Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Myfitnesspal not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I fitbit and myfitnesspal haven't synced in a week. I've tried uninstalling both apps, disconnecting fitbit and myfitnesspal on each app and reconnecting and still nothing! Using blaze and Samsung s7......PLEASE HELP!!!!
Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Okay so for the last couple of days the data I have entered into mfp (weight, food, sometimes exercise) have not showed up on my fitbit dashboard like it usually would. The steps are being tracked but won't show up in mfp either. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the two already, this does not seem to work. Please help!

Best Answer
I have just purchased the new charge 2 HR, but I don't seem to be able to sync my new Fitbit to MFP. It says synced, but it synced to my old clip on Fitbit. Any ideas or help please. X
Best Answer
0 Votes
I lost my charger and wasn't wearing my Alta for a few days then once I started wearing it again, noticed that on the fitbit app its not syncing with myfitnesspal , just says 0 cals consumed when I've filled my meal diary out already.
Best Answer

Hello @Laura82 MFP connects to your account not your tracker. 

Is your Charge 2 syncing with the same account that your old tracker synced to? I'm not sure why the word "old" was put in the subject line. 

My thoughts are, that it has nothing to do with your tracker, unless you created a new fitbit account and would follow the steps @AndrewFitbit has provided here.

Since I'm seeing a lot of threads saying that MFP is not syncing I'm wondering if it is a problem between MFP and Fitbit, maybe Andrew can have somebody look into this link. 

Best Answer

@PrincessPusheen where you able to get MFP straightened out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am exsperiencing same problem. It worked fine till 5 days ago. fitbit food database is appoling for the company size
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey my friend @jharrison2004, thanks for stopping by! Before moving to a different suggestions, I was wondering, did you already tried all the recommendations that my friends have shared into this thread? Would you mind to let me know what steps you've done? Did you try the last suggestion that @SilviaFitbit mentioned here?

I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the reply. i tried to unlink and uninstall both apps, if this
is what you asking.
Thank you for looking at it. i just got to the gear to record everything on
MFP and it stop working. i also contacted MFP team no respose from them yet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for the update my friend @jharrison2004! Well, let's wait to see what they say to figure out where the issue is coming from. 

Don't forget to share with us the outcome, it may help other users too! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.. No problems with the two apps until around 5 days ago. Exercise data is not being pulled from FB into MFP and is just logging as 0. Uninstalled/reinstalled/disconnected nothing's helping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm very sorry to hear this is also happening to you @oddcod! Would you mind to answer the questions I've made here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

Yes, I tried the usual fixes and now see that MFP have a ticket on this for a fix so thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's also still useful to post here, follow the topic and get updated when things are fixed too! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help, but it still didn't work.  I even chatted online with Fitbit and they couldn't figure it out either.  Said it may be a problem with My Fitness Pal.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many in this forum have tried all of the steps that keep getting suggested and still have had no success. There is obviously something wrong that occurs with updates....I thought I'd give it one more go around to see if anything had changed. Sorry to say, I give up...I've been using the fitbit tracker and while it didn't have as much going for it add the myfitness app, it does consistently work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have unlinked Fitbit and Myfitnesspal from both apps and then relinked and step/exerices still not syncing.  Food & water is however syncing from Myfitnesspal to fitbit. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did nothing new after months of frustration and following all of the blather about "unsync this....delete this, etc...etc..." and about three weeks later I casually glanced and saw everything syncing. Weird, but I'll take it!!

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and what worked for me was this:

• Log -in to MFP online
  • Click on Exercise and then Settings
  • Click on Enable Negative Adjustments and Save

Once I did that, my MFP app started tracking calories burned that were tracked through my Fitbit and all is good. Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App
Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem here, it was fine before. 

Suddenly stop syncing from 22/9 & I just notice now.

(Since i normally only check my weight & food in MFP,

while exercise progress in Fitbit)

Best Answer
0 Votes

i’m using the iphoneX with a blaze and every single answer hasn’t worked for me.... my dashboard doesn’t look anything how it’s being explained, it won’t even let me unconnect from myfitnesspal, i’m seriously starting to get EXTREMELY annoyed to the point where i don’t want to use this stupid thing. the calorie counter on the fitbit is just NOT GOOD it will change numbers when i’m looking at the exact nurturing fact, it won’t let me pick my own measurements even if it’s how it explains it on the package of something!!!!! please help as nutrition and counting my calories is my only struggle, before i get rid of my fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes