Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit not linking with myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit and myfitnesspal will not sync or link together. Every time I try to link them the Fitbit website says 'it's not you, it's us' and explains and internal server issue. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the apps but it hasn't worked. Any suggestions welcome please! It's annoying me that myfitnesspal isn't recording all the steps I'm doing.
Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105
My fitness adjustment is not showing. I am trying to reconnect the two apps. When I click allow I get an error that says "sorry it's us not you and that you are having internal server problems". It's been that way for several days
Best Answer

Allow me to help you @kellen1965! I just tried to connect Fitbit with MyFitnessPal and I was able to do the procedure. However, I noticed that you posted from your iPhone and you may be using your mobile device to link both apps. 

I would like you to try connecting both apps using your computer. To do so: 

- Go to MyFitnessPal > click on apps 

- seach for Fitbit > click on connect > get started 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thanks, I rellogged into my Fitbit and I was then able to connect.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
When I received my Charge HR yesterday, I immediately set it up with MyFitnessPal and all worked well for few hours. Then, I noticed steps were not syncing and MyFitnessPal read zero Fitbit steps. I proceeded to revoke permission with Fitbit, then remove and reset both apps. Now, Fitbit will not allow connection with MyFitnessPal. It says it's Fitbit's issue, not mine, an internal server error, but this has been going on for close to a day. I believe I've tried everything on both apps and websites as well as shutting down my phone (an iPhone 6s). Is someone able to offer some help/suggestions? I'm usually fairly good at this "stuff," but I'm stumped! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KimmiK

Have moved this thread from the Charge HR to the Third Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Missslater86 A warm welcome to the Community! I've seen various users saying that they are having an issue while trying to link Fitbit with MyFitnessPal. However, I was checking in MFP website to see if there was any bug about it but I couldn't find anything. 

I tried to do the procedure and I was able to get it working. Could you confirm that you're doing this linking procedure

Also, another user mentioned that she just logged out of the Fitbit Dashboard and after that she was linked both accounts. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
I haven't been able to sync my Fitbit and MFP. I've tried revoking access on Fitbit webpage and then reconnect it on MFP website. However, "it's not you its us" error message keeps popping and I can't seem to connect Fitbit and MFP. Anyone knows how to solve this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. It's not myfitnesspal with the bug, it's the Fitbit website, it says there's an internal server issue when I try to allow access for myfitnesspal. I am using the correct linking procedure and I have logged in and out, and reinstalled the apps. It still doesn't work unfortunately!
Best Answer
Same. Any feedback?
Best Answer
0 Votes
No feedback yet. Must be a server problem. Had the same problem yesterday with runtastic. This started working again after a few hours.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm finding the same. Is it an issue with the android app I wonder? Yesterday I logged into both websites, revoked access then tried to re-link but this failed and I got a message about the internal server error. I then went onto my phone ane reconnected from there and it worked but then, today, the apps are not syncing again despite me having to restart my phone for another unlinked issue. I am loathed to do what I had to do yesterday to re-link again. It's frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, I've noticed that an exercise I have entered into My Fitness Pal appears on my Fitbit app but there are no Fitbit steps appearing on My Fitness Pal. Perhaps it's a MFP app issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here- I keep getting the same problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Missslater86 @Pattiy888 A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for the details that you've mentioned. MyFitnessPal mentioned that they were having issues. In case you're still not getting the correct data from MFP you can try unlink and relink both accounts to see if it starts working. 

To do so: Go to your MFP account > click on apps > find Fitbit > disconnect. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you dosconnect and then try to reconnect we get an error from fitbit's website.
Best Answer
@SilviaFitbit that was a tweet from yesterday about their website; an unrelated issue.

I just got my first fit bit today and this is extremely frustrating. Everyone is saying the issue is FitBits website issue but it doesn't seem to be being understood.

I had it synced and because it wouldn't sync steps to MFP I uninstalled and now Fitbit website gives errors if I try to connect.

First day with this thing and already frustrated.
Best Answer
I've been unable to connect my charge HR to my MFP app.
It used to be connected but then I stopped using my FB for a few months and when I came back it wasn't syncing.
I deleted the app and now I can get it to connect at all.
I went to FB and 'evoked access' and now when I try to link them the FB website is giving me a 'it's not you, it's us' error.
Can anyone help please?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Right past authentification it kept sending me to fitbit.com/oauth. If any of you guys run into the problem when trying to connect MFP with Fitbit through your mobile devices, try doing it from the MFP website using a computer. It worked for me right away, but for the changes to take effect, you'll also have to log out of Fitbit on your phones and then log back in.

Best Answer