Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't connect to Samsung S22 Ultra

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit sense will not connect to my Samsung S22 Ultra.  I tried removing the sense from the fitbit app and then adding it as a new device and it can't locate it

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hi @Sirvim - is your watch syncing with the S22? In other words do you see your watch steps in the app?

If so, the watch is paired correctly with the Fitbit app, (it doesn't pair with the phone).

You can check on both sync and connections by using the SimpleCheckUp app.

If your notifications are not coming through but the watch is syncing, then there is a phone issue with notifications most probably.

For a notification to appear on the watch it must also appear on the phone.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sirvim: "...it just WILL NOT Pair with the Bluetooth on the phone.  It appears under connected devices under connections/Bluetooth, but WILL NOT PAIR!"

This is the issue I'm having. If I sync through the app, it works. However, if I try connecting via Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S22, it tells me I "need an app to sync data." Well, the Fitbit app is already on my phone, so...? And I can't disconnect my old device from the Sense since my old device is my current phone (had to do a factory reset). I revoked permissions through the app from the old connection to my phone, but there's still an issue. 

Currently, my Sense doesn't even show up in my Bluetooth listings. It's so frustrating!

Best Answer

Hi @Leina - you should not attempt to pair it using Bluetooth.

The reason is the watch cannot talk to the phone, it can only sync with the Fitbit App which takes care of all the connecting.

What you can try is

• remove the Bluetooth entries from the phone's Bluetooth.
  • Logout of the Fitbit App and login again.
  • Click profile photo
  • Click "+ Set up a Device"

This is necessary after a factory reset as it has to be set up from scratch again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any attempt to pair through the phones Bluetooth will be, and should be rejected. 

As with all Bluetooth Low Energy devices an app is required. 

We use the Fitbit app to connect the tracker to our fitbit account. 

Then the fitbit app pairs the tracker to the phone. 

How do I setup a fitbit device 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now convinced this is an S22 problem. Google Bluetooth s22. I've had nearly all of the same issues with my versa 3 and s22 ultra combo. To a point where my versa screen stop displaying, so I removed the device and bricked the versa. I have issues with pairing BT in my vehicles, using BT unlock at hilton hotels and connecting to the fitbit for alerts.  Sammy just pushed another update for me today, and I hope that fixes it. They're also insisting that it's not a hardware problem. Good luck!

Best Answer

Thank you!! That's all it took.

Best Answer

My old phone is destroyed... I cannot do anything on it. Will I be unable to connect my Fitbit Sense to my new phone? The Sense is newer then the phone. My Inspire 2 was linked to both phones.

Best Answer

I have a new Fitbit Sense and a new Samsung S22+. I am unable to get them to pair. My Inspire2 was never paired because it didn't have that capability. I keep getting an error that I need an app to pair them. I have the Fitbit ap, of course.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @YenniferofHali h if you have installed the Fitbit app on the new phone, restart both watch and phone and in the the Fitbit App, click profile photo, "+ Set up a Device" to configure and install the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When changing phones. 

• Do not remove the tracker from the fitbit app.
  • You can remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. 
  • Turn off the old phone
  • Install the fitbit app on the new phone
  • Accept all requested permissions. 
  • The fitbit app will ask for permission to connect (pair) the tracker. 
  • The tracker should then sync. 
  • Setup notifications. 

Note that the user will not be able to pair the tracker, the fitbit app handles the Bluetooth connection.

@YenniferofHali if the tracker is still connected to your fitbit account. 

Load the fitbit app, log into your account, grant permissions. 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm replying because I had the same struggle. I ended up factory reacting my watch but I think the issue could have been fixed by making sure my fitbit was up to date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes