Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,522 REPLIES 1,522

Absolute rubbish! I pay for premium to get the sleep app as I have a sleep disorder. Now I can't see the information I need and it seems to only register the 2 longest sleeps in a day/night. Last night 2 were there till 5am then when I woke up after 11.0 the app had updated to the new version and there were still only 2 and 1 of the original sessions had disappeared deleting 3 hours of sleep. No use to me now.

Best Answer

The WORST! Wife and I both very disappointed.  Looking at other options. 

Best Answer

Yep I have a sleep disorder and it looks like it now only registers 2 sleep sessions, I have 5 or 6 a night, which now seem to be within 'normal' sleep cycles.... I don't have those! Something else that only suits the average person!!

Best Answer

I absolutely DO NOT like it!!! 

It is harder to read and you can't scroll to see previous nights.  

Please give users the option to bring back the other format.  I am considering canceling my premium membership because of this!

Best Answer

I HATE the new update. Restore the old format. The sleep information is too compact and is harder to read. Just because the update is new does not make it better.

Best Answer

Es ist ganz fürchterlich!! Warum konnte man es nicht einfach so lassen?

NEVER TOUCH A RUNNING SYSTEM

Bitte SOFORT wieder rückgängig machen!

Best Answer

Yep , like me. I have a sleep disorder and I lost 3 hours last night because it updated around 5am and I lost the next 3 hours of disturbed sleep. Rubbish upgrade. 

Best Answer

Premium no longer has the information it had previously, so don't bother upgrading... it no longer works effectively!

Best Answer

Unfortunately, the update is not as useful as the previous version. Its new layout is distracting and it makes me want to use the app less. The simplified look makes it feel very rudimentary. The monotone colors make it harder to distinguish information. 
I prefer the older version where you could look back on past sleep scores individually, instead of only seeing basic data charts based on week, month, and year. The new charts are nice for an overall tracking, but I would prefer those in addition to also seeing all individual sleep score. I’ll probably use a different app to track my sleep now. 

Best Answer

This change is not good. Being back the old format! It was much easier to read and compare data!

Best Answer

Nope leave it alone. There is a huge community that likes Fitbit. Just because google acquired it doesn’t mean start implementing changes without surveying for user input! Bring the old format baaaaack!!!!

Best Answer

Sorry but I absolutely hate the new format too ..it’s ugly, not user friendly and totally useless in terms of data.  I refuse to pay for premium and am considering switching to another smart watch/tracker….which is a shame as I love my Fitbit😢

Please consider reverting to previous display options for those who want it. 

Best Answer

I don't care for it at all.  Why don't you just leave things alone?

Best Answer

I do not like the change.  The bar graph was easier to read than the new line graph!

Best Answer

Who's the person that said this looks great and lets go with it?  They should be fired!!  

Best Answer

Created a forum profile just so I could reply to this thread and say how awful this update is.

I hated when Fitbit lost all its colors during the last "improvement" and now the sleep cycle graph is a mess. It's impossible to easily see the length of sleep in each stage. Switching to the benchmark option is better, but can we please have the old interface back???

Best Answer

Harder to read and see in an instant what sleep was like. Where is the graph? Is there an option to return to the old version??

Best Answer

Change for the sake of change is pointless. If the change is an improvement then sure but this is just a big mess. The only thing that will evolve from this is people going to other fitness devices that are an improvement. 

Best Answer

Hate it. I thought my device had a bug. It's a mess as many have said and because it's one of the main features I use it's just making fitbit less desirable to me. Why fix what isn't broken? 

Best Answer

It is absolutely hideous, much like the rest of the new look app. Really hard to navigate and not intuitive at all. The old look was super clear and easy to navigate. My birthday is coming up and I will be asking for an Apple Watch, not something I expected to do having been a loyal Fitbit user since 2017. I beg you please put it back to how it used to be!!   

Best Answer