Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two year old Surge not always syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately my surge will not sync automatically. In order for it to sync I ha e to remove it from my account and then re connect as if I was addi g it for the first time. I get it to sync, then it will not xontcont to sync. I feel I have the setting g correct as I have been using this for 2+yrs with not issue.  Thoughts?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Same issues as I have read above, and very frustrated with Fitbit Surge. It "used" to work fine.

Won't sync

Band is bubbled

I can't even get a four digit code to register to Iphone

Best Answer

Hi,

Nothing helps anymore, I spend hours to try and sinc my info, waste of time. We did try everything!

I'm looking at the Garmin 935, I can't go on like this anymore!

Best Answer
They what me to pay for a new one. Find it odd that it's a software
problem. Sounds like Apple slowing phones down, so we go out and buy new
ones.
Best Answer

I've had this issue with my Surge also.  It was fine one minute and the next it wasn't.  I'm already on my replacement Surge which I've had for a year.  I've tried all the steps recommended and it still will not pair to my iPhone 8 Bluetooth.  Now I can't even use it as a watch because the time is incorrect.  Very frustrated and thinking of giving up on Fitbit altogether.

Best Answer
Agree, this is a waste oftime. The Garmin looks more durable as well.
Best Answer

Well there is clearly an issue but the just want us to buy a more up to
date fitbit. So we can line the pockets of the ones at the top

They do. but having paid out for this I want do it again. It's just a joke.
The fitbit it's self is fine it's the software

Best Answer
You were right about the software. Have just downloaded the update and now
have a fully functioning Surge.
Best Answer
Not yet but I'll give it a try thank you. I'll tell you tonight
Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thanks for following the suggestions for iOS, Android and Windows platforms. If you have the Wireless Dongle you can also try to use the Fitbit Connect program to double check if your Surge will response. 

Please note that it's important to have your phone OS and Fitbit App updated to the last version. If you already exhausted all steps, it will be best to get the help from support. Let me know so I can open a case for you if needed. 

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Sounds as though you have the same problems as many of us. 

I am now trying turning my Fitbit off every couple of days, this seems to be working. 

Mir appears from what I have read the problems we are experiencing are due to the software within our Fitbit’s. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your feedback @JogOn17 and for all the steps that you've tried. What model of phone are you using? Have you tried these syncing steps.

If that doesn't work let's check some requirements that your phone and Surge should have in order to successfully communicate:

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

I'll be glad to help you out with this.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

After not even trying to syncfor. Month. I charged and reconnected. It worked.  Hopefully it continues to sync. I'll keep all posted

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  2 year old surge, IphoneX.  It has been working well.  On the 8th it stopped syncing.  I've gone through all the recommended steps, multiple times and it still won't sync.

I started with the fitbit flex, then on to the Charge, when the band broke I went to the ChargeHR, when that band broke I bought the Surge.  Is Fitbit even making the Surge anymore...I don't see it on the products page?

I am so disgusted with it.  I am ready to give it up.

Trisha

Best Answer

Update. It updated once, battery died in one day. I'm back to not being able to sync.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues - Fitbit service desk not very helpful at all, just offer discounts on a replacement watch

Best Answer

Hi @Gary-miller906@trjessee and @DaveAB thanks for getting back and for sharing the feedback. 

@Gary-miller906 thanks for trying those steps. What model of phone are you using? Have you tried to sync with a different device? I'd like to check some details with you.

@DaveAB welcome to this thread! Have you tried the suggested in this post?

@trjessee Thanks for sharing your experience. Fitbit Surge is not in the store anymore, you can find different models with the same features here. Sorry about the issues with your trackers. Have you check your options with our support team?

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
Yeah my Surge is back to not syncing. Will not sync on the computer
either. Am sick of this crap. Either fix the problem (no doubt software
again) or I go out and buy someone else's product. My patience with Fitbit
is rapidly running out

Chris Wood
Best Answer

Thanks for reporting this @woodie555.

I really appreciate your patience while we're working on solving the issues with the Fitbit App. In this case, as you're having issues with the computer, I'd suggest to get back with our support team to explain that your Surge is not syncing with a computer as well. Have you seen your stats using the Fitbit.com Dashboard?

Have you tried to sync your Surge using the Fitbit Connect instead the Fitbit App. It will require to use the Wireless Dongle, but if you have it around it might work. Remember to uninstall all Fitbit programs you might have in your computer before trying the Fitbit Connect.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
Hi and thanks for your post but I have given up on Fitbit and have now
bought a Garmin watch. I grew very tired of the Surge working for a week
or two and then dying and going through all the crap to get it working
again. I realise that Fitbit are no longer making the Surge but to abandon
people who have bought a product of theirs less than two years ago is a
company that I am no longer remotely interested in supporting.
Best Answer

I have done these steps TOO many times to count in the last two days. Yesterday my watches battery died on my hike. No biggie. But when I got it charged up I realized it last synced on Sept 12th. Every time I force the watch to turn off I lose time on it. It shows the correct DATE. But not time and isn't syncing. 

I've had this issue in the past and always been able to rectify it. All firmware is up to date for app and device and use a Samsung 8 Android phone.. Usually when it won't sync it has the last sync date on my watch screen. But this time, the date is correct. But the time is off. Each time I turn off the watch to try to start over or jump start it per se … I lose a minute. My Surge is currently off time by 11 minutes. 

This is really frustrating. I just want it to work. 

I've done all of the noted multiple times and even removed the device. Now I can't even get it connected back to my app. This is infuriating. I've had this happen before but I can usually get it synced again quickly. This time around it just isn't responding. 

Best Answer