Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disconnect Fitbit from MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know how? It is killing me

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

I have the same problem but cannot find an e-mail for my fitness pal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @boisegrandma! You can contact them at Myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Lucy

I have the same problem, I was trying from the web but still there. I need removing because the macronutrients information, disappeared. 

I was try directly from Myfitnesspal and is not working. Please help! 

Thank you in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Petibella! Thanks for sharing your experience with MFP and for the troubleshooting steps you took before posting here. 

Double check that you have revoked MFP access from your Fitbit account. After this, make sure to re-link them again. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for reply. I will try! 

Best Answer

Hey there @Petibella! Please keep me posted with the outcome. Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have revoked access but when I go into apps and devices on MyFitnessPal it still says it is connected?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @Mandaz123! Thanks for letting me know this. To revoke access to your Fitbit account to your MFP account, you need to go to MFP

Then, click on apps, search for Fitbit. Click on the Fitbit icon and then on the right side, you will find the 'Disconnect' button. 

mfprevoke.PNG

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer

I had the same issue and I was able to solve it for myself.  I was not sure if I had another myfitnesspal account, so to check, I searched for old emails from myfitnesspal in my inbox (key word search).  Fortunately, they send emails addressing you by your user name.  Since it was different from what I currently have, I knew it had to be the older account that was already connected to my fitbit account.  I checked the email address myftinesspal sent the message to, and this was also different from my current account, further indicating that I did have another account at some point.  I simply used this old email to attempt a login and said I forgot my password.  From there they allowed me to reset the password.  I reset my password and used this information to log into my old account.  Sure enough, fitbit was linked under apps.  There was a button that said "disconnect". I clicked it and it said the disconnect was successful. I then made sure fitbit had revoked all access to myfitnesspal then logged back into my new/current myfitnessspal account.  I  was then able to link fitbit to current account the standard way.  Did all this through the browser and not via apps. 

I can only speak for those who have or can't remember their old myfitnesspal account info. I worked around not having my login info for the old account by having the email address used for this account handy, then resetting password and logging in to disconnect old account from fitbit.  Hope this helps someone.

Best Answer