Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is not syncing steps to Carrot Rewards App.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My steps are not syncing to my Carrot Rewards App.  Help states I should log into fitbit.com and under settings click applications and revoke Carrot Rewards rights then re-pair device - however when I log into fitbit.com I cannot locate this option. I have searched all settings etc. Help please 🙂

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

@Nfoster79wrote:
I had to remove both the carrot app and the Fitbit app from my phone. Once I downloaded both apps the Fitbit app asked me to allow to sync with carrot

Sent from my iPhone

Do you not lose any of your steps history from Carrot's Rewards app if you remove and reinstall?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn’t loose any of my history, but I didn’t really care at that point really, I just wanted it to work so I can get my rewards lol

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nfoster79wrote:
To uninstall both the Fitbit app and carrot app
Then once you download both, the Fitbit app asks you to share info with carrot

Sent from my iPhone

Which app did you install first?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant pair my charge 2 with carrot.  I have both apps downloaded however when I click on fitbit to pair in the carrot app the "allow" button is greyed out.. my only choice is "deny"

Best Answer

Tried this solution but it didn't work for me.  Perhaps it's because I am using an android (LG G4) and you are using an iphone?

Contacted carrot rewards about this issue, i bet they are flooded with the same problem lol

The auto response that I got was that they are experiencing a high volume of inquiries right now

Best Answer
Thank you for your help, guys but that did not work for me.
I can see that so many folks are experiencing this issue and find it
annoying that Carrot Rewards team is not really doing anything about it for
months. Highly disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nfoster79wrote:
I didn’t loose any of my history, but I didn’t really care at that point really, I just wanted it to work so I can get my rewards lol

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you for your help.

I tried it but did not work.  Doesn't matter which app I install.  Tried both ways but no changes.

I can see that so many people are experiencing this issue and it is obviously the issue from Carrot Rewards, not from Fitbit.

Carrot Rewards team must have been aware of this issue for quite some time, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Highly disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very disappointing!  The whole reason why i bought a fit bit in the first place was to get my carrot rewards and work out without having to carry my phone.  If they don't solve this issue i'm 100% going to return the fit bit.

Best Answer

@Elabbswrote:

Very disappointing!  The whole reason why i bought a fit bit in the first place was to get my carrot rewards and work out without having to carry my phone.  If they don't solve this issue i'm 100% going to return the fit bit.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m using an iPhone and I got this same reply as well.
It took them a little over a week to reply with thier solution

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yah, it took over a week to get a reply from them

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The post I read the other day, I think 3-4 days ago, stated that they where told that Carrot Rewards is aware of an android issue and is working on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  I just bought a Charge 2 last night, and can not click accept to pair it to carrot. What a disappointment.  I hope they fix it soon. It appears, through much internet searching, many people with the charge 2 are having this exact issue with carrot, and i haven't located a solution yet. So I wonder if the app is just not yet compatible with this particular fitbit version yet? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I saw your concerns about Carrot rewards is not recognizing your Fitbit steps. Thanks to some of you to keep reporting more information and for sharing the troubleshooting steps you have tried. In this case since this third party app doesn't figure among our officially supported apps the information available is very limited. The best recommendation is to either revoke the access and reconnect your accounts as it was mentioned by @Rich_Laue before in this post.

The other alternative, is to contact the support of Carrot rewards in case there is an existing issue; so they can provide more details of their progress. I'm sure if there is an issue they will fix this very soon.

See you around friends. I'll be keeping an eye to the development of this topic.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoMEwrote:

Hello everyone! I saw your concerns about Carrot rewards is not recognizing your Fitbit steps. Thank to some of you to keep reporting more information and for sharing the troubleshooting steps you have tried. In this case since this third party app doesn't figure among our officially supported apps the information available is very limited. The best recommendation is to either revoke the access and reconnect your accounts as it was mentioned by @Rich_Laue before in this post.

The other alternative, is to contact the support of Carrot rewards in case there is an existing issue; so they can provide more details of their progress. I'm sure if there is an issue they will fix this very soon.

See you around friends. I'll be keeping an eye to the development of this topic.

Hi @RobertoME,

@WE all know now that the post by @Rich_Laue does not work as it seems to have worked on "some" cases, not on the majority.

Also, Carrot Rewards app is notorious for responding very slow to customer services, and this issue seems to be around for too long that it is highly likely that they don't know how to fix this, which is ridiculous.

Lastly, if people bought Fitbit just to have it linked to Carrot Rewards, you guys really should work together to resolve it instead of saying, "Carrot Rewards is not supported third party app by Fitbit".  If that's the case, why did Carrot Rewards claim that it works with Fitbit?  This type of attitude makes people return Fitbit.

Come on.  Please work with Carrot Rewards to get this issue looked at properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @BigML, thank you for sharing your comments, I can understand your feedback and you are correct. When a third party app is not officially supported, doesn't mean it won't work with Fitbit, since there are tons of apps that use our Open API to integrate their service with ours, without the need of being directly supported by us. The difference is that the information we have available to help our users is very limited.

Nonetheless I will give follow up to this issue and if I got more details, I will keep you informed.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

ImI'sorry if people bought their Fitbit only to link up with carrot rewards, but Fitbit only provides the tools needed by third parties to link up and have no control over what a third party as Carrot Rewards. If Carrot Rewards is having an issue that they can not resolve, They can reach out to Fitbit im sure they will help. Fitbit has been known to help others, however fitbit does not have access to carrot rewards server .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Lauewrote:

I'm sorry if people bought their Fitbit Fat richly to link up with carrot rewards, but Fitbit only provides the tools needed by third parties to link up and have no control over what a third party as Carrot Rewards. If Carrot Rewards is having an issue that they can not resolve, they can reach out to Fitbit im sure they will help. Fitbit has been known to help others, however Fitbit does not have access to carrot rewards server .

Thanks for your reply.

As you can see from the below email that I received from Carrot Rewards, they are talking about the inability to access Fitbit server, while you're talking about the inability to access Carrot Rewards server.  This leads me to think that you guys don't seem to be working together.  It seems to me that you guys are just waiting for the other to do something about this issue.  Sorry for the rant, but this is what frustrates me.

CarrotIssue.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @imacarr, thank you for the additional details. Note that we have no control over this app to disable the function to connect Carrot rewards. Have you reviewed if the check boxes to allow the access to your Fitbit Dashboard are marked? Usually this behavior that you described, happen when these marks are not selected in the authorization screen.

If the issue persists, would you be so kind to share a screenshot whit me? If you need help to upload images to the Community, refer to this post.

See you later and keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue is on the carrot side. They are aware of it and their developers
are 'working on it'.
Best Answer