Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Google Fit app be linked to Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to connect my Fitbit Flex to the Google Fit app that just came out yesterday?  I just downloaded Google Fit yesterday just so I can try it out and it said that it would connect with 3rd party apps but cannot find a way to connect the Fitbit to it.

Any help anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity / Personal data removed.

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Hey everyone! Woman Wink I agree with you that it would be cool to have an integration with Google Fit, in order to make your voice heard please visit our Feature Request board, vote and comment on the existing idea.

Keep voting, see you around!

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

You can export all Fitbit data to Google Fit (with very fine precision).

If you don't mind a few extra steps, try this - https://github.com/praveendath92/fitbit-googlefit/

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this tip here @praveendath92, I'm sure a lot of users will be interested! 

I noticed that you are new in the Community, welcome! I encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look!  

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this not implemented TWO YEARS after it was first pointed out?!

Best Answer

I hope they will integrate it soon! Cheers

Best Answer

@CindyFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone!  I agree with you that it would be cool to have an integration with Google Fit, in order to make your voice heard please visit our Feature Request board, vote and comment on the existing idea.

Thanks so much for sharing the voting link!

Best Answer

@CindyFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone! Woman Wink I agree with you that it would be cool to have an integration with Google Fit, in order to make your voice heard please visit our Feature Request board, vote and comment on the existing idea.

Hi Cindy, 

This is a good, helpful link - but when people post here, they actually get responses from someone like you representing FitBit. That link you shared has 24 pages of comments, people asking for well over 3 years for this integration as well as some sort of progress update, and not one single comment from a moderator or FitBit dev. How can we actually get someone to respond?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's why I didn't even post there. It's clear it won't happen and they don't give a <insert curse word of your choice here>.

Best Answer

Can't believe i just bought a fitbit and it doesn't sync with Google Fit!! I've been using Google Fit since it started and then used a Mi Fit band (S$30, which syncs) but lost it..So i 'upgraded' to a fitbit and totally assumed it would be that and even better, but wow...What a letdown...

Best Answer

For everyone complaining that you can't connect with either Google Fit or Apple Health, please go to Google and Apple to complain (or any other app company). Fitbit provides an open and free API for the developers of 3rd party apps to utilize to integrate their apps with your Fitbit data. Fitbit does not develop these integrations on their own. It is up to the 3rd parties to determine if they will use the API and what info they will allow to flow freely between Fitbit and their apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I won't be using my fitbit for long without integration with Google fit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner wrote:

For everyone complaining that you can't connect with either Google Fit or Apple Health, please go to Google and Apple to complain (or any other app company). Fitbit provides an open and free API for the developers of 3rd party apps to utilize to integrate their apps with your Fitbit data. Fitbit does not develop these integrations on their own. It is up to the 3rd parties to determine if they will use the API and what info they will allow to flow freely between Fitbit and their apps.

That's the thing, Fitbit is a 3rd party to the big fishes which are Google and Apple, so they won't come to Fitbit to please let them integrate their services to the 3rd party watch.

Best Answer

Hi,

I wrote a small tool to address Fitbit to GoogleFit sync. Check it out -  https://github.com/praveendath92/fitbit-googlefit/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @CindyFitbit. Could you perhaps mark it as an "Accepted solution"? I mean, for the tool https://github.com/praveendath92/fitbit-googlefit/

Best Answer
0 Votes

don't think Fitbit's API is really the answer. It really just exports the data with some serious limitation added. By now, I am pretty sure and the rest of you should be too that integration with Google Fit is a commercial decision rather than a technical one. And I don't see Fitbit giving up their hoard of data any time soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is crazy how they still refuse to do this! This is the one and only train I still don't use fitbit. I actually bought a unit and when I found out there is no Google fit integration it went straight back.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree Fitbit should look at the big picture and integrate with Google fit,  it enlarges the pie.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a charge HR for the last year.  Was time to get a new tracker.  I will never buy another fitbit.  Bought a RUNME tracker instead. Cheaper and more feature rich than my old HR.  Does not leave burns on my wrists. And tracks sleep the way my HR did before FIT Bit removed the sleep percentage functionality from the HR.  Unfortunately this was my prime reason for purchaseing the HR and fit bit, after taking my money for this functionality, took the functionality away.  I asked for my money back but since it had been over a year, they said too bad. Fit Bit does not care about its customers so I am no longer one of them.

By the way, RUNME tracker absolutely synches with Google Fit.

Best Answer

I dumped Fitbit years ago when they screwed thousands of people out of their discount from the FIRST model they put out which burned everyone's wrists. This company used to care, now they are too big and don't give a flying flip about you or your wants. Shut up and but our new model with less options than the last. I still have the aria scale which kinda sorta still works, off and on... but yeah without Google Fit integration it's pretty much a worthless pile to me, much like this company as a whole.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! I have 2 generations of fitbit, by the end of the year I will have the third or my first Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes