Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developed a Way to Sync from Non GPS Activities to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

i have made a web app that upload Fitbit NON GPS activities to Strava.

If you want to use go to https://www.fittostrava.com

At this moment it's a first release, so tell me if it works fine.

Thank you.

Marco

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Just learned about your app from https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/09/how-to-get-fitbit-non-gps-activities-to-strava.html to be able to sync my swim activity to Strava.

But it seems like the app is not showing the swimming activity for the day I went. It shows the walk to the pool before and after, but not the swim itself.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues. I used this app for weeks and I love it, but it stopped working about a week ago 😭.

Hopefully it’ll start working again soon. 🤞🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll add another call to @shppotta to open source this app for transparency and so other interested devs can help maintain it.

Best Answer

Hi Tomas,

it does not work yet?

Try to log out and log in both in to Ftbit and Strava again.

Best Answer

@shppotta Could you at least reply to the repeated offers of help/requests for you to open source this project with an explanation of why you're opposed to doing so?

In the meantime, I don't recommend anyone use this app, as convenient as it may be. You're sharing your personal data with someone who refuses to be transparent about how they are using that data. It seems very shady that he refuses to share the source code for something like this--a very common practice in the software development community.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

As you may know, currently only GPS activities recorded from your Fitbit device will sync to Strava. You can find more details about this here. I understand you'd like to have other activities synced on that app and appreciate your thoughts about this. In addition to the suggestions shared in this thread, I'd encourage you to vote this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board. This will help our developers to keep tracking its demand over time.

We want our Fitbit Community to be a place where users can come to share their feedback and stories in a positive and conducive manner, so please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when posting. Every feedback is always welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately not. I tried logging out of both Strava and Fitbit like you suggested, but still no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this today with fitbit luxe. The fitbit exported fine to the app but when I did export to strava it said it had…but it hadnt. Do I need to set something up in Strava? What? Where? Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi dobinson,

you have not to set up anything in Strava, you have only to log in both to Fitbit and Strava.

FitToStrava syncs the activities only those tracked automatically or those tracked by the device itself.
So, the activities tracked manually are not synchronized, perhaps are you in this case?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the  reply. I was only using fitbit activities that it tracked automatically (I don’t track any manually - not sure what you mean by that?). All the activities pulled through to the FittoStrava App but when I selected the non-GPS ones I then wanted to add to Strava, the App doesn’t then export them to Strava.
Anything further you can advise?
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I tried it today with my fitbit charge 4 on a lap pool swim as the fitbit can't do gps swim. I also ran using GPS. Your app grabbed my GPS run, but doesn't list my NON GPS swim... So it didn't work for me. I'm so disappointed with fitbit charge 4, for having almost everything else gps trackable but not swims. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish Strava adds support for Android's new HealthConnect

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco

I've been using fittostrava for the last few months and it's saved me going out and replacing my Fitbit with a Garmin.

Last 2 days though I am unable to export to Strava. I get an error page saying the request can't he handled.

Can you take a look?

Best Answer

Same here I hope google did shut it down that would be very not smart of them to ruin something like this. If this problem continues it will be the end of FitBit 

--------

sorry I meant to say I hope they didn’t shut the website down 

Best Answer