Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two year old Surge not always syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately my surge will not sync automatically. In order for it to sync I ha e to remove it from my account and then re connect as if I was addi g it for the first time. I get it to sync, then it will not xontcont to sync. I feel I have the setting g correct as I have been using this for 2+yrs with not issue.  Thoughts?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Hi @woodie555 and @DCivello thanks for getting back. 

@woodie555 I appreciate your feedback. We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we stopped selling Fitbit Surge a couple of months ago. We still continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals in the future. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

@DCivello Thanks for trying the suggested steps. But since this is not working, I've requested a case for you; our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Let me know if you have questions about it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hey there,

After long am writing again with lots of pain.

Already almost decided to change Fitbit surge for good.

For quite long surge is not syncing with my phone which is one plus 5t. The same was happened with Oneplus 3too.

Even I have informed Oneplus the same.

On daily basis I have to uninstall the app from my phone then install it again,pair it and them sync. Everyday the same course of action I have to do. You can understand my pain. I am using it since 2016 now.

Best Answer

Hey @Thecoolestwavee, nice to see you again. 

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried with your Surge. In order to have better results when syncing, your phone should be in our list of compatible devices. Also check your phone permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notification, for more info check thes steps. Other tips: 

• Go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.

Is your Surge able to connect with the Fitbit App via computer? You can check that too. As you love that much your Fitbit let's try all the possible options.

Let me know if you have questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer