Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 5/14/2018: Syncing difficulties with Strava and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/14/2018: At this time the issue is resolved. I'll be closing this thread for further replies. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 5/9/2018: Hi Everyone- we are still looking into reports of Stava not syncing. Thanks again for your patience and reports.

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: I've let the team know that some users are still unable to sync Strava and Fitbit. I'll update the thread once I hear more. 

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: Hi everyone- this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your reports and patience. You may want to restart your device. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 05/07/2018: Hello everybody. We are aware of syncing difficulties between the Strava and Fitbit integration. Strava has addressed it here, and we are working to resolve this together with Strava as quickly as possible. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.

Moderator edit: labels

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

Still having the same issue. Unlinked and relinked devices yesterday, no success.

You can manually post old recordings from Fitbit to strava. Log into accounts from browsers, download activity from Fitbit (make sure the file has .tcx extension) and then upload it to strava. 

Works good for me, but to much of a hassle to go through each time...

Charge 2, Strava, iPhone 8
Best Answer

Thanks for the info. I’ll do this one manually and hope it sorts itself out!! 

Best Answer

May 9 22:00 AEST - using Strava and Fitbit for iPhone with Fitibit Ionic - activities not syncing from Fitbit to Ionic for the last three days - have disconnected/reconnected sync; restarted apps; restarted devices. Seems quite a few people share this problem within the same timeframe.

Best Answer

Not sure how this is solved. As of this morning users are still having problems.

Best Answer

Exactly. As of this morning users are still having issues.

Best Answer

It hasn't. Users are still having issues.

Best Answer

Hi Kate, any update on this issue yet?

Best Answer

I also still cannot see my activities in Strava. Is there any update please? 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Kate, this still isn’t resolved, is it only ionic users that are affected?, friends are uploading activity immediately using Surge ... please can you post an update on this. Have loads of activity I want synchronised. Is there still some kind of backlog ?

thanks in advance.

Best Answer
I don't think it's just yours. I have charge 2 and that won't work either. Fitbit haven't provided an update for ages so not sure what's going on!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Some of my runs crossed over last night; today not working again.

Best Answer

Yes, I have FB Charge 2, so clearly multiple device models are affected. And annoying how they are declaring that the issue is solved, without asking actual affected users to confirm. 

Best Answer

I just completed an activity and it uploaded as normal to Strava. Will try another one shortly just to see if it works.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone- we are still looking into reports of Stava not syncing. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdsonFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 05/07/2018: Hello everybody. We are aware of syncing difficulties between the Strava and Fitbit integration. Strava has addressed it here, and we are working to resolve this together with Strava as quickly as possible.

@EdsonFitbit I'm a little confused, Fitbit is responsible for pushing GPS tracked activities to Strava:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.01.59 PM.png

My Garmin Edge 520 bike computer has synced almost 1000 rides over the last 2 years and 7 months. Garmin has reliably pushed rides to Strava for 31 months. Strava has a status page showing everything operational and lots of rides uploading (very few failures):

http://status.strava.com

From the authorization page (and knowing how oauth2 works), its pretty clear that Fitbit is responsible for pushing activities to Strava. Can you acknowledge Fitbit is aware of the issue? Thank you.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Ok, my morning ride is not posted yet... Will wait some more, but not encouraging so far...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here; I don't want to un-pair fitbit and Strava as I will lose the ride. This wouldn't be an issue of the Fitbit app provided better analysis; I wouldn't need Strava then. 

Best Answer

Is the syncronisation problem still not solved? Can not sync since monday? 

Best Answer

No It isn't; I don't think it's a Strava issue as I can see that friends who use other devices to record are posting on my feed.

Best Answer

Still not syncing - every time I post here it syncs though so trying again - maybe someone is manually entering them 🙂

Best Answer