Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 5/14/2018: Syncing difficulties with Strava and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/14/2018: At this time the issue is resolved. I'll be closing this thread for further replies. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 5/9/2018: Hi Everyone- we are still looking into reports of Stava not syncing. Thanks again for your patience and reports.

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: I've let the team know that some users are still unable to sync Strava and Fitbit. I'll update the thread once I hear more. 

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: Hi everyone- this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your reports and patience. You may want to restart your device. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 05/07/2018: Hello everybody. We are aware of syncing difficulties between the Strava and Fitbit integration. Strava has addressed it here, and we are working to resolve this together with Strava as quickly as possible. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.

Moderator edit: labels

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

I have just tried to sync my Surge to Strava for the first time, buy it comes up with "statuscode:500 error"

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer

Hi there @Timkeyse, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? At what point of the integration shows this error? Would you mind to let me know if you are using your phone or a computer to connect your account?

For more help in the meantime, review this article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

Hope this helps. Otherwise, keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto

I follow the steps to connect fitbit to Strava. Once it asks what options to sync (activity, location, heart rate etc) then hit allow, it comes up with the error code previously mentioned. 

Regards

Best Answer

My wife and I are both experiencing the same error. I have an Ionic and she has a Versa.

After the "internal error 500" page is displayed, I go to the Fitbit website and see that it does have the authorization for Strava. I go to the Strava website and see also see the authorization for Fitbit.

Despite of that, information does not flow from one to the other, so something did indeed go wrong with the pairing operation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. After the error code Strava says it is connected but the info will not transfer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using the automatic sync to Strava for many months. (I have a Surge) The last successful sync was on Tuesday. Fitbit dashboard show the activity; Strava a few minutes later as expected.

However, today's activity has not sync'd after a few hours. Has something changed.

Best Answer

I've found that every few weeks the Fitbit service will stop syncing exercises to Strava. I can still export the TCX file (in the "..." menu on the Fitbit website, works with Chrome but not Edge on Windows) and import it on the Strava website. The only way to restore the automatic syncing for me is to revoke access on both sides and re-pair the services at strava.fitbit.com. I just did that again today, and I didn't encounter the HTTP 500 error. Maybe disconnecting and reconnecting the services would also help in this case too. Though, I wish the connection between the services would be more stable. I've had Zwift hooked up to Strava for four months now, and it's never had a problem.

Best Answer

Not had a problem before. Will give your suggestion a try. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here--I've been successfully syncing Fitbit to Strava for over a year now, but it's not working today--nothing shows in Strava.  I've revoked and re-established the connection twice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, its my first time using my flex 2 to record a run (from app of course). Prev with charge 2, it would link directly to strava but it isn't happening today. What can i do to sync it? both apps say they are linked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Run on Saturday synced fine but bike ride this morning hasn't and still isn't showing.

Contacted Fitbit and they said to deactive the link between my fitbit account and strava account - this hasn't made any difference.

I also tried deleting apps and reinstalling - again didn't help.

Contacted Fitbit a second time and they said that there is an issue at the moment between Fitbit and Strava sharing data which is why they syncing isn't working. The suggested that whilst this is being looked into I email Strava anyway to make them aware of the issue incase this can speed up a fix. Email has been sent so waiting to hear from them.

I have only had a fitbit for about 2 weeks so this isn't a great start, hopefully it all gets sorted quickly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for updating! 

In the meantime i downloaded my fitbit activity as tcx and uploaded to strava fine. I was concerned it would only take some of the data but it has updated my best efforts, etc! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I tried that about an hour ago but kept getting an error message saying I couldn't download. Will keep persisting though as I am sure whatever issue the Fitbit site has will get resolved a lot quicker than the Strava issues!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that the download only worked for me using Chrome (at least on Windows) and has been that way for the last couple months. In particular, it does not work with Edge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there Strava friends, thank you for keep me posted that the issue still persists and thank you for those newcomers that have mentioned the same issue is happening.

I'm wondering if you have tried the suggestion kindly shared by @BennyC in a previous post? Usually when an integration stop working, the best recommendation is to revoke the access and try to reconnect the accounts again to refresh the integration token.

I saw some of you already tried this and the issue still continue, however I would like to know if this s happening through the mobile app or through the web site? Is the issue limited to export data or is at the moment to sync information in general?

Please let me know more details and if its behavior change by trying the previous recommendation.

See you later and please keep me updated.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME

As mentioned previously, I've tried many times to delete and re-establish the relationship between Strava and Fitbit to no avail. The page, invariably, throws HTTP 500 Internal Error.

Using the mobile app bears no significance to the problem since all the mobile app does is hosting a browser window to complete the process. In that window, unsurprisingly, I also see the same HTTP 500 Internal Error.

Can Fitbit please start investigating the problem. This is clearly not an isolated case or user problem.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 05/07/2018: Hello everybody. We are aware of syncing difficulties between the Strava and Fitbit integration. Strava has addressed it here, and we are working to resolve this together with Strava as quickly as possible. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
It doesn't sync whether you use the app or website - both are failing.

Apps revoked and reinstated and still nothing.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think this should be marked as 'solved' until it the problem has actually been solved and rectified. The only thing that has happened is that Strava have agreed there is an issue but still no resolution as yet so far from 'solved'

Best Answer