Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch with Fitbit Dashboard?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like many, I bought an apple watch.  However, most of my friends still have fitbits and therefore are using the dashboard to keep track of stats.

Is there any official way to sync the apple watch steps to the fitbit dashboard? I do see some third party apps that may do this, but it's not promising.

Thank you.

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

thanks for a solution, upon reading the application information, you can not compete in fitbit challenges. That defeats the entire purpose of getting apple activity to fitbit app.    I like the fitbit app to compete.  

Apple and Fitbit need to talk and start thinking about consumer needs first. 

Best Answer
Yeah, that could happen.
Best Answer

How does this work? I have downloaded the app and it does not work

Best Answer

It was not good. I stopped using it.  I got my money back from Apple.

fitbit does not work with Apple watch. Use stridekick   A decent app. Can compete with Apple watch and Fitbit users

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg! How can I make these posts stop! I want to delete this post! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Um, you could just unsubscribe from the thread.

Best Answer

I received an Apple Watch for Christmas and I am having bad withdrawals not wearing my fitbit. I've downloaded all three of Sync Solver and nothing has worked.. any help... please 

Best Answer
Sorry to say, I’ve had to “cut ties” with all my FitBit pals! Apple Watch is amazing, though! You will love it.
Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I stopped Fitbit. Get stridekick.  You can compete with Fitbit people. It is device independent. Though I have learned some Fitbit devices are too sensitive and show more steps and miles than reality.  Just accept the variances in algorithms and you will be happy. Apple Watch is way better

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stopped Fitbit. Get stridekick.  You can compete with Fitbit people. It is device independent. Though I have learned some Fitbit devices are too sensitive and show more steps and miles than reality.  Just accept the variances in algorithms and you will be happy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much for all the info ! I downloaded Stridekick last night and asked my buddies to join in ...not any yet haha! Thanks I’ll just keep on competing with myself 😃

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I had the same issue. The feedback I received says that the app will sync
steps (confirmed) but those steps will not count towards challenges like
the work week hustle or weekend warrior. This has been requested of Fitbit
but if I had to guess, they will never do it because then everyone would
just use Apple watch and stop buying Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Barrier for entry for the Apple Watch is much higher since they are more
than double or triple the price of all fitbits.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That is very true and exactly why I had two fitbits before owning my first
apple watch. It would be great if I could participate in the workweek
hustle again but I'm not holding my breath. I think what made me finally
get a watch was to track my other exercises better. I have a row machine,
elliptical, and bike which I was unable to track with the fitbit. The main
focus should really be calories over steps but again, fitbit has a much
lower entry barrier and appeals to walkers.
Best Answer
0 Votes
But that is why I am optimistic. People who weren’t going to buy an Apple
Watch aren’t likely to abandon Fitbit based on adding this functionality
for the Apple watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So true !!!! So sad too haha

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes o had two Fitbit’s also. Was really wanting to go with the Apple Watch and all its capabilities but do miss my FBit companions and challenges too. Thanks for all your help !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The new Fitbit costs more than the cheapest Apple Watch and the cheaper Fitbits don’t last well so Fitbit end up replacing them several times under warranty (the Charge HR that was my final warranty replacement for my Charge is breaking but I still use it for sleep tracking; force of habit as the Watch would do the job).

I'm still taking part in challenges using an old Fitbit One but when I lose that I’ll stop (or just use Mobile Track). The One has the advantage of being much more accurate at actually counting steps than the Charge (a disadvantage in terms of challenges, as accurate equates to far fewer steps) and is out of sight in my pocket. More than half my Fitbit friends are inactive now though so I wouldn’t  miss the challenges too much now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your phone’s in your pocket most of the time just use MobileTrack. The drawback is that you only get credited with steps your phone picks up which means if you go out for a walk or run without it the steps won’t appear on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mobiletrack in the fitbit app?
Best Answer
0 Votes