Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Surge 2 being produced with waterproof capability

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I currently have a Charge HR which I think is great, but it's looking a bit outdated.

Both the Charge and Flex have been updated to v2 products and the Flex in particular interests me as I can finally track swims!

One thing that I can see me purchasing, if it is due to exist soon, is a newer version of Surge, which can have an analogue style watch face (similar to the new Withings Steel HR), and can track both water activities (swimming, water polo, etc) and land activities (football, rugby, running, gym etc). 

I was wondering how near or far on the Fitbit roadmap this was, if anyone knew?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Normally Fitbit Announces new trackers/features when released.

Feel free to add your vote / comment to @Anderso9 's suggestion on the Feature Requests subforum:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Waterproof-Surge/idi-p/1625406.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

No one can answer this. Fitbit will announce when and if they release it.

Sorry

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope that if there are moderators which might have some info that they aren't shy when they see this, and may be able to shed some light? Conversely if people that work for Fitbit see this, they may hopefully suggest it to their product tea. This way they don't lose a customer that is loyal but dissapointed with the current products, in particular the lack of swimming, style and substance in one device.

Best Answer

Normally Fitbit Announces new trackers/features when released.

Feel free to add your vote / comment to @Anderso9 's suggestion on the Feature Requests subforum:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Waterproof-Surge/idi-p/1625406.

Best Answer

It's nice to see here @SunsetRunner! I think that your idea is wonderful, being able to use an analog watch to record different water activities sounds like a treat. At this moment, we don't have any information of something similar; as @WendyB mentioned, Fitbit usually advertise new product release until they are ready to sell. 

Your idea for Swim + HR has achieved a lot of votes, people seem to respond to your suggestion very well, at this point I think that we just need to wait! Smiley Very Happy

By the way thank you @SunsetRunner and @WendyB for your participation, it's always pleasant to see you around! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Any update on Surge 2? I really don't want an Apple watch but the wait has been so long. Holding out a little longer but would love some word of encouragement. 🙂

Best Answer

The button has fallen off my Charge HR so I can't see the display. I'm trying to hold out for a waterproof Surge 2, or a waterproof Blaze, in case it's coming out, but if the wait is too long I may have to switch companies now. 😞

Best Answer

Hey there, @rwor28 @SunsetRunner! Welcome to the Family!  Actually, we still don't have any information about it. As usually the information is release as soon as the update is ready not before then, Fitbit is always trying to improve the functionality of the Fitbit trackers. However, I wouldn't like giving you any false expectations or misleading info. We know that this is something that our users need and want, that's why our devs and engineers are always reviewing the Feature Suggestion board.

So, please stay stunned and keep on eye on the Fitbit.com/news for more information on what's next.

@SunsetRunner Did you contact our Support Team in regards of the issue with the button on your Charge HR?  

I'll be around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks Yojana,

I managed to fix it back in myself. It'll do for now 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks replying! Good to know that you were able to find a workaround! I'd recommend check with our Support Team at least just to have  a little of more information in regards of what are the options you have. But it's up to you, I'll be around if case you need anything else! Smiley Very Happy

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, in case that you haven't check it, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

See you later! Cat Happy

Best Answer

I absolutely love my surge and Fitbit.  The support from Fitbit is wonderful. My surge is starting to mess up and it will have to be replaced soon. I'm not going to have any choice but to go to Garmin for a waterproof tracker. Come on developers and hurry and get us something waterproof. 

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @archeroutdoors, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks a million for your comments about Fitbit Surge, it's always great to have feedback from people that really like Fitbit products. I'll pass along your comments to our team; but when you said that your Surge is starting to mess up, what did you mean? Do you need help with that? Please let me know, so I can check your case!

Have a great day, I'll be around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
My band is starting to mess up and also the screen. I run a lot in the dark and it seldom lights up when I raise it. I tap on it and it won't light up either. The swipe at the bottom of an active run is also getting really hard to scroll through. I received a surge Christmas 2015 and the screen cracked a few months later. Fitbit sent me a replacement and that is the watch I am still wearing. It is well past the warranty so I am looking to purchase a new one soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

How you doing my friend @archeroutdoors? Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your feedback, it's of great help. Sorry about your Surge. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal; we're always trying to get better options for you. I invite you to check our new trackers, which have the exchangeable band option. I've also sent you a PM, please keep an eye in your inbox!

I'll be around. Thanks for your participation in the community! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So yesterday my trusted Surge finally decided it was worn out. Hundreds of trail miles, canoe trips, kayaking, and it never let me down. Yesterday, all I was doing was some outside yardwork, I look at my watch and the screen is all fogged up from behind. I guess the seals have given out. What a shame it didn't fail on some outdoor adventure where it would make a good story. Really, the only thing it was experiencing yesterday was heat, humidity and some sweat. The watch still works, the moisture is still there, and there's some little red/yellow light that comes on on the right side of the display...I assume to be a warning light? Due to the moisture inside, the touchscreen seems to be unreliable at the moment. I was hoping there was some updated model, as I've had this one for a couple years (I think), but that doesn't seem to be the case. Now I have to decide, repair or replace? If replace, with what?

Best Answer

How you doing @skiotter? Nice to see you around! Cat Very Happy

Sorry about what happened with your little buddy, so many great stories! Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and services. 

Place your tracker into a bowl of dry rice for 24 hours. This will extract any moisture still inside. About the red light, I'd suggest trying the restart a couple of times later on, while the Surge is plugged in into the computer. Then access to the Settings on the Surge turn off the "Heart Rate": option and force sync your tracker. 

Then try these steps to disconnect your Surge from your Fitbit Account and add it back, to see if this helps as the red light usually indicates issues with the firmware. If these doesn't help and you have a computer please add back your Surge to your Fitbit Account using the Fitbit Connect program on your computer via Wireless Dongle.  

Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next step too, since I've got in touch with our Team so they can help you out with your warranty options in case you're thinking in getting a different tracker.

I'll be around in case that you have questions about it. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me. It was caused by the amount of moisture from my swear. It eventually stopped altogether. Good luck

Best Answer

Update: The moisture is mostly gone now. About 12 hours after the moisture started the layer behind the outer glass developed a pattern like shattered glass. I assume this means that that layer has begun to separate from the outer glass. Needless to say the touchscreen no longer works and the display is difficult to read. This fitbit is no longer working per design and the IP rating I always assumed it had regarding moisture is clearly not the case if simple humidity and sweat can destroy the watch. It was a reliable companion for more than 18 months, but I expect better.

Best Answer

Hi @Suechoc and @skiotter! Nice to see you around! Sorry about your Surge. If you already tried the steps suggested above, it might be time to get in touch with our support team to see your options. Have you done so? Robot Frustrated

I'll be waiting for your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I haven't. Figured it was too late to help me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer