Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surge won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't been able to get my surge to sync since 9 August. Have tried everything

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Revoking connection to strava and reconnecting restored the feed. So all of August rolled in in one go which was good. Advice came from Fitbit help desk so big thanks to them!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

When you say you've tried everything, does it include all of the following:

1. Reset the tracker three times in succession

2. Reboot the device you are trying to sync with

3. Delete the app then reinstall

4. Check you have the latest versions of software and app

5. Sync with a different device

6. Delete the Surge from your list of bluetooth paired devices on your phone/tablet, then pair again

7. Remove the Surge from your Fitbit account then install as if it were a new device.

If you've tried all the above, then customer support is your next option.

Hilary | UK

Charge, Aria, iPhone 4s, Mac

If this answer is helpful, please vote for it and/or mark it as a solution.

Best Answer

Same issues started last week whilst on vacation in Spain the Surge synced on arrival and updated time then suddenly stopped syncing and i am now stuck 6hrs+ time zone and bluetooth or App can't see Surge on iphone. very frustrated. 

Best Answer

@ADF71 wrote:

Same issues started last week whilst on vacation in Spain the Surge synced on arrival and updated time then suddenly stopped syncing and i am now stuck 6hrs+ time zone and bluetooth or App can't see Surge on iphone. very frustrated. 

Hey ADF71,

Aside from trying the suggestions listed above, try letting your battery drain completely, and then recharge. Sometimes that allows the watch to reset.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Hi @Byrnes and @ADF71 we are very happy to have you as a part of our members! Thanks for the help @Hilary55 and @Taylor61Heart

Sometimes syncing issues are related to battery issues! To help your surge to charge in a better way try to clean the contacts of your tracker regularly. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

And check these tips to improve the battery life of your Surge. How are you changing your Surge? We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker.

If your little buddy is not syncing after this, why don't you just let the battery to drain out completely @Hilary55 suggested! Then try to charge it and the try the restart a couple of times. Access to the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device to delete Fitbit Surge from there. Reboot your Bluetooth once again and try to reconnect your Fitbit as a replacement device from the Fitbit App: 

iOS: Account > Set up a device > Choose the option replace

Android: Main Menu > Devices > Tap on the (+) sign in the upper right corner > Replace your tracker

PC: Open Fitbit Connect > Set up a new device > Existing user > Replace tracker

Once your Fitbit syncs it will take the time that your mobile device is showing, if not check these suggestions to change the time zone!

Keep me posted! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Revoking connection to strava and reconnecting restored the feed. So all of August rolled in in one go which was good. Advice came from Fitbit help desk so big thanks to them!

Best Answer

Thanks for getting @Timote! This might help other user having same issues. Smiley Happy

If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other Fitbitters!

See you around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’ve tried all the suggestions I’ve read about. Rebooting, cleaning, disconnecting, reconnecting...seems like a lot of hassle just to get the Fitbit to sync. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and I just let it sit for 2 months. My question is: will Fitbit be releasing an update to remedy this issue, or will I just have to go through an hour-long 13 step process each time I want to sync my watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JarBar wrote:

I’ve tried all the suggestions I’ve read about. Rebooting, cleaning, disconnecting, reconnecting...seems like a lot of hassle just to get the Fitbit to sync. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and I just let it sit for 2 months. My question is: will Fitbit be releasing an update to remedy this issue, or will I just have to go through an hour-long 13 step process each time I want to sync my watch?

I've been down that hour long road myself..... extremely frustrating. I've discovered that simply force quitting the app and restarting always results in a good solid sync that usually corrects the time as well.

And my surge usually syncs fine the rest of the day after that. When you open the app your surge is going to auto sync..... it's a slow 2 part process, let it do it's thing, if you try and hit the sync now button it will fail..... 😞

Best Answer

Hope you're doing great guys! Thanks for join us @JarBarSmiley Happy

That's a great suggestion @Crazy-Fritter, thanks for that. Thank you for the feedback about Fitbit Surge, I'd like to know what model of phone you're using. Have you tried to sync with a different device to confirm that your tracker is working properly? Please confirm that your phone and Fitbit App is up to date, also that your tracker is restarting, since usually those issues are solved after the restart. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

I had same problem after last update deleting Strava solved it trouble is now how do I share my routes and times with my mates

Best Answer

Hey @Wyldwiisel, nice to see you around! Thanks for your feedback and for confirming this information. About sharing your Fitbit stats, you can check this article to see if this helps: Can I share my Fitbit stats and accomplishments?

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Best Answer

just lost 2 hours to sync my surge.

Unpairing BT and pairing again plus surge shutdown worked..

Best Answer

Hey there @arienos! Welcome to the Family. Smiley Happy

Wow! That's a lot of time, thanks for all the steps that you've tried to troubleshoot this. Good thing is that it was able to sync again. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Hope you don't have more issues with it, if not keep me posted. 

Best Answer

Having trouble syncing 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Wendyfun, nice to see your face here. Sorry for the time I took to response.

I'll do my best to help you out wit this. Please confirm that your Fitbit App and phone are up to date first, then you can follow these steps:

1. Force quite the App and turn off your phone
  2. Open Fitbit App, go to Account (upper right corner) > Delete Fitbit tracker from the Account
  3. Open the Bluetooth Setting on your phone and delete Fitbit tracker from there too
  4. Reboot Bletooth to make sure tracker is not there
  5. Restart your tracker  a couple of times and Access back to Fitbit App > Account to set up your Fitbit tracker back
  6. Turn on notifications

If this is not working you will find other steps here: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? This should solve any syncing issue that you're having, please keep me posted on the resolution! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Surge quit syncing on December 31st.  Guessing it didn't want any New Year Resulations!! Like you, I have tried everything I can think of, and now it no longer even shows up on my dashboard!

Best Answer

Hi @TookyR welcome the Forums!

Thanks for the steps that you've tried until now. If you already check all the steps suggested here: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Please let me know, so I can request a case for you. Out team will be happy to keep assisting you. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So all tricks tried with my surge: restart 3x, uninstalled app, forgot device on bluetooth.
Even weirder, I "add new device" it asks to enter 4 numbers shown on device - the device shows the numbers, I enter them and it then it tries sycing for awhile then says Not Working?... and gives 3 useless suggestions. The phone knows the device is there, the app can communicate with the device. I have no clue other than this is some sort of software bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes