Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden (approx two weeks ago) my Surge stopped to "hold" charge. Battery drains so fast I have to charge every second day.

Until than one battery charge would typically last 4-5 days - charge during weekend and repeat thursday/ friday depending of GPS use.

Typically I leave it to charge for a few hours (1-3hours) until the lightning bolt AND my dashboard states it's fully charged.

I am using it 24/7 as a activity and sleep tracker exept every second day I track a Free run approx 45 min duration.

I charged it yesterday till it was fully charged. Took it on a 'free run' this morning for approx 45 min. Now after 24 hours it is back to medium charge. 

2016-02-01 16.22.50.png

I am aware that it usually will last for an extra day after you receive the empty battery email, but I don't want to rely on that so I typically charge when the email arrives.

Have reset it several times for no avail. 

This bavavior started all of a sudden as I said. I don't think we have got any FW or app updates for the last 2-3 weeks either

Any one else experiencing their Surge (or Fitbit) not holding charge? 

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144
Hi @jorang - If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest restarting your tracker b
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Ozzie65 - have restarted the tracker multiple times but for no avail
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @jorang! Thank you for working on this. Besides restarting your tracker as @Ozzie65 mentioned, you can also try to force quit your app and reboot your phone. For your short life battery issues, you can take a look at this article

Let me know how it goes! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderator, your link says article not found.  I am now having the same issue of the battery only staying charged for a couple of days.  I own the Fitbit Flex, HR and the Surge...Surge being my favorite but this battery draining is becoming a pain.   

Best Answer

Sorry for that @Ballmama3! I just corrected that detail, you can also take a look at @BaltazarFitbit's post. It contains a lot of useful details and information. If the issue persists, feel free to contact Support, they'll be happy to give you the assistance and help you need. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  Only started having problems about a week ago. I've rebooted everything I can think of.  I've only had my surge since November.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Itshergym026! If you already performed all the steps provided on my previous posts, and the issue persists, I highly recommend that you contact Support, they have the proper tools to find and identify the source of this. I'm pretty sure they won't let you without a resolution. 

Best Answer

My surge about 2 or 3 weeks ago just started draining the battery in just a couple days. I wonder if that means the battery is failing, can it be replaced or do I need to buy a new one?  Its a little more than 1 year old, seems too soon to me...

Best Answer

That article is hopeless....and what is the point of the advice to turn off the surge when it is not in use? It's a bloody watch for crying out loud...that is the reason people buy it instead of the others, when is a watch not in use?!!!!

Best Answer

yes i have the same problem but with my charge i will charge it up in the morning and by about 5-6 o'clock it is completly flat no battery. anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem

Best Answer

@jorang.. Did you ever fix the battery issue? I've had my surge for a little over a year and now I'm starting to have the battery problem.  I called FitBit yesterday and they told me that because my watch is over a year old, I'm not under the warranty. So they gave me a coupon for 25% off another FitBit product.  I really like my product and I dont want a new one, but if I'm going to have to replace my watch every year because of the battery, I'll switch to another watch that doesnt have these issues. Again, I LOVE my Fitbit, but 250.00 every year is a bit much.

Best Answer
Yes I did I got a replacement

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
No I never got it resolved. I was given the same offer an just bought a new one. That's probably why it has a 1 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So am I to understand that once your Surge requires charging twice a day (like mine does), that the only solution is buying a new Surge???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Unfortunately for me, that was the only way to solve the problem….
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for the participation in this thread and welcome to the new Fitbit users! Smiley Happy

@Multani Have you tried the tips that @VivisFitbit suggested, also getting help from Customer Support would be a good idea. Even if your tracker is more than a 1 old, they can give you an alternative option. Smiley Wink

@Multani Sorry about the inconvenience that you had with your Surge, the information on the article is troubleshoot the watch itself, each scenario is different but usually by contacting support you get a better explanation on what happened with yours and what is the next step. 

Thank you for the head up @mrtcjm, I'm glad to know that you're back on track. Smiley Very Happy

Totally understand where you coming from @beez_monster, but you don't have to buy a new watch every year, what happened with this one that you had is not going happen again. This discount is for you to have an option even when your product is out of warranty but now with the new trackers your have the extender warranty as well, you might consider using your discount to maybe get a different model if you think that Surge won't work for you. Smiley Indifferent

@MikeGriffiths before to considering buying a new product, I recommend to contact support if you already troubleshoot yours. Smiley Wink

I'll be around guys, keep me posted! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

The same scenario is true for me and my husbands Surge.  It started all of a sudden.

Best Answer

Restarting did not help me.

Best Answer

starting to die : i have to charge every 4-5 days instead of 8-9

Best Answer