Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 5/14/2018: Syncing difficulties with Strava and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/14/2018: At this time the issue is resolved. I'll be closing this thread for further replies. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 5/9/2018: Hi Everyone- we are still looking into reports of Stava not syncing. Thanks again for your patience and reports.

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: I've let the team know that some users are still unable to sync Strava and Fitbit. I'll update the thread once I hear more. 

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: Hi everyone- this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your reports and patience. You may want to restart your device. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 05/07/2018: Hello everybody. We are aware of syncing difficulties between the Strava and Fitbit integration. Strava has addressed it here, and we are working to resolve this together with Strava as quickly as possible. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.

Moderator edit: labels

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

Hi was wondering if there are any problems syncing with strava? I have a surge and it automatically uploads my activities to strava but not the last few days.

Best Answer
Yes people seem to have been having issues since Monday. Fitbit did say the problem had been solved earlier in the week but there still seem to be lost of people that cant sync from their fitbit to strava accounts so they are still looking in to it I believe.
Best Answer

Same issue as of 05/10 - Did a long ride last night, shows up fine in my Fitbit feed, but will not push over to Strava. 

My my big concern here is that I’ve heard people saying “If it’s not in Strava, it doesn’t count”. This then begs the question, did I even ride last night? Or was it just a dream?

Best Answer
Remember you can manually download the TCX file from the Fitbit website and upload it to the Strava website.

That’s what I did to stop the sleepless nights of worry.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you upload the tcx file through your phone as have no access to pc at the moment?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you can, but you have to do it through browser versions of both apps. Both downloading and uploading, so not very convenient.

Charge 2, Strava, iPhone 8
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did it on a computer but it looks like you can do it through your phone browser if you access the Fitbit website, download the TCX file and then access the Strava website and upload the file.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will you get double entries - or does it aggregate the 2 if the sync starts working ?

Best Answer

Especially if you are signed up to Strava challenges... 

Best Answer
I tried to upload the file twice and it spotted it was a duplicate, so hopefully it will realise when the feed starts working again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This remains an issue, i had a run "go through" after 24 hours the other day but today's is nowhere to be found on Strava.

Best Answer

@KateFitbit For some reason it only uploads yesterday's activities......

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer

My run was over 24 hours ago. I’ve revoked access numerous times and still nothing. Tried doing it manually on the phone but not going through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here.  My ride into work yesterday took ~hour to upload to Strava (usually completed within a few minutes of my fitbit sync).  My ride home and run never uploaded, so I had to import them by downloading the tcx first.  Same result for my ride in this morning.  So I revoked access to both Strava and fitbit this morning and reconnected.  I rode home and the ride has not uploaded after about 45 minutes of waiting. 

I'll keep using the workaround but this isn't solved yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased a versa and it is not syncing my runs that i track with the watch to my strava account. 

Best Answer
Seriously Fitbit where on earth is an update on this & when it's going to be resolved. After keeping us updated over the first day or so we seem to now have silence!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Currently finding it takes about 4 - 12 hours to sync.

Best Answer

Making connectivity stable vs having auto response to emails is far more important IMHO, really concerned about the reported issues in the new firmware upgrade, coincidentally this started being rolled out when all these sync issues started.

If the service was reliable, I would be happy to pay a subscription annually for the fitbit app as is the case for Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Manually entered yesterday’s rides last night. This mornings ride has just uploaded automatically three hours later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes