Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 5/14/2018: Syncing difficulties with Strava and Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/14/2018: At this time the issue is resolved. I'll be closing this thread for further replies. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 5/9/2018: Hi Everyone- we are still looking into reports of Stava not syncing. Thanks again for your patience and reports.

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: I've let the team know that some users are still unable to sync Strava and Fitbit. I'll update the thread once I hear more. 

Fitbit Update 5/8/2018: Hi everyone- this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your reports and patience. You may want to restart your device. If the issue still persists, try to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again.

Fitbit Update 05/07/2018: Hello everybody. We are aware of syncing difficulties between the Strava and Fitbit integration. Strava has addressed it here, and we are working to resolve this together with Strava as quickly as possible. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.

Moderator edit: labels

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

Just to add to this.

All of my GPS activities sync to Strava okay.  BUT, they do not appear on the Strava app on the watch (Ionic).

This has been happening for nearly two weeks.  It worked before that but has since stopped working.

So, to clarify... Activities sync to my Strava account, but do NOT show on the Strava app on the watch.

Matt | UK
A happy Ionic user (formerly Garmin Vivoactiv) and access to a hit-and-miss Versa
Best Answer

The last 2 days my activities synced after 10h give or take.

Best Answer

My fitbit is syncing with strava again! It came through this morning! It hasn't worked since Monday so glad it's fixed now.

Best Answer
My run last night synced almost immediately - looks to be back to normal now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

YAY ! syncing within minutes - situation normal.

Thanks guys for getting this sorted.

Best Answer
Proud for you guys! Mine still isn’t pushing over to Strava...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had had the same issue all week - revoked etc but still not syncing. The Strava app on the watch itself is also very out of date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having issues here too. Seems to be one thing after another with this lot, still waiting for another issue to be resolved after 2 months of no contact.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. No pushing through to strava for me today either.

Will keep posting this until actually resolved to keep this in the top. 

I honestly wonder what could be an issue, really, if manual uploads still work. This is probably some simple bug in the apps authorisations, because the process itself is so simple you could almost automate it with some marcos/script...

Charge 2, Strava, iPhone 8
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:  As of tonight my Strava activities for the last two weeks have finally been added onto my Ionic Strava app.  So, seemingly fixed now but will update again if it breaks.

Matt | UK
A happy Ionic user (formerly Garmin Vivoactiv) and access to a hit-and-miss Versa
Best Answer

Still not working for me. My commute to work didn't sync. And neither did my ride home. Although I did not give my ride home much of a chance before I manually imported the tcx files for both.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There was an update inside the fit bit app. Once I did that update all my
runs seamless connected. Not after the update my versa was left with a
green screen with the Fitbit logo in it. I had to rest the watch, hold down
left button and bottom right, . Everything was great after that.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just finished an afternoon run and synced to strava fine with just 15 mins wait. Thanks Fitbit/strava for sorting this out. Let's hope this is completely resolved now and no one else has any more issues!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm still having this problem with activities not syncing to Strava - is this still being fixed - what's happening? I can't even get manual downloads/uploads to work anymore!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@m.owl we are looking into this, though many are reporting the issue has been resolved. Have you tried unlinking the connection and setting up again

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Yes I have tried this numerous times and it hasn’t worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you see if there was an update inside the Fitbit app on your phone?
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no update available. The last update was 8th May, and since then I have not been able to sync activities to Strava. It’s not good enough - why is this taking so long?! These things should be tested before updates are released.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started syncing after the update. However I went on a run today and
the distance, elevation gain and pace we're way off. So there is apparently
still some bugs to work out. I have the Versa and am going to exchange it
for the Ionic in hopes of better performance.
Best Answer

Ok, Mine synced too today! Finally. Not sure if there was a fix, but here is the sequence of actions that I took:

1. Revoked sync/access authorisation on both apps (separately on strava and Fitbit). 

2. Kept apps unlinked for, I think, 12-14 hours.

3. Restated Fitbit Charge 2.

4. Authorised link between strava and Fitbit via https://strava.fitbit.com

Had a ride today synced within a couple of minutes, as previously.

In case it was the Fitbit / Strava guys who fixed it, thank you.

Charge 2, Strava, iPhone 8
Best Answer