Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing to strava. Again!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having issues with my fitbit not syncing to strava again, i had this issue a couple of weeks ago and this was sorted and worked, up until now.... 

recently it has been syncing more or less straight away but my run from tonight has not synced???

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54
Hi,

Mine is now working, but I have lost a few runs that didn’t sync unfortunately

Kind regards,

Byron Holt
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @leambiker. Welcome to the Forums @Bdaholt.

@leambiker Thanks for trying to revoke access and letting us know that it is not working.

To answer your questions, there isn't any particular reason why this could be happening. It is probably mostly related to connection issues that might develop because of updates on either of the apps. In that case I'd say that you try to get in touch with Strava directly to see if they can take a closer look.

@Bdaholt Glad to know that everything is working correctly now. Let's keep an eye on it and see how it behaves from now on.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, this has happened again my runs have not been logged for 3 days ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bdaholt.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

Did you try to disconnect the apps and then connect them again? If you have not yet given it a shot this time, please do so.

If that doesn't work then please try getting in touch with Strava so that this can be looked into by them, since these integrations are developed by the third parties.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve upgraded to an Ionic and so far so good! I’m loving it 

Best Answer

Hello @Bdaholt.

Thanks for that update! Glad to read that it seems to be working correctly for you. You can continue to work towards all of your goals.

If you have the time, maybe you could try to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit keeps losing sync on its own from Strava. It works for a a day, maybe two or three, and then goes dead again. I have now disconnected and reconnected multiple times … based on my experience the syncing app is simply not robust.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Markow.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. 

Please try to continue restarting the connection whenever this happens.  Please do know that we take all comments seriously and are always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Although the utility of the Fitbit app is much greater if it syncs with Strava, for me that utility is lost when it misses activities because the syncing keeps self-disconnecting at random times every few days. Manually monitoring for missed activities and then reconnecting when the syncing fails is not a good solution. Right now, the syncing is too unreliable to have value for me.

Best Answer

Hello @Markow.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. 

How often would you say the Strava is disconnecting from your Fitbit account? Would you say that it happens at any particular time of the day, or day, or any pattern that you can find?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeap mine too / ditto.  My Charge 3 has sync issues with Fitbit app almost more than it actually syncs with my Samsung S7 phone.  Further, other than the first month that I got my Charge 3 (Oct 2018) and connected my Fitbit account with Strava, the Strava sync integration has NOT worked.  Strava has a manual import method where you can export the Fitbit data then import into Strava.  But guess what, it doesn't work because the Fitbit data is not in the proper format.  Everything worked prior to a firmware update in early November, and there are clearly software issues that Fitbit needs to address.

And yes,I've tried all recommended courses of action; i.e. disconnecting everything and reconnecting it.  That works for the Fitbit to the phone sync integration, but after November 1, I've never been able to get the Fitbit app to push the data to Strava.  Hope Fitbit starts looking into this issue because I'm pretty much done doing the disconnect and reconnect as a temporary one or two day fix.

Best Answer

It's not possible for me to give more details about when the syncing stops working. When it does work, it often can take hours to sync. I can live with that. The only way I know that the syncing has failed again is if nothing has sync'd for a day or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Markow. Welcome to the Forums @OldManGuy.

@Markow Thanks for trying to answer my questions.

@OldManGuy In your case, I'm afraid I am not entirely clear what is the situation. You mention that it has never worked but you also mentioned that it worked until November. Could you a bit more thorough and specific on the matter?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone else having this problem again. I've disconnected and reconnected but still not uploading. Thought this was all fixed? 

Best Answer

Hello @Jillyholli.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Has the situation continued since then? I'd like to take a closer look at what could be going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes