Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

Weight charts are also uglier and harder to read. What on earth was the rationale for this change? 

Best Answer

I see the same thing. There are a few people talking about it under versa 3 forum. I wasnt alarmed till I looked back and ALL my history has extreme spikes when they weren't orange before.  A little confusing. Glitch I hope.

Best Answer

OMG! Thanks for posting... I hadn't checked my sleep details for a week or so and thought I was dying when I saw it!!! Then I went back 2 years and virtually all my readings are off the charts when prior to the update I would rarely ever have a blip into the "orange". Love to hear an official response to this from a Fitbit rep. 

Best Answer

The new chart (it started today) shows huge O2 variations every night.   The old one showed only an occasional minor variation.  Even the historical ones have changed and now show completely different results.   How can I get the correct data back?  

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the detailed information and the screenshots provided. I understand how important this data is for you and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Let me share this issue has been reported to our team so they can further investigate what may be occurring. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

In the meantime, please keep syncing with the Fitbit app to make sure the rest of your details are updating correctly.

Best Answer

Lol... there must be a lot of people worrying by now... I bet you it is an update glitch. 

----------

Hi there! Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place. I thought I was starting a new post when I entered the issue. 

Best Answer

I wish so too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The o2 variation graph is broken too, not accurate at all going by previous nights 

Screenshot_20220723-090502.jpg

Best Answer

Same thing. The new graph/layout/app version was activated this morning and all my sleep records now show high oxigen variation for every night. Full of yellow spikes. I checked every night and this was never an issue before. All my records showed low oxygen variations. This deserves an explanation from Fitbit

I suppose this is a software issue. Or is it not and they changed the algorithm and detect things they couldn't detect before.

Please correct this issue ASAP! 

Android user here. Fitbit Charge 5 bought on 2022, everything updated, etc. 

Best Answer

I used to have a normal oxygen variation graph – very rarely was there a spike into the yellow.

After the graph update on my fitbit app, I have very frequent high variations. And the old results that used to be all green (low variations) are now also constantly in high variations.

I don't understand how can the old result change like that and it makes me worried about my health. 

Has anyone else experienced something like that?

Best Answer

My fitbit updated today and since that update, all of my stored oxygen variation levels during the night, which were consistently in the green 'low' zone, have now all been changed & without exception all are now showing high variation levels in the amber zone.  How can this be? For the last 2 years of using this feature, I have had no concerns of oxygen variation, now since the update everything has changed. Has  anyone else's data changed & if this change is accurate, have Fitbit been analysing all data incorrectly up to this point? This is very annoying, every single recorded piece of information has been changed since this update.

Best Answer

Needless to say, Fitbit ruined my morning. And the morning of many, it seems. Correct the issue and send an explanation! You can not change the results ofour sleeps records from one day to another without saying anything. This is really annoying. 

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit support about this last night and after an annoyingly long time of telling them that no, I know what the graphs should mean and no, it's not the way I wear it because graphs that used to be fine of previous days were changed after the update, they told me that they don't have any answers as they don't actually have the full details of the update and that it's rolled out in parts and things are still being updated and fixed. So it might very well be a bug or something they were testing out that backfired. It's clearly an issue with the Android update, otherwise previous graphs don't change.

I don't know what they did exactly or why, but I sure hope they revert those changes, because this way the graphs become pretty meaningless.

Best Answer

The latest software update changed all the chart representations. I noticed that my O2 sat charts suddenly look wildly varying unlike any before. Out of curiosity I looked at old screen prints of past nights before the software update and compared them to the way they are rendered under the new software. They don't look remotely alike. Either the old ones were wrong (for years) or the new representation is wrong. 

DavideFitbit_0-1662840193984.jpeg

Best Answer

I figured that I was doing just fine with the old EOV charts and thinking that I breathing through the night.  I have no apnea symptoms so whether the new graphs are just more sensitive (and correct) or just plain wrong, I don't care -- I don't want to see all the orange spikes of the new graphs.  I chatted with Fitbit tech and he said the going into the Gallery and removing the SpO2 clock face (even though I don't use it as my default) should turn OFF the O2 detection at night.  I won't know until tomorrow if this tip works.  Fitbit takes forever to fix a bug and if this is not a bug (but just greater sensitivity) then I don't want to see it -- I have enough trouble sleeping without thinking about whether I am gonna suffocate.

Best Answer

If you look further down in this forum there's s whole lot of us, now panicking that we've all got sleep apnea that's been ignored for years but I'm sure it's an app update issue because if you look at the times you slept & the times on the graph, they no longer match. 

Best Answer

I measured mostly normal oxygen saturation levels until today when I went back and looked at my old ones. Now they all look abnormal. Is Fitbit using a different metric? Thanks for any information you may have.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I checked mine this morning too and the same thing happened. I went back and all of the history is changed. I'm kind of relieved I'm not the only one but I'm curious about what is happening.

Best Answer

I have a Charge 4 and have been checking my EOV on and off for months. Well, this morning when I checked, the graph is over the top. Did something in the algorithm change, or in the Data analysis? Or do I need to see my doctor? I went back and did a spot check (at least 8 months) when i would have 1 or 2 slight variations (yellow peak) per night, and now even those graphs are all yellow, like the most recent. Every night looks something like this (below), now.

Screenshot_20220723-074606.jpg

Thanks in advance . 

Best Answer

I think it's an android app issue as another thread with lots of people was moved by fitbit admin from Versa 3 forum to the android app one. 

It is due to the latest update.

Best Answer