Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth option on Surge freezing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to sync my surge to my phone because the bluetooth option on the surge will not allow me to swipe from off. It has always been on the pair setting but I noticed these past few days my runs have not been syncing. I checked the bluetooth on the surge and it is now on off. I try to swipe to on but it freezes and reboots itself and it is back to off. I have tried to reset the watch many times but it continues to freeze, reboot and stay on the off function. How can this problem be fixed?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back @baccyDCat Happy

Got it! Well, the option that you're checking is the Bluetooth Classic? Right? (see picture bellow) If so, as mentioned before the tracker still should be able to sync, since this option is to connect the Music Control on your Surge. If you restart it, should be able to change to "On" if you want to connect it with your Music files on your phone later on.

bluetooth classic.JPG

Did you tried the steps in this link to make you Fitbit Sync again? Please try to do so and let me know, how this works!

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community family @baccyD! Woman Happy

Thanks a lot for those details. I'd like to clarify that your Surge bonds in two ways with your phone. Bluetooth connection will be done as soon as you first pair the Surge with the phone, this connection will be visible on your phone but not on the Surge. Remember that you always have to check the requirements for syncing with compatible devices, to make sure that your phone will be properly syncing with Fitbit trackers. 

The other way that your phone syncs with the Surge is via Bluetooth Classic. This is required only for the feature Music Control. It's not necessary to use this feature to sync your Surge with your phone. So, if you're still having syncing issues; I would recommend to try these stepsto reconnect your tracker with your phone. If the Bluetooth Classic on your Surge is not working properly these steps will help too. Cat Happy

This should do the trick! I'll be around! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi no bluetooth on the surge freezes completely. Its not my device it has been synced for months until early this week when I noticed my runs were not syncing. So it will not sync to my device because I am unable to change the settings on my watch from the off function, it freezes as soon as I open bluetooth on my watch. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @baccyDCat Happy

Got it! Well, the option that you're checking is the Bluetooth Classic? Right? (see picture bellow) If so, as mentioned before the tracker still should be able to sync, since this option is to connect the Music Control on your Surge. If you restart it, should be able to change to "On" if you want to connect it with your Music files on your phone later on.

bluetooth classic.JPG

Did you tried the steps in this link to make you Fitbit Sync again? Please try to do so and let me know, how this works!

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes