Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch with Fitbit Dashboard?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like many, I bought an apple watch.  However, most of my friends still have fitbits and therefore are using the dashboard to keep track of stats.

Is there any official way to sync the apple watch steps to the fitbit dashboard? I do see some third party apps that may do this, but it's not promising.

Thank you.

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

The fitbit app in an phone can track activity. So if you were to download fitbit app into the apple watch wouldnt the watch track the same activity that a phone would? Just a theory?

Best Answer

I was wondering about that. If you were to set up the mobile tracker in your fitbit app on an apple watch, would it have the same effect? It seems logical. 

Best Answer

Hello @OptimusPrime@phillymacNC@cgarcia4039 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @vkob.

SyncSolver is just a workaround and should be listed in the App Store without using a different category, although I'm not sure if this will change based on locations. 

@cgarcia4039 In this case you  are referring to the MobileTrack MobileTrack that let you use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit tracker by using specifically your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. So this won't be compatible with the Apple watch.

Since is just a workaround it wont be possible to use all the features with the Fitbit app and the Fitbit tracker. So far  we don't have immediate plans to integrate the Fitbit app with Apple watches since these are different technologies, although If this is something in which you're interested, please visit this feature suggestion and contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let our us know what you'd like to see in the future!

See you until the next one!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
There is no Fitbit app available for Apple Watch that I'm aware of.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure you can put a mobile track on the Watch. I have not seen this option.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sync Solver is NOT the answer if you want to participate in challenges.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also would love to wear my watch during the day and Fitbit at night. But I can't work out how to do this so my steps during the day show up on my Fitbit at night 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @Ansmith. Welcome aboard @sheabutter@Vsing and @Lisab84.

@Lisab84 please refer to my previous reply for more details about MobileTrack and SyncSolver along with the suggested integration with Apple Watch.

@Ansmith, you are right about MobileTrack is not possible to use on your Watch. Note that these are different brands and there are no plans for an immediate integration.

@sheabutter, Sync Solver is a workaround that enable to syncs your steps across the two platforms, however the functionality relies in the most basic, not allowing to enjoy the additional features that provide the Fitbit Dashboard. I was in contact with support about the issue you experienced with your tracker and it seems you have received assistance already.

To enable the MobileTrack feature in case you still need to know that is very easy, although it will depend if the phone is compatible. In the case of iOS the majority of devices are compatible with this feature.  So just log into the app and tap or click the Account iconUser-added imageChoose the option for setting up a new device and follow the MobileTrack instructions.

Catch ya later until the next time.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so wrong.  So basically you have no plans to ever integrate your fit bit software with the Apple Watch.  So basically I have no interest in your fit bit community anymore.  I paid 2.99 to get the sync solver software and this does not work with the Apple Watch.  Oh well guess I learned something.  The fit bit is on its way out if you will not work with Apple.  Apple is not ever going anywhere so good luck with a product that openly shuns it!!

Best Answer

Same here - had a surge. 

strap caused skin irritation and was close to breaking.  No easy replacement.  got Apple Watch no irritation, loads more functionality.   

Best Answer

Am I correct this really isn't going to work? I've been wearing both an Apple Watch and a Fitbit One for a while but it's looking like my Fitbit may have died today and I see no need to replace it. 

Ive turned on mobile sync but that only tracks steps from my phone which usually isn't in my pocket. 

Do do I give up? Or is there something that actually works. All I'm looking to Track is the friends and sharing data between us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK I was not so unhappy about the Fitbit. But I got an Apple watch for my birthday.

So I've paid 3+ € for sync solver and I can never get the Fitbit dashboard to display my steps. I know sync solver does synchronize from health as I can see it in the activity, but the dashboard only displays Calories and I do not know where to add the steps back. Can you please advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, it seems that the solver counts the steps twice (the ones from the fitbit phone tracker and the ones from my apple watch health app). did anyone have the same issue? and how did you solve it? thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, Fitbit will not talk to Health to give you your steps for challenges. I had the same problem. The challenges on Fitbit are sooooo much better!

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. —Aldous Huxley
Best Answer
0 Votes

I no longer own the Apple Watch. I returned it, but I can't delete this post.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

After being a faithful FitBit-er for two years and sweating 3 Chargw HR’s to death I made the reluctant switch to an Apple Watch. While I am over the moon about my technology I do miss my community, specifically the challenges . I came on here to see what can be done to get me back in the loop and am incredibly saddened to find after three pages of reading and multiple app false hopes, I am now shunned from the platform that started me on my path.

Before I get a moderator response that reads like a script “welcome to the community” “thanks for your interest” “No intention to integrate at this time” “please post this and vote where the engineers will see it” Just roundfile that response.  This kind of “us VS them” thought is how we ended up in the political mess we’re in now. 

I am obviously no longer welcome in this community I inhabited and supported.

I won’t be back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Uhhhhhhh?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Meant to post rather than respond. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sync works well however your steps will not count towards challenges. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this app also sync up other workouts besides steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes