Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,476 REPLIES 1,476

thank goodness I don't have a stinkin Iphone.  (Not just for this reason)

Best Answer
Could you tell me how you did it?
Thanks so much
Deborah
Best Answer

Rebecca might’ve left town, she hasn’t even been logged in since May 9. Yes absolutely terrible that there’s been no response despite all the outcry.
After they removed the challenges and didn’t listen to us then, same. We still really miss those challenges. 

Best Answer

Hey this is not a place to bash iPhones!   I love my iPhone and that that’s why I’m going to have trouble going forward with Fitbit, even though I love Fitbit and I’ve had them since 2011. 

Best Answer

I hate iPhone and fitbit. 

Best Answer

Mine worked, but then reverted back to the old format.

Best Answer

Did you turn off auto update like Will suggested?  I am still in the first 24 hours of running the "reverted" version, but so far so good. 

Best Answer

I reverted to the old version as per the instructions. I did turn off auto update in the play store. My app has stayed at the old version for quite a long while. I also don't accept any firmware updates.

Best Answer

The main reason I got a Fitbit was to track my sleep and have been unimpressed with the new sleep experience since it was put on my phone.  I liked how easy it was to see the stages of sleep each morning to see how much sleep and what kind of sleep I was getting.  Even though it is so much harder to read this new format I didn't bother to complain until today.  Today my app showed Awake, Restless, and Asleep instead of Awake, Rem, Light, and Deep.  The worst part though is that it says my sleep timeline was 11:58 PM -7:55 AM in spite of the fact that I got up at 6:55 AM when my alarm woke me and spent the next half hour getting dressed and feeding my cat.  At 7:27 I began my morning exercises and finished at 7:57 (this is documented on my app).  It is bad enough that you changed the format of the sleep display but I can grudgingly live with that but I CAN NOT live with an app that can't even recognize when I am out of bed walking around, doing chores, and exercising.  I spent a lot of time today reading the complaints about the changes to the sleep app today on the community forum (over 435) and it seems that there was not one single reply from a Fitbit moderator and the people who had spoke to customer service did not get a response and many said they were cancelling their premium subscriptions since even though they were paying for the premium they were having the same issues I'm having.  If the app can not accurately show my sleep stages I will be joining the people who are looking outside of the Fitbit product line for something that can provide accurate sleep data.

Best Answer

i DO NOT LIKE THE NEW SLEEP VERSION. HOW CAN I GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION! MUCH EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. pLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! THANK YOU

Best Answer

Yes, but I believe that this solution does not work for those who are using iPhones with the App, correct? 

Best Answer
Google it and follow directions. It worked for me. You'll be much happier.

Sarah Oaks
Be kind. Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard. battle.
Best Answer
0 Votes

lopresb
Mine is showing the same and there's no Benchmark, No score.  I thought mine might be because I was 4 minutes shy of 3 hours sleep (long story) , But that isn't your situation.

They  make these changes w/o warning, don't give any instructions on how to navigate the new changes, then change them again downgrading the info provided - which took my time to figure out how to use & understand the new format - then change it again making it even worse.

I'm wondering if they are now reserving this info for their premium subscription. I never signed up for premium and never will.   
Google has finally lost my respect. 
How they could ruin your sleep data is hard to understand. It has been fairly accurate all these years...then what, all of a sudden it becomes inaccurate... you're awake and exercising...and it's showing you asleep!!!  
Thinking about it, I think mine is inaccurate too, because my daughter woke me up, I looked at the time and Fitbit is showing me asleep. grrrr...

It is extremely hard for me to understand why google could care less about their Fitbit customers. 
Never have I experienced such poor customer service in my life.
I will not be purchasing any more google products unless this situation shows improvement instead of a continual declining experience. 

I wonder if someone in corporate is sitting back laughing at us, getting their jollies by frustrating & stressing their customers with absolutely no communication. 
What an extremely frustrating, stressful experience!

Best Answer

kokotini
Fitbit might be listening/reading but they're not communicating, not attempting any changes users prefer, but they have just downgraded sleep stats again...unless it's a fluke. Now there is no REM, Light sleep  or Deep  sleep stats, no benchmark & for some it's registering awake time as sleep time.

They might be listening...but they don't care.

Best Answer

I would like the old sleep graph back. New one is not easy to read or as informative

Best Answer

Cranberry2,

A lot of users (including myself) have reported to them it shows you asleep when you're awake.  They don't care.  It's probably intentional, especially considering they still have a copy of the working version of refuse to revert to it.

We should keep sending in our watches for warranty over and over again for 12 months just to cost them a lot of money.  Run your "water resistant" watch under some water, lol, and you'll see it will stop charging.  Then replace it with the warranty by calling them, then run the new "water resistant" watch under water and keep making them send you a new one.  The pocket book is the only place they understand.

Best Answer
I have given up on Google and switched to a new smart bracelet..should have
done it weeks ago
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also for what it's worth, since I downgraded my FitBit app on my phone it displays the previous (working) sleep data and it has not reverted.  I used the Sept 8th ay pee kay that Will suggested (nodpi), and it installed and is working for probably 2 days now.

Best Answer

You can log into your account online, not through the app. It requires a few click throughs to find it, but the data is there, displayed in the old chart. I'll use that for now while researching a new tracker. 

It seems from the article on the changes, Google is looking to expand the market into the medical community for monitoring stats. But since our data in the app is no longer accurate......

Best Answer

HATE THE NEW SLEEP APP, go back to the prior design, please!!!!!  This one not only looks bad, has no consistency to reading my sleep but it also took away everything I liked about the ease of using it.

Best Answer