Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some customers receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

I can't  seem to find the benchmarks for sleep. I used that all the time. Will it be back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do hope this is sorted out quickly. My last three nights sleep have all been recorded in the classic sleep mode. Granted I have been finally meeting my sleep goals of 7+ hours but its not really comparable to the sleep stages I am use to tracking my sleep with. 

Best Answer

My sleep stages stopped recording 2 days ago. It records all sleep but no longer shows staged

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello...

I'm have been using Fitbit Alta Hr since 20 Aug'17 and everything seems good. 

But on last Friday I set up new sleep schedule. This device didn't show me the sleep stages anymore. 

I restarted but no change. I tried to read the solution from many people but nothing happened. 

So now I don't know what to do 😞

Anyone knows please advice me 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. No sleep stages are shown for the last 2 nights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on getting it sorted ?

glad I came on here & looked as I thought it was an issue with my watch or how I was wearing it 

Best Answer

I just updated my Fitbit and my sleep tracking disappeared and all of my data!!!! Please advise how to get sleep back. My dashboard appearance also changed and other elements are missing like the ability to sync now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Fitbit Charger 2 about a week ago. I did the update. I did not get the sleep stages for a few days but then all of a sudden I did. Yesterday It reverted back to just sleep/awake. I went in to advanced settings and set it to sensitive. It then changed to sleep stages. This morning it is right back to just sleep/awake and is still set on sensitive so I am unable to change it this time. As I said I did the update as soon as I received it. Any suggestions as to how to get the stages? I have a doctors appointment coming up and would like to show this to her. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is not tracking sleep for the last three days (starting sept1). Reset did nothing. It shows the hours correctly but not the stages.suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Fitbit Alta over a month and the last three nights it quit recording my sleep stages. Now, I'm only getting how many times I'm awake and restless. I've reset my Fitbit and set it to sensitive...nothing helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. No sleep stages being recorded starting last Friday.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was ok this morning let's see how it develops.....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR stopped tracking my sleep stages 3 days ago. My Fitbit is fully charged and I am sleeping as usual. I have had my Fitbit for not yet a year and have not experienced this problem. What's going on with the sleep tracking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Matthew, my data has been Classic for the past three nights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep errors again out of the blue. Sleep stages were advertised as a feature for months before they were actually available. 

Refuses to log my exercise days properly. Fitbit said months ago they know about this problem and they're 'working on it.'

In the meantime they release a bunch of new products they expect me to buy. Fitbit as a company is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. 

Best Answer

Having the same problem the last few nightsSmiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also been having this issue for the past two nights.  Being able to track the sleep stages was one of the main reasons I purchased the Alta HR, so I hope this is resolved soon.

Best Answer

We have 3 FITBIT's after moving from the Apple Watch due to battery issues and the promise of better automatic sleep tracking. Sleep tracking was a MUST and had been working up to September 1.Since 9/1 the sleep data no longer displays SLEEP STAGES but a rudimentary SLEEP PATTERN. Af first we all went to make sure all apps and OS were up to date. Next we check band usage and reset phones, watches. It took until 9/3 that FITBIT acknowledged this is a system wide problem and it still persists. I understand there is a server update that is the cause for this problem but what I cannot understand is why FITBIT would not have rolled back the server software to the previous release before rolling the new server software out. 

Very sad, disappointed, and dissatisfied and if not corrected soon, will be quickly looking at other comparable smart watch technologies. 

Pastor Bob

Best Answer

Sleep function useless does not sync or will turn off and back on during the night totally useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes