Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Strava slow at syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit charge 2 and strava are so slow at syncing recently. They used to sync straight after my runs but now it can take up to a day before they sync?

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Are you saying that your Charge 2 is having trouble syncing to your Fitbit account? 

Or is it that your Fitbit account is having trouble syncing with Strava? 

A slow sync of the tracker to the Fitbit account will cause a delay to Strava, which can not sync until the tracker does. 

Best Answer

@Orla23 It's nice to have you on board! There was an issue yesterday with Strava but as far as I know it should have been resolved, are you still having issues with the sync between the two accounts? If the issue still persists or is a different one then please reply with the answer to @Rich_Laue's questions so we have more information and be able to help you.

I look forward to your reply.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

still not working. already disconnect/connect 2 times already. My Tuesday, Thursday, Friday activities are still not showing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem since about a week. I follow this topic 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it looks working now... can anyone confirm from their end?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had an issue with it not syncing now for a little while - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Strava-not-Syncing/m-p/2048859#M17799 - and I'm beginning to find it very annoying and unacceptable. Originally it seemed like my Alta HR would properly detect my rides with the data in Strava but for the last of of weeks it does nothing.

Best Answer

My fitbit and Strava are nog syncing anymore. Ik deleted the connection between them and tryed to re-connect, but that doesn't work. I even deleted both apps. I also asked Strava but they say that it is on fitbits account. 

Can you please Help?

Best Answer

UPDATE:  I think I figured out the problem.  Not only do you have to go through the reconnection process within the Fitbit app, but you need to first REVOKE access from Strava on the Fitbit website here:  https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/apps.  Then when you reconnect Fitbit and Strava it works.  Just tested it out and got the map and the mileage like I used to.  Hope this helps other.

I'm experiencing the same thing....

I tried to reconnect the two again this morning and did a little test run around my house to see if it worked.

Strangely, the mileage I did (.7 miles) showed up on the run in the Fitbit app, but there was no map associated nor did it show up in Strava.

It used to work perfectly and now doesn't seem to work at all...

Will keep following this thread in case someone finds a resolution.

BTW, I'm using a Charge 2 with Strava on a Samsung S7.

Best Answer

I also revoked access on the Strava site. But I can't get a New connection between fitbit and Strava 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

So even though I revoked both sides over the weekend it still seems by bike ride from this morning hasn't been synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone managed to fix it yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to be having the same problem. In strava app it says it's linked to Fitbit but not syncing over. Is there a way on the Fitbit app to see if it's linked to strava?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue. I have had no luck igetting them to synchronize faster. Any updates 

Best Answer

Also same issue. Nothing has worked and runs are taking 12hr to move from Fitbit to Strava. Disconnected, revoked access etc but same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even after disconnecting and reconnecting their is a huge delay. Fitbit and Strava need to quit pointing fingers and fix it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Jskco and good to see you around @Roseyp. My apologies for the late response. After reviewing this thread I found your posts did not received an official response.

You probably know this already, but at the time of your posts, we were experiencing some syncing issues with Strava and Fitbit accounts that were affecting our users as you reported before. This issue was addressed and at this moment should not persists. For more information, please refer to our dedicated thread: Resolved 5/14/2018: Syncing difficulties with Strava and Fitbit.

See you around and keep participating in the Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still not working. 2 weeks delay or so... do I have to change sth in my Fitbit account settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner there should not be any Fitbit account settings that need to be changed.

My thought would be to contact Strava and see if they know of a reason why the posting to Strava seems to be delayed.

When contacting I would include examples with the time the Fitbit event finished, the time  the tracker synced, and the time the event was posted on Strava. Of course you will want to include the date.

I'm also assuming that a sync was forced soon after the Fitbit event. This being your first post with no details I'm only giving general information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcoem to the Forums @SunsetRunner. Hello @Rich_Laue.

As @Rich_Laue mentioned, there is no need to change any settings. 

I would like to mention that our team is aware of a situation with Strava and it is being looked into. As soon as there are any updates we'll be sure to let everyone know. You can read more about it by clicking here.

If there are any further questions, please let us know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes