Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two year old Surge not always syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately my surge will not sync automatically. In order for it to sync I ha e to remove it from my account and then re connect as if I was addi g it for the first time. I get it to sync, then it will not xontcont to sync. I feel I have the setting g correct as I have been using this for 2+yrs with not issue.  Thoughts?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Hi @Gary-miller906, welcome to the Forums! I'm glad to see that you're a loyal user! Woman Very Happy

I'll try to do my best to help you out with this inquiry. Thank for trying those steps to keep syncing with your phone. Can you please confirm what model is your phone? Also check that both, the Fitbit App and phone are up to date. Have you tried these suggestions too?

I'll be around, let me know how this worked for you. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

My phone is a pixel 2 xl.  I have ensured everything is up to date, phone and app. Also tried to the app on my will does 10 computer and the dongle and was not able to connect.  Also,I am now no longer to connect like i previously explained with phone. This problem was unexpected and nothing significant happened to cause this. This all started right around Aug 1st 2018.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Surge and my iPhone 6s.   I cannot get it to sync at all.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems with my Surge. I have tried to connect it to the Pc that is running the latest build of windows 10 and to 3 different cell phones with the latest version of android ( Samsung Galaxy S 6, Huawei P Smart and Samsung S 7. it worked perfectly until a few months ago around April I started to struggle to get it to sync and as from the 27 July 2018 it will not sync at all I have tried everything that you guys have suggested with no luck. I have removed it again from my account to try and set it up again and now it wont even connect to my profile. what Can I do to fix this?

Please Help!! Man Sad

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Gary-miller906 and @NrseGina good to hear from you! Thanks a million for your feedback. Smiley Happy

@Gary-miller906 Thanks for trying all those steps. I'm not sure if it will be working flawless since it is not supported by Fitbit but it should able to connect on your PC. Are you using the Fitbit App or the Fitbit Connect program? Did you restart it? Is it giving you any error message?

@NrseGina welcome! Please try these syncing steps and let me know if this helps. Are you using the latest version for the Fitbit App?

@Nightwolf82 you've done an excellent job researching the different troubleshooting steps, but as this is not working, I've requested to our Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support in the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am having this problem. I have done everything you have said and it's still not syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. My Surge stopped syncing via bluetooth to my phone in the middle of the day yesterday.

It appears that the FitBit app went through an update around the same time. Could the problem be with the latest version of the app?

Best Answer

Smells time as mine but I have reinstall the app and still the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Surge is not updating steps, heart rate or calories on my Samsung Galaxy S8.  Like everyone here I have tried all the recommended steps short of deleting and reinstalling Surge and like people here I am wondering if the latest update to the app is the cause.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone,

I am having the same issue where my Surge did not sync for over a week, I then reinstalled the app, and had to reconnect my Surge as a new device. After a couple of hours of reconnecting it synchronised. However it now will not sync anymore. I decided to let my Surge go flat and give it a full charge, but now it is displaying the incorrect time and still wont sync. Did any of you find out for to permanently solve this issue.

On a side note, after charging overnight it still displays the partial battery display.

Many thanks

Kevin

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanielTodd198@RedEric@woodie555 and @Kevin-G, welcome to the Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting your inquiries about Fitbit Surge not syncing. When a Fitbit is not connecting, it usually changes the time and won't show recent information on the Dashboard. I know that some of you already try different 

You can try to log out/in from the App or  restart "Bluetooth". Once you've done that to Force sync your tracker Tap on "Account" in the Fitbit App, then tap on your "Surge" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync.

In case of having an Android phone, also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If that doesn't work let's check some requirements that your phone and Surge should have in order to successfully communicate:

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • The phone must be bonded with their tracker
  • Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

As a last resource, I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Best Answer
Done all this as I have been trying all week. Still nothing. Not very happy
Best Answer
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have tried everything that you
have suggested and still no joy. I still think that the problem lies with
the most recent Fitbit update but I guess the only way that I will find out
whether it is that is when the next update. In the meantime I guess that
my computer is still happily updating my account so at least I can still
look at that. Unfortunately the computer is no where near as portable as
the phone but hey what can I do? Buy a Garmin perhaps. My wife has a
Garmin and is quietly laughing at my Fitbit woes.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @DanielTodd198 and @woodie555, I really appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot this! 

I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Thanks for confirming, anything that you need let me know. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer

Mine started working again last week!  I’m hoping it keeps on.

Best Answer

Having the same problem. Did you find a solution if so please send a link. Thank you. 

Best Answer
I ahe not found a solution. I discharge for a few days, then recharged for.
Whole day. It connected once, but waill will not continue to sync. Battery
died with in a day as well. Not sure what happened. It worked great and
then it didn't. No explanation or event that would have caused it to no
work.
Best Answer
Many thanks.
I tried turning my Surge off then restarting and it has worked.
Hold bottom left and bottom right buttons for 10 to 15 seconds leave for 10 seconds then restart (top right button I think).
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I am getting fed up. I have done everything to try and get it to sync but
nothing. It's very frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes