitor his O2 levels during last nights sleep, wich is great.

Though the last couple of days the watch refuses to pas on data to his phone, most of the time he is not receiving the health metrics. when rebooting the phone and watch everything works, but after a while things become un-synced again. Iv had a go at it myself (im a ionic user, so I know my way around the app) with no success.

I would really like to ask your help on this as this is important to him, and me

Im attaching the raw email my father intended to sent out (english isnt his native language):

Any response from the Dev team would be appreciated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main reason that I purged  the fitbit sense was the healthy future  .
So far I am disappointed with the performance.
Every morning I have a Bing problem to gather data on my smartphone.
Most of the time i am not receiving data from  Health Metrics like Oxygen  saturation, Breathing rate (last night No Data).
Booting and rebooting my sense or my smartphone does not solve the problem.
My conclusion is that the sense

• is not a reliable equipment ,
  • it has BAGS  to be solve
  • less functionality  than was written in marketing procures
  • poor value for money  

Best Answer

Try a hard reset. That seems to have worked for me. Hold down the sense button for 10 seconds (till the Fitbit logo appears)  Then manually sync. 

after I did that my data appeared. 

Best Answer

Hi @Adroblaw, I hope you're doing well. @Mioumitsou, welcome on board.

@Adroblaw, thanks for getting back with the requested information as well for every step that you've tried. I'm glad that your SpO2 data is now appearing in the Health Metrics and I'm sure your post will help other members experiencing similar issues.

@Mioumitsou, thanks for sharing detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps tried on your own. I understand how important this data is for you and your father, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced. Because the Sense keeps having this behavior, I'd suggest you to get in touch with our Support team so they can look into this matter and provide you with further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via phone or chat.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AdroblawJust to clarify in case it is misleading for anyone reading your post, you did a simple watch restart, not a hard [factory] reset, which is not advised anyway unless instructed by Fitbit support, due to the risk of watch failure during the process.

You can tell the difference because a factory reset completely wipes the device of all data and settings and it requires the watch to be installed again because it has been completely reset.

Best Answer

Hi,

I tried , but still do not see SpO2 on APP, only on watch.

Should which CLOCK I am using really make a difference? I'm using a clock called Spectrum.

Some nights I do see the SpO2 on the APP and other nights not.

Thanks.

Best Answer

@yitzmalk  - any clock face on a sense will work as long as the SpO2 tracker app is installed.

If you see the information on your watch but not in the Fitbit App, it is a temporary glitch in the app.

For Android, clear the Fitbit storage cache, force stop it, login again and try a sync. It may take a while for it show.

If that doesn't work

• do a Logout and login of the Fitbit App
  • Go to the phone home screen without closing the app
  • Click on the sync popup to reconnect your watch
  • Pull down refresh the Fitbit App screen to sync

Best Answer

No, sorry nothing has helped.

All the other graphs look fine, except SpO2.

Thanks

Best Answer

Since some nights it registers on app but not others, but not others, it seems a bit odd. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem since June 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I resolved the errant SpO2 issue by deleting the SpO2 tracker app [and/or clock face] and buying a Bluetooth Oximeter.

Not only I don't have to worry about chasing the single result not appearing, I can test the Oxygen levels, accurate HR and more any time and save about 2 days battery life between charges. Very happy.

Best Answer

Sadly, I naively assumed that was what I was buying with Sense from reading the features and not the fine print. You get that with Garmin and I rather assumed it was same. As always, it turns out to be getting what you paid for - the Garmin is certainly a lot more expensive.

Best Answer
0 Votes